1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m in process of hooking up a G29 to have a closer look - let you know what I find.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

SimuCube1: 2.5% = SimuCube2: 25% in True-Drive / Fanatec DD1/DD2: 25%

• Like Like x 1
  3. NicoulaH

NicoulaH New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks you Dean
    Merci beaucoup

• Like Like x 1
  4. VitorMach

VitorMach New Member

Please let us know your recommended gain/lfb/fx settings as well...

• Like Like x 1
  5. vortex

vortex Member

And yet real world GT3 drivers have said how realistic the weight transfer feels in ACC.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i have just tested this again, and noticed that there is absolutely nothing in the ffb when the front tires are sliding, the wheel is essentially dead for like 25° in each direction when held at around center.
    when going to steerlock and doing the same, the wheel will self align but thats about it.
    when losing traction aka understeer, the wheel does also do nothing, i recorded a lil video but i cant really demonstrate the second thing cuz the ffb does actually do something when flicking the car around.

anyhow heres the video, recorded with my vr camera, so quality might not be perfect xD
    i tried coding a program that would read out the forcefeedback so i can give a visual reference to the force that is being applied, but i dont think i can do that without actually hooking the driver or the game

7. MasterLooser

he compared a game with another, u even highlighted that part. your fanboi'ing goes so far that u cant even read sentences

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Why are you running 44 Gain and 50 LFB though? The opening post suggests 100/80 for Logitech G2X wheels. If you turn gain all the way down you´ll get zero FFB, doesn´t mean there isn´t any :) You´re more than halfway down in a wheel that has a peak of 2.3Nm, no surprise it won´t do much at those speeds with those settings.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Andrew696

Andrew696 New Member

Thanks, much appreciated.
    My gain is close to 100, lfb 80 and fx around 50

10. MasterLooser

i originally wanted to show me holding the wheel with 1 finger in a turn and then slam on the brakes, to show that nothing is changing.
    turning to 100 does not change anything, the issue is literally the same 0 * 0.5 = 0, and so is 0 * 1.0 xD

if u tell me which function sends out the forcefeedback signal i can hook it and do a visual representation of the amount of force being sent to the wheel :3 a video cant really show much

11. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

Thrustmaster TX
    Gain 80
    LFB 30
    FX 40
    Menu Spring 20

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gain 100 is insane for the G27. Or at least mine: I use something in the 50-60 range, otherwise it is waaay too strong. Using the recommended 80 LFB.

13. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree with that. The weight transfer is very well communicated through the steering wheel and i absolutely like it. But i really miss the feedback from the tires. I don't feel that connected to the track surface like in AMS1.

The FFB was the highlight in AMS1, which made the cars so intuitive to drive. I gave a simracing newbie a seat in my simrig and he could drive so confidently, because he felt 100% what the car is doing. At the moment that's not the case in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew696

Andrew696 New Member

I guess there’s something wrong with your drivers.

15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, Renata, for starting this thread in the first place. I have always appreciated how Reiza provides specific recommendations for FFB settings in its sims. I am using my G25 with the profile settings listed in your first post and low gain set to 70%. For my part, these settings give predictable feedback across different car types. The various historic F1 cars in particular are simply addictive to drive. I am really enjoying AMS2 and look forward to its future development, which is thankfully a given in the case of Reiza products.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having the same issue. For example there are a couple of biggish sausage kerbs at Brittens and Hislops at Oulton park. If you whack them in PC2 you get an almighty bump through the wheel, but in AMS2 there is nothing. I don't think it will be a Logitech issue, I think it will be done from Reiza's side. Maybe there are more things to come with FFB, doesn't feel like it's fully complete yet, so I'm sure they will tweak it, just need to be patient and keep reporting feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrGold

MrGold Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Push LFB up... I need to go over 60 to feel tire scrub and understeer and wheel lock. I don't like to run it that high as it makes lateral forces way too strong.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

I have found that what is felt depends also on what cars, I can feel sausage curbs very well in the Dallara but in the Caterham not so much, which make sense in a way.

19. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

I cannot feel any understeer in any car, too.
    It’s only noticeable through visual clues, but not in the wheel.
    T500RS here.
    I hope Reiza can add this information to the ffb soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I was in the Caterham among others, those kerbs are big though and there is no way you wouldn't feel them. If you were paying for your own tyres and suspension you wouldn't go anywhere near them. It would be like driving over a slightly rounded housebrick. Maybe there are still secrets to unlock per car to get that feeling as it should be.