V12 Setup tips?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Aaron Green, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afternoon all,

Im finding that when driving the V12's that if i go around fast corners that are extended, (in particular corners like the series of fast left handers at bathurst - Frog Hollow, Sulman Park, McPhillimy Park, or the uphill fast left - Dunlop Curve) the tyres get loaded up and loaded up and then cry enough and rotate the car. Im keeping a fixed turning curve whilst going through said corners, so either the car is too low and stalling? The tyres are overheating under duress? Ive done all the logical things like raised the front fast rebounds, lowered the rears, lowered the rear ARB, etc etc etc.

Do these cars not appreciate being lowered? Is playing around with the rear toe causing issues? Im fine with them on point and squirt circuits but im finding this loading issue a puzzling one to contain and cure on faster race circuits...

Any tips? I like a car with a rock solid rear - i tend to generate quite a bit of oversteer naturally, never known why, but when i have shared setups with friends they have always remarked how they cant get the car to turn, where am i going wrong? Should i be raising the right height and softening springs, as opposed to the opposite?

Any comments @Renato Simioni ? What am i doing wrong?

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These two pictures helped me a lot, perhaps they are of some value for you

Oversteer troubles
    [​IMG]
    Understeer troubles
    [​IMG]

(There is a fault in de decrease rear decrease front in the midcorner part)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In which bit sorry? As I mainly suffer with mid corner understeer, which stops me getting on the throttle in the way I like to help gently rotate the rear. Helpful pictures though, thank you.

4. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

I would say something's missing in those pictures : sway bar settings.

Based on my understanding:
    • Mid-corner understeer = you can try softer front sway bar and/or stiffer rear sway bar
    • Mid-corner oversteer = you can try harder front sway bar and/or softer rear sway bar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amanda

Amanda New Member

ARB's are definitely the first thing I try as they have the biggest impact on car handling, IMO.
    I'd do as polo199 says.