1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. KRoman47

KRoman47 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Caterham Academy, Superlight, Sprint Race series and maybe more.
    Applicable Settings: Any settings
    Report: Sound repeatedly pops when driving.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive Caterham Academy, Superlight or Sprint Race car around a track and you will hear popping in headphones.

2. KRoman47

Track & Layout Used: Any track.
    Car Used: Any car with rear camera display in cockpit.
    Applicable Settings: Enhanced mirror.
    Report: Rear camera display angle changes in VR with headmovement.
    Steps to reproduce: Load any car with rear camera display in cockpit in VR and move your head - the camera angle changes as it is mirror.

3. KRoman47

Track & Layout Used: Any track.
    Car Used: Stock Car V8 and possibly any car with interior mirror.
    Applicable Settings: Enhanced mirror.
    Report: Picture in the interior mirror is somehow distorted at several points in VR.
    Steps to reproduce: Load any car with interior mirror in VR and look in the mirror, drive or just move your head you will see the picture in the mirror is distorted at several points.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Donnington National
    Car Used: Super v8
    Applicable Settings: Test Day, Weather - Clear
    Report: Unusual physics when hitting gravel trap at last chicane. I went in too hot and was skidding but did not have a lot of steering lock.

Steps to reproduce: I have already hit that trap a number of times with different cars, can not reproduce at this time.

5. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: V10, V12, F-Classic (Gen 1, 2, & 3), F-Ultimate, F-Vintage (Gen 1 & 2). Those are all I tried so far
    Applicable Settings: Sunny & cloudy
    Report: Very low volume on engine sound in the cockpit camera (the volume goes up when looking to the left / right) when using VR. When I try to run WITHOUT VR, I then get NO engine sound. Tried many setting's & still will not work. I run many race Sims (PCARS2, AC, ACC, iracing, R3, F1 2019, Grid, etc.) and have NONE of these issues.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any of car on the onboard cockpit camera and look right and left, it cuts to opposite speaker (look left & you hear from right speaker only, and look right & you hear from left speaker only). And I get the lowest volume when looking at straight forward (like it's muffled). BUT, if you turn headset around 180 degrees (facing back) it thn gets full sound, loud & clear, with no cutting out.

Related Hardware: ASUS Maximus Gene VIII motherboard, Intel i5 6600 (overclocked 31%), Asus RTX 2080, 16GB ram (G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200), Corsair H100 V2 water Cooler, and primarily using Samsung Odessy+ on Steam VR/WMR, but also use triple screen (when I get no engine sound). And on Windows 10 64.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Serban Buzduga

Serban Buzduga New Member

Track and layout:Any
    Car used:any
    Applicable settings:Any
    Report:Soft lock/wheel lock almost not existant .Very faint feeling .Anytime I try to turn past the car's steering degrees it does with no issue .Also,when crashing,the wheel also gets past and doesn't lock when it should .
    Steps to reproduce:Try higher force feedback settings .I have a ts-pc racer

7. Serban Buzduga

Serban Buzduga New Member

Track and layout :any
    Car used:forma reiza/v10 gen 2
    Applicable settings:auto clutch on
    Report:at race starts the car doesn't shift into 1st gear unless I step on the clutch .The paddle doesnt shift before that,it remains into neutral
    Step to reproduce:I tried multiple times with these cars and the same thing happened

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Lancer R and RS
    Applicable Settings: Weather - rain
    Report: Rain droplets running on the opposite way through the windshield.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Lancer in a Rainy session, and pay attention to the windshield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. _Christian_

_Christian_ New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Short (happens will all tracks)
    Car Used: Old Stock Chevy
    Applicable Settings: Night or during thunderstorm, when its dark
    Report: The car has no headlights, so you cant see at night to race, oh its dark lol
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any night condition with the Old Stock and bam, its dark, no lights.

10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington, Spielberg
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Thunderstorm
    Report: Tracks unaffected by rainfall when using these cars, no water at all on surface, no spray from car but still rain droplets on car and lots of rainfall. No requirement for wet tyres, slicks worked as normal.
    Steps to reproduce: Since restarting the game I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.I know, difficult to fix an issue that can't be reproduced but it happened, so figured I'd report it anyway.

11. Marsh Freeman

Marsh Freeman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Full Damage enabled
    Report: If there is contact or a crash that causes the wheels to detach from the car, the wheels will not be replaced when returning to the pit box. It seems that the root issue is the game not recognizing that damage has occurred as the pit board telling you to pit in for repairs is not displayed. Even restarting the session does not fix the issue. Only solution is to completely exit the event. This bug does not occur every time.
    Steps to reproduce: Create contact that causes the wheels to detach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Marsh Freeman

Marsh Freeman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Adelaide (Modern and 88)
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: All cars start on wet tires regardless of weather settings. Tried changing to slicks in the menu but this did not fix the problem.
    Steps to reproduce: Start a Test Day at either Adelaide configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rafael Fehér

Rafael Fehér New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg (Full course)
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: manual pit-stop
    Report: When entering the pit-stop in qualification or race sessions, the game give me a time penalty for speeding in the pit-lane even when I'm BELOW speed limit.

