1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

In order to avoid a large number of different threads on the same subject, this thread will focus all the VR related discussions.

Some of them started in other threads already, but try to maintain the discussion here.

Take a look (or use the search bar) at the rest of the thread to check if your question has been asked already.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

VR FoV @justsome1else

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

VR Sharpening filter for Oculus? @Twinz

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Cloud Textures in VR @mist3rf0ur

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

[Suggestion] VR Mirroring @toniware

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DrPenguin

DrPenguin New Member

The Race Director messages seem to appear very close, forcing the eyes to look inwards and refocus. If I'm learning a new circuit or just have too many excursions in general, after about 30 minutes my eyes are fatigued and I have a headache. The timing info's are a little better placed and don't cause as much of an issue.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

8. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Will there be a world scale VR slider like we have in PC2 and R3E? The scale seems really off and the tin top cars and trucks often feel incredibly wide and I feel like a tiny person in the car. It’s not so noticeable in the open wheelers, but the tin tops the scale is way off. I’m using the Oculus Rift S and it would be lovely to have a VR world scale slider option mapped to the keyboard, like we have in the other sims. Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. James Lee GTE

Whilst I’m here, when driving the Mercedes truck in VR there is no human in the cab, just a empty seat and steering wheel in practise mode. Then when I go to a race, again no one in my cab and the AI cabs are empty too. Every now and again a racing helmet can be seen in the AI cab but mainly it’s a ghost race haha. I’ve only tried the Mercedes truck as Brands Hatch GP. Oculus Rift S.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

till there is a slider, u can manually adjust the value in the .xml file
    documents/automobilista 2/ and then the .xml file of your respective VR software
    prolly occulussettings.xml or openvrsettings.xml

i would assume its this setting <prop name="exposureFOV" data="60" />
    could be wrong tho

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. KRoman47

KRoman47 New Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly PC2 had options for the VR menu controls - I really hate the pointer, I just look somewhere and it immediately switches things I don't want to.
    I see there are some Pointer values in oculussettings.xml - I will try to increase some values so it doesn't change things I'm just looking at.

12. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's options to turn that off in the game's Vr settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. McKafre

McKafre New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can i see delta time without having the virtual mirror?

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  14. James Lee GTE

Thank you for the response
    Up until June 2019 I was a console pleb my whole life. Your advice is well above my PC knowledge, confidence and experience levels haha
    I do massively appreciate people helping out and I wanted to say thank you for trying to help a newb like me. I’m gonna wait for Reiza to give me the option to map the P and L keys for world scale, as that’s my true comfort level. I get scared anytime I put a new file into assetto corsa, no way I could mess with an actual folder haha Thank you

15. Rubén Iglesias

Rubén Iglesias New Member

Hola chicos, el juego es tremendo, muy bueno, pero el problema es que en la realidad virtual todo se ve extremadamente borroso en la larga distancia. Tengo una reverb hp sobre un 2080 ti, aplico el supermuestreo 200 y mejora, pero todavía está muy lejos de la nitidez de la formación de hielo por ejemplo. Me encanta el juego, pero necesita mejorar la nitidez en la realidad virtual.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kevko

Kevko New Member

Spent a good amount of time driving the formula v10 around imola in VR. I have an oculus rift s. It is rather blurry in the distance, to the point where the first left hand turn is very hard to see. I immediately tried the same track in project cars 2 and it was much clearer looking into the distance.

If you drive slowly out of the pit lane, it is easy to notice on the right side that anything past a rather small distance shows up as sharp triangles then become smooth once you approach. No modifications of the graphics settings seem to change that.

Is this consistent with other people's experience?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Twinz

Twinz Member

AMS2 "out of the box" was actually clearer than PC2 was in my CV1 Oculus, and almost as clear as my sharpened PC2 settings.
    Now that I have tweaked AMS2 with the sharpening tool, both titles are equally clear to me.

18. Kevko

Kevko New Member

I tried making the suggested edits to sharpening in the xml files but did not notice anything making it as clear as PC2. Only tried Imola so far, so it could be track specific.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Rubén Iglesias

Rubén Iglesias New Member

Es una pena, la mayoría de las personas que conozco lo han atrapado porque parecía que a nivel visual en vr pintaba como el mejor en simuladores, pero se ve que no lo hizo. El desenfoque en distancias medias-largas es enorme incluso con ss con reverb hp en comparación con la competencia. Esperemos que puedan corregirlo y sea perfecto. Y otro detalle que noto en vr es que las texturas son muy buenas pero el asfalto se ve en la distancia media como poco dibujado, sin muchas marcas ... espero que esto mejore porque las sensaciones son muy buenas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

depends on what HMD you use.
    Maybe you could edit your signature