1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds engine and spotter - how to change them?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mac2, Apr 4, 2020.

1. mac2

mac2 New Member

So far liking the cars in particular the F1 Gen2 and V8's when the FFB is set up right.....however

1)Some of the in car engine sounds are not good - strangely for the f1gen2 the in cockpit is not good but when you jump to external views such as above the drivers head its a huge imrovement!! - however is there anyway to drive in the cockpit (preferred view) with the external engine sound?

2)Have the spotter enabled (volume at 100 and shared memory set to PC2 (which was told was necessary?) but dont get any sound - however can see its working cause i get subtitles - any way to fix this?

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

spotter is not yet functional at the moment and has nothing to do with shared memory.
    If you want CrewChief, then you need to activate shared memory.
    But that are 2 different things.
    CrewChief does not work in Test Day. Seems CC needs an update :p

3. mac2

mac2 New Member

thanks and noted......seems many people are trying to get spotter working (presumably unsuccessfully….)
    for the crew chief where can I enable this? also in the shared memory page are the correct settings PC2/off/PC1 to get it working?

4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I have 'Automobilista 2' selected in Crew Chief, and 'Project CARS 2' selected twice in AMS2 shared memory.
    It works in the races and qualifying for me. Not sure about Test Day.

5. mac2

mac2 New Member

thanks for the reply.
    so where are you selecting crew chief from?
    in the shared mem page assume u select PC2/off/PC2?

6. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Indeed, You can if you have spotter/pit crew subtitles see the same dialogue used in PCARS which had Ben Collins as the voice over, naturally they obviously have to disable the audio probably due to licencing

7. mac2

mac2 New Member

ok - think I got it now.....
    by crew chief you mean install the app rather than enable in game - then enable the shared memory pc2/off/pc2 in game?...……….can someone provide a link or should the latest v4 version have an ams2 option?

8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member