1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does ULTIMA GTR has TC?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Chris Ground, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I am wondering if the Ultima GTR has TC. A couple of days ago I had a lot of fun with a 20 lap race and the Ultima GTR on ....<don't recall the track>... aside of having a lot of fun I could barely spin the car. It was behaving like a GT3 car with TC . A day later I took the same car in AM1 and it was much harder to drive the car, because accelerating out of the corner was much more tricky.
    Would be nice to understand if AM2 is right in car behaviour or AM1 :)
    Also I realized in the "Advanced car setup" section an entry for TC and ABS..
    CHeers

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All models of the Ultima (Sports/GTR/Evolution…) throughout the years have been advertised on the Ultima Sports web site as being sold without ABS, traction control, or power steering. There's also a review of the GTR in EVO Magazine that specifically mentions this.

Nevertheless, if there ever was a car that needed traction control, it's the Ultima GTR road version that's in AMS2 early access v0.8.0.1. On my motion rig I'm almost thrown sideways out of my seat when the rear starts to slip on half throttle! It's a shame that it's so bad to drive - the current race version is really fun as long as you respect that it handles closer to a supercar than a prototype. And in AMS it was fun to drive the road version as long as you had the right conditions and setup. Hopefully Reiza will iron out the extremely nervous handling by the time of the 1.0 release.

EDIT: I'm not sure if your question was about the race or the road version, but from my understanding they should be relatively similar, with the major differences being racing slicks and reduced power on the race version.

3. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

I talked about the race version. I didn't even try the road version.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried the race version but tried the road version a few builds back and found it somewhat refreshing as the only higher powered car I had tried that required some throttle modulation. It was pretty fun around VIR (north/south... I forget which.) I haven't tried it since beta 4 or 5 though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Is TC/ABS even implemented at this point?

6. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

The race version is a beast of a car and an utter blast around the UK Touring Car /Superbike tracks Brands Hatch, Oulton Park , Cadwell Park and Snetterton.

I wait, hopeful, to be able to race it on Nords sometime in AMS 2 future.

7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is for the Ultima GTR Race AI, they can outbrake the player easily :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HansieCronje

HansieCronje New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't recall if the race version has TC but a couple of things I do know:
    • The tyres are different compared to AMS1 and are closer to GT3 spec
    • TC and ABS in advanced setup is currently displayed for all cars but only applies to those that actually have the features (when menu is set to authentic)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Addendum to my previous post:

Since update v0.8.2.0, the changes to the suspension physics has made the Ultima GTR road car fun to drive again. It's still seems that it has more high-speed instability in the game compared to onboard videos from the real car, but at least now it's easier to react in time when the torque peak kicks in and the rear is about to do that crazy shake thing.
    Thank you, Reiza :)

10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ideally the UI should show what electronics each vehicle has (like it currently does) + if the vehicle has power steering or auto blip..

• Like Like x 1