1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious problem multiplayer car contacts

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by L3aarg, Apr 2, 2020.

1. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

Car contact have something wrong, indeed if you are following close a car at some point you can see the other car spinning (from pov seems that from 2 cars there's 1 free meter). You can't"feel" the contact but the other driver (the one in front of you) feel the push and spin away.. we tried with many categories of cars, also with shifter kart,same problem. I don't know if I explained it well, maybe it could be caused by netcode problem or similar.
    Thanks for your great work reiza

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also seen this reported in a YT stream of a few multiplayer races.
    Believed to possibly be a long standing bug or issue of the Madness Engine (EDIT: probably not, since it has not be seen in PC2).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Played around 3 hours with two friends and yes, a few times one would say i hit them, when i was 100% sure i was close but didnt touch their car.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twinz

Twinz Member

I have not experienced this in PC2 and it runs on the madness Engine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I got of that YT stream, this issue happened to one player but not the other, so might be dependent on some specific conditions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

The contact (which in reality there is not) is only felt by the driver who is ahead and not only feels the contact, which could only push it but catapults it out of the circuit as if it were a very strong contact. This has been experienced by about 10 people who have been testing all with low ping since we are from the same country. I have had more than 800 hours of Project Cars 2 and this problem does not happen and it has the same graphics engine. It is a very serious mistake that I hope you can solve because it ruins the most important thing in online competitions.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

I add more data that may be useful to this problem, the lateral contacts are fine, they are not a problem, this is so easy to test in multiplayer mode to chase someone from behind and they will quickly find out about the error. Greetings I hope this explanation is helpful to improve the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Agreed. I was just bump drafting a car at Spielberg, about 1M from his rear bumper. He suddenly skewed off into the barrier as though I had side swiped him with great force. There is a netcode issue for sure that never was present in PC2. Very well done up to now, Reiza. I can already see huge potential in the Early Access version of the Sim!

9. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be interesting to see onboards (with mirror showing) from both cars involved.. to see if the car ahead saw the car behind actually hitting it.

10. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

Experienced the same issues in the Chevette last night... Appears to be a collision mesh issue? It is like the collision box is longer than the image portrays. One driver not feeling the contact may be indicating my theory is incorrect...

11. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

the driver who comes behind does not feel any contact and who is ahead takes the car from his hands as if it were a violent blow

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gabriel Ezequiel Bolteau

Gabriel Ezequiel Bolteau New Member

If you do not fix this error I am sorry to say that the game is dead since it will be impossible to compete on online servers, salu2

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Vitor Arbex

Played again for another 2 hours, and since this time we raced closer, this issue was very noticeable.
    The funny thing is if you look at rear mirror you apear distant, but the overhead map both dots are almost on top of each other, maybe this helps Reiza identify the issue.
    @Heitor Facuri Cicoti you guys following this thread? anything we can do to help, i´m playing with these two friends very frequently, its easy to try some scenarios out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hirzo Schuurman

Hirzo Schuurman New Member

I was about to buy this game but i'm gonna wait first now to see if this problem gets fixed.
    I saw it happening a couple of time in GamerMuscle his stream.
    If this doesn't get fixed entirely then that's that, you can't race multiplayer at all.
    Example:

or like this:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

This happened many times in GM's stream last night, every driver reporting at least one incident. The Uno's were great fun other than the collision issue :)

16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, we are aware of that. Much will be solved when we release the Dedicated Server, but we are keeping an eye on it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Vitor Arbex

Thats great

18. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Thanks for the update @Heitor Facuri Cicoti Keep up the good work! I have faith that AMS2 is going to be fabulous :)

19. Vitor Arbex

It already is, Our little group used to race on AC, but after this first two days racing in AMS2, first day racing on 3 laps short races with dynamic weather going from clear to heavy rain was just game changing.
    Two of them uninstaled AC on day one, i just kept mine since i race on SRS eventualy, but maybe they will support AMS2 once the dedicated server is out.

20. Hirzo Schuurman

Hirzo Schuurman New Member

But what happens when you run your own/a rented server, will the problem also get solved in that case?