1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No engine sound inside car

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gperroud, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gperroud

Gperroud New Member

On many cars I have no engine sound inside the car, especially with open wheel cars, but if use external cameras I can hear it. Anyone knows how to fix this ?

2. LOVE-TITZ

LOVE-TITZ New Member

yes me to mate did you get help with problem, incar super v8 sounds perfect so cant be my sound system but on most outher cars only sound when exterior cams are on.
    Dave

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If I am right you've to use stereo in your audio-settings, like realtek, etc.

4. LOVE-TITZ

LOVE-TITZ New Member

ok changed settings to stereo tried 1 car that didnt work before ,YES ive got sound now in cockpit cam, thanks for help ,shame i will have to keep changing this settings for my other games but its not the end of the world,this could be great game,hope they fix the problems
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gperroud

Gperroud New Member

My realtek app was set i 5.1 I put it back to Stereo and the problem is gone

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Heitor gave me a tip to verify files, I did it and got all the sounds back, dont know why as it did not have to reacquire any files. The sounds do seem a little low in car but at least I have them all now.

8. MDoylerz

MDoylerz New Member

I was having this same issue. I would get engine audio if I changed to chase camera, but if I was in the cockpit of a car with an engine behind the driver I wasnt hearing it. Turns out that my audio profile setting on my PC was saying it was outputting surround sound but my 7.1 capable headphones were only playing stereo. So I was only hearing audio from the right and left, thus no engine noises.
    I found out that if I uninstall and reinstall my headphone software (logitech G hub, for me) everything would work fine, until in my PCs audio mixer I changed the output from Realtek to my Headphones. Then the issue would reappear. If you can get your headphones to play surround sound while the audio output is the default (i.e. Realtek), I did and dont really know how, then it may fix your issue.

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

On my system I need to set Windows sound to 5.1 or 7.1 and then set my sound system "down mix" to headphones.
    Which is my sound system down mix all the surround channels to the headphones 2 channels.
    If I set Windows to stereo then I can hear Im missing some channels/sound cues.

ByTheWay: The down mix thing happens automagically when I tell my Auzentech that I wanna use headphones.

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, has this been corrected in an update? I've had this issue for a while and the car's sound in cockpit is so weak, (like you're in a vacuum). I only use Realtek Stereo on my 2.1 Z625. All other games and apps w/ audio sound fine. Even car engine sound while in the game's menu screen is fine.... it's only when driving that the car's sound is so weak. Tried validating the game already. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Unfortunately the mix of many cars inside the cockpit is very weak for whatever reason in stereo...

Group A cars are a fine example...

Between the cars that are mixed well and those that don't I find I have to change the engine slider from 30-100 with a lot of the other sliders turned down below 70 to get close to what I'd consider mixed ok...

• Agree Agree x 1