1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cockpit wobbling , shaking

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Chris Ground, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

I am wondering why the cockpit shaing wobbling in AMS2 is so hard. I jumped quickly into PC2 (since years) and tested there on a quick race and it wasn't as hard.

Is there any chance to reduce this?

2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

options -> camera -> second tab -> world movement and g effect

prolly one of those
    worldmovement will fix the camera to ur car (if u put a high value), or make the camera not very effected by car movement (lower value)
    g effect will shaking ur camera based on gforces, might want to turn that lower or off

3. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I am aware of this, but especially world movement set to "0" makes the cockpit moving around you in a totally unnatural way. Especially if you drive down-hill or up-hill.

4. Duncan Halliday

Duncan Halliday New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, in my experience I think it's probably best not to use the extreme settings (0 or 100) for world movement. Try 20-30 if you want lock to horizon or 70-80 if you want it locked to the car. It's worth experimenting and finding what works best for you.

You can turn off all the g force effects etc too of you want less movement.

5. vortex

vortex Member

I agree that it seems unnatural. I can’t believe that every track is really this bumpy. Look at real-world footage and most tracks are, with the odd exception around each lap, quite smooth. It certainly gives more of an impression of speed in the game but just doesn’t look real. I wonder if it’s an effect baked-into the sim which also causes it to be so bumpy when you run off track at speed.

• Agree Agree x 1