1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T300 -> selecting things in menu does not always work

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Shodan0000, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Navigating the menus does not work. For some menu options the select button on the T300 does nothing. I can't select certain menu items.

Also, I can not change opponent skill / aggression at all. Left and tight POV do nothing.
    I have to use my mouse, but I use -vrnomirror to get a significant performance boost and then this does not work anymore.

Also selecting with the VR cursor does not work anymore (maybe because of -vrnomirror?). Auto select / manual select do not work anymore. So basically I am forced to use mouse and keyboard in the menus.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Also, when driving I can not select anything in the ICM menu. the select button does nothing. Can't request pitstop, can't quit the menu.

3. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Are you using the -novrmirror option by chance?

I had to stop using it as i could not select certain menu items because the mouse wasn't on screen at all, pressing down towards START (race) wouldn't happen, or using VR Gaze to select wouldn't fo anything on my Thrustmaster TX. I had to stop using that command-line in order to be able to race or choose car livery's etc

4. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I was indeed, but even when disabled I don't seem to be able to select things in the ICM menu like pitstop while driving.

5. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Are you using one of several T300 wheel templates in game? I notice there are a few for the t300. Im assuming due to different wheel types it gets sold with ( Formula One rim etc)

I had to stop using the template is set my TX 458 Italia to as it was broken to hell( twitchy steering even at low speeds) . In game it calls it something weird like Thrustmaster Ferrari Forcefeedback but thats not right at all ( a total;ly different wheel in that brand), and there isnt one for TX 458 Italia. Since setting it to custom the wheel behaves normally but i get odd menu behavior using the no mirror launch line so ive had to settle with having the game shown on my monitor but being able to select menus with mouse, and being able to use the ICM on track.

Maybe the t300 template your using is wonky, there are a few for t300 it appears. It could also be that TM need to do a firmware/driver update for AMS2 as whilst its using the same engine as PC2 there must be something different, and TM haven't had an update since earlier this year

(Package 2020_TTRS_1 was feb 2020)

6. KRoman47

KRoman47 New Member AMS2 Club Member

The VR selection is quite odd, I remember I've turned it off in pC2 because it was so annoying but I can confirm selecting in some menus with T300 599XX Alcantara sometimes doesn't work. I had to kill AMS2 after a race once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Is your control profile named after your T300 + rim combo? Or just Thrustmaster T300

Try a few to see if buttons start working again, other than that try a custom profile

8. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Will check another. T300 is selected by AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

On the Fanatec DD2 displaying ICM works 50% of the time.. It has a mind of it's own..

10. José Santos

José Santos New Member

I can confirm using my T300 I can't select all items on the menu. For example, while in a multiplayer lobby I can't select "Drive" despite having tried all the buttons. The only way is using the mouse or the "gaze control" with vr

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Thanks for confirming. I will make a bug report later today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1