1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, this is a problem nearly every racing game suffers with, the only 2 games to ever have a decent camera movement and options are iracing and raceroom, all other games including this basically have 2 options, static and super bumpy or lock to horizon which is horrible

can you please add camera options like iracing and raceroom have that make the car bump around instead of the horizon without locking it to the horizon?, lock to horizon (which is what the world movement slider is) is not the same and is and sick inducing to many ppl

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

There is the only setting we have.

I set mine to 30 so the car bumps and the world bumps a little

Any lower under 25 and the world is still and the car wallows over bumps like your on a boat ( makes me il lin VR)

3. WhippyWhip

the world movement is just a lock to horizon slider, i don't want lock to horizon, i just want the car to bump around instead ofg the whole scene without the camera locking to horizon, iracing and raceroom have options for this and it works far better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

What do you want the world to do?

Lowering movement stops the awful world shaking. 30-50 you get a bit of both 1-29 its stops moving completely but you get car wallow. Its part of the game engine as was the case with PC2.

You have to find a setting that suits you best, as i said in VR 30 is what i settled for so i get car bump/shake and tiny world movement.

edit typos

5. WhippyWhip

i know what the setting does and it's not what i'm asking for, i'm asking for camera movement like iracing and raceroom have,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree. iRacing has the best driving camera. I can't stand when the world bounces all over the place. That's not how Eyes work. That's how cameras work. I have the same issue with ACC. I really like the sim, but the driving view kills it for me. Locking the horizon doesn't work very well either, because when you go up and down hills, the view gets shifted. Try Laguna on ACC with the horizon locked.

Hopefully there is a way to get the driving view better. They may be locked in by the game engine though. For now I use World Movement at 30. I can only drive for about 30 minutes before I get a headache though. lol

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

i use the same 30 setting, its the best of both worlds but its all we have in this engine atm

8. WhippyWhip

hopefully a new option can be introduced, one that keeps the horizon stable and makes the car bump around but without the need to lock to horizon on vertical changes such as hills etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of hills, the problem is very apparent on Cadwell Park, towards the end of the track on that super stiff hill before the esses and final hairpin. Although I do not care that much about the shaking in general, at this specific place it makes for a very unpleasant effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

I also have to agree on that. At the moment this anoying camera behaviour kills the immersion for me. At the moment this is the only reason for me, to stop playing the game. I can't find a setting that fit's me. I hope Reiza finds a solution (additional setting?) for that. Sometimes my impression is, that the suspension movement is to much connected to the camera movement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

Delete this

12. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Keep in mind there are two dynamic camera forces which are World Movement and G-Force. The issue with how the camera behaves on hills is related to G-Force, the bumpiness compared to the "world" is World Movement.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No need to look afar. AMS 1 had the exact movement being requested--as its default setting. I have been asking for the equivalent in AMS 2 since alpha ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

So if I got you right, then there is already a request to improve the camera settings, since the alpha state.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but like 99% of the posts on here, there are repeat requests for things.

I loved the AMS cockpit cam (default) and after fiddling could not seem to replicate it. I do not have major problems with the existing settings, but it would still be nice to have what we had in AMS (either a new option, or someone tells us the magic combination of existing settings).

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. WhippyWhip

17. Joseph Elton

Joseph Elton New Member AMS2 Club Member

bump

P.S. It is possible to do this in Assetto Corsa using Real Head Motion - I'll post my settings below, but you can tune out most of the bumpiness without the camera locking to horizon or moving too much which is great in VR as well as 2D.

RHM Settings:
    Pitch Filter and Roll Filter: Ticked, Min Angle at 0.50, Value at 90%
    All other settings at minimum value.

You can use Content Manager to get it to launch automatically with the game so you never have to think about it again.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  18. fandog

fandog New Member

In my opinion, I want the world movement option to be set to 100, and increase the degree of line of sight jitter set by the option. Too much line of sight jitter will cause vision fatigue and damage the eyes,I found through China's simulation racing forum that there are people who have the same reaction with me, and I hope to attach importance to it

19. fandog

fandog New Member

2.jpg 1.jpg
    This is the situation of uphill and downhill. It's a good game. This problem leads to unpleasant play

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. WhippyWhip

bump

• Agree Agree x 1