1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Released in Early Access! Now updated to v0.8.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I remember you posting somewhere else that this might be a decent work-around. I need to try this, as I too get all of my brake travel in the first half of the pedal travel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What sound issue do you have˙? I'm playing with headphones but did not notice anything wrong, although I did not try all cars. In sound settings, make sure you have it configured for headphones.

3. alpi00

alpi00 New Member

You have to enable spatial sound in the sound control panel

4. KRoman47

KRoman47 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm some strange audio as well (didn't try 0.8.0.1 so far). I remember some car had engine starting sound bugged and some cars had some random pop sound while driving that repeated with some interval that was quite annoying.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The sound issues are that some onboard engine sounds do not work but from external cams they do. Then in other cars the onboard sound does work but when you look back it doesn't work. There are a number of threads here, on RD and steam about it. Seems to be a common problem.

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are aware of the reports, still investigating what may be causing it on some systems. This hotfix was just for the issues quickly fixable and other updates already in progress before release.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Some said the problem was solved after they Verified Files Integrity on Steam.

8. justsome1else

justsome1else New Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jefka

Jefka New Member

Great hotfix, completely changed / fixed my braking issues. With the correct brake pressure I'm confident to put my foot down and trailbrake now where it was incredibly sensitive previous version.

I also noticed (at least the p3) cars being less sensitive for the strange backend stepping out (in a weird way, I understand the people that called it the pc2 "pivot") that I experienced in the previous version. Seems fixed aswell. Really like the hotfix, great job!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Sprint Race cars in 2019 has paddle-shift gear changes. In the game, the animation is changing the gear in a stick.

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yep aware - the physics is of a paddle shifter, just animation needs to be corrected to suit (already reported internally).

• Like Like x 6
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, it's hard to judge sounds by compressed youtube samples.
    Onboard sounds seem quite a bit more low pitched and throaty with a good amount of resonance from the body.
    Cool series, hard but fair and respectful driving.

13. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

NM

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm a little misplaced. I don't know if I have a placebo effect but I feel like I'm playing another game after the update. I have only tried the v8 in Jerez but now I feel connected to the track and the feeling is totally different. Maybe the reason is that I've gotten used to the game?

I will continue testing :)

15. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

The Formula Vee is still worlds apart from AMS1 or rFactor2 DLC!
    Not inches, worlds apart....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

And AMS2 is still in EARLY ACCESS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

am I the only one who can't hear pit crew talking through headphones? if so, how can I fix that? thanks. by the way, loving it after today update, on sc2 sport it feels a lot more like ams1 now

18. vortex

vortex Member

I had the same problem (same hardware) and pretty much the same solution. Although I saved the calibration, it seems to lose it each time I start the game and I get the extra sensitive brakes again. Unfortunately I have to re-calibrate every time I play. When calibrated, even with the update, I still have to set the brake sensitivity at 20 in the options and lower the brake pressure in the car setup to about 80%. This almost fixes the issue but I can still occasionally lock the wheels at high speed in the Formula Ultimate car.

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did try that late last night but it did not find any issues with the files. Did not run another race to check though. Will do that tonight.

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy. I am so happy. Found out There's a British Formula Ford championship aka F-trainer. They run 7 or 8 races which are twoday-raceweekend, 3 rounds per race. A round is 20 minutes each. Don't know how long the practice and qualify are. I love this. <3

Would be cool if you can somewhat simulate real life championships or/and have the choice to race in Brasil/South-America or UK. With real regulations. :cool: But if I remember correctly I already had such thing posted few months ago, hehe.

Just trying to create a custom championship in AMS 1 now. :p Yeah worked! Even with the correct points, and such. Guess I am going to have a AMS 1-day <3

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.