Steps to reproduce: Set manual pit-stop to "yes" and enter the pit-lane in qualifying or race session

14. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings: Fanatec 3 digit screen
    Report: in AMS1, we had the "controller.ini" to set the 3 digit to gears or speed, how can we adjust this in AMS2 ?
    Steps to reproduce: read the speed (or the gears) on the Fanatec V2 small steeringwheel screen, is it possible as it was with AMS1 ?
    I saw in the menu "RPM/GEAR=yes" but it dosent work obviously, also there is not the choice like "gear, speed" or else.

15. tpw

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: ARC Camaro
    Applicable Settings: Rain
    Report: Rain drops appear on the windscreen, inside the car, and on the helmet visor
    Steps to reproduce: Drive an ARC Camaro in the rain

16. tpw

Car Used: Sprint Race Car
    Applicable Settings: Rain
    Report: Rain drops appear on the windscreen and inside the car
    Steps to reproduce: Drive an Sprint Rae Car in the rain

17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

[VR] Desktop Monitor Output HUD is HUGE.

Track & Layout Used: All.
    Car Used: All.
    Applicable Settings: Oculus Rift S (possibly other Headsets).
    Report: When using the Oculus Rift S, the HUD on the desktop monitor when in VR is oversized.
    It’s so big that the elements on the bottom left and right are cropped off, whilst the lap delta information is offset to the right.
    Other elements, such as the pit limiter, flag warnings and pit boards, are set a visible metre out in front of you in VR, on a totally separate plane, and the latter two don’t even show up on the desktop output!
    This is an inherited issue from PC2, as the Rift S was released 7-8 months after all development stopped on PC2. I’m not sure what the situation is for other headsets.
    Whilst it’s not the biggest bug/issue facing the the game right now, I do hope it makes it to the list to get fixed at some point.
    Steps to reproduce: Look at the HUD on your desktop monitor, when playing in VR, with a Rift S(and possibly other headsets).

Identical HUDs, identical scenarios:

Top image: The desktop monitor HUD in non-VR mode.
    Bottom image: The same desktop monitor HUD whilst in VR.

Attached Files:

18. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya New Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Ultma GiTR
    Applicable Settings: Fanatec CSR Forza Rotation
    Report: I've done all the right steps( I think ), selected Fanatec CSR on options, calibrate it on the right way, wheel were detected with 900 degrees of range, all seems ok, but when I hit the track the wheel range in the car is not equal of the real wheel. I have done the same test with my T500rs and it's working perfect.

To add more information, the force feedback in T500rs seems alot more "alive", I know the T500rs FFB is much stronger, but in other games the difference is not so much, special in track details, like bumps and track grooves that is the point i'm refering.

Steps to reproduce: Drive sinlge race with Ulitma GTR in Cascavel using Fanatec CSR Forza Wheel

19. Jessuss

Jessuss New Member

Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any (logitec G29 with and without logitech gaming software)
    Report: driving wheel seems to unbind every time i start the game. In my first boot ever worked perfect, from there, every boot only seems to recognize the wheel in menus (i can move through options with the buttons on the wheel), but once i try to drive, no button in the wheel seems to work (even the same buttons used in the menues now seem to not respond)
    Steps to reproduce: This morning i managed to get the game to detect the wheel after restarting steam, but now that does not work either. I tried to re-assign buttons, that seems to fix part of the problem (for example, if i re-assign gear up, i can gear up when i try to drive, but the other buttons not re-assigned stay 'undetected'). However, wheel (turn right/left) and pedals don't seem to be able to be reasigned. Tried with and without logitech gaming software, same problem. I've noted that this issue (or a similar one) happened to other people too.

edit: starting the game with "administrator mode" seems to make the game save the assigning of buttons (so when you re-start the game, everything is working as it was working the previous time). Still puzzling why on the first boot you don't need to assign any key and it works. And maybe a little troublesome if you want to open the game from steam (is rather annoying to chose the admin mode from steam)

Edit 2: After a few days without playing, when i came back controls were once again gone. Even with admin privileges. And I can no longer look right or left, i can look back though.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Urgent!!!
    Please make an option to create multiple control profiles.
    1x for my classic steering wheel and
    1x for my formula steering wheel.
    Every time I have to reprogram the buttons..

• Like Like x 3