1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another triples issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BistoKid, Apr 7, 2020.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Hi all, whilst I am really enjoying AMS2 I am still struggling with triples alignment. I have 3 x 27” Benq 60hz displays but the centre is a GL2750 and outside ones are GL2760. Now AC and RF2 are looking great in triples but AMS2 is just not aligning, am I missing something in setup?

Centre image looks like vertical length is greater to that of left and right. You can clearly see that on the right display the dashboard is higher and the mirror lower to that of the centre.

If it is simply due to the displays being different, why would the other two sims align; perhaps due to being able to fine tune in each respective app.

Appreciate any feedback...thanks.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

In the triples settings you should find an option called "Vertical offset" or something of the sort. You can use that to set the picture on the side monitors higher or lower to match the center monitor.

3. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Hey Gevatter

I have seen this setting but it raises or lowers the image in relation to centre.

My dilemma is that the actual image of the centre screen seems taller to that of the side monitors.

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

then post your specs and your settings XML. Maybe someone can read whats wrong

5. Gevatter

Hmm I'm not sure. If you look at the door and the a pillar, the left monitor looks to be set too high, that might line up if you use the vertical offset. But you're right that the right monitor doesn't fit at all. No idea how it looks in real life, but rom the photo it looks like picture is at a wrong angle, bent backwards. You can set the angle fro each side monitor seperately, maybe you need to experiment. Also, make sure your 'physical height' and 'physical width' settings match your screens.

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah my guess is that your right panel (image height)settings are off..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I had the same issue and had to set up bezel correction in the NVidia surround settings as well as in game.
    As a note though, I didn't have to select the bezel corrected resolution.

8. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Thanks for all of your replies sorry if images don’t relay particularly well what I mean. Gordie, seems like you understand the where I am at. I was told not to use nvidia to span across three monitors which did solve initial problems but this is actually the screen size looking too narrow against the centre screen. Are you spanning using nvidia please?

9. Gevatter

I do, yes. The only way it worked for me in the end. Like @Gordie I use nvidia Surround with bezel correction and the uncorrected resolution in game, 5760x1080 in my case. If I use the corrected resolution 5870x1080, the whole picture is moved to the right. Then I typed my specs into the settings and played around with them a bit to make everyting fit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Oh I see, I really had issue with surround displaying on a single screen but when I turned it off triples worked albeit out of alignment. Maybe I need to try but loathed as I want to race.

Edit: I meant to say that both left and right screens are identical in terms of height of image and the angles when sitting in position are correct, just the images to centre screen off.

i will try your suggestions for nvidia surround.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

@Bisto yes, I was scratching my head for a while over this issue and about to raise a bug report on it.

While it's certainly better now I'd say there's still an alignment issue somewhere in the game but is barely noticeable.

Hope you get it sorted mate :)

12. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

@Gevatter I'm gonna leave my resolution as it is, 7680 x 1440 is enough pixels to push but thanks for the info, interesting to know for future.

13. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Gevatter - so I set up nvidia surround as you said but as before I only get a single screen display. I went to triples in options but I cannot edit the pixels, greyed out. I even tried editing the xml but did not work unless it’s wrong.

Could you tell me what you did initially if you recall that is? Did you get just the single screen at first before doing triples in options?
    Thanks.

@Gordie - same question to you, if you can recall?
    Thanks.

14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

@Bisto did you set your resolution in the options>performance section in game?

15. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Gordie Damn no I did not, guess I should have. Thank you for the prompt reply will try that tomorrow.
    Cheers fella!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wilson Oliveira

Wilson Oliveira New Member AMS2 Club Member

I also had this problem and what fixed it for me was adjusting the width and height of all monitors. Previously I was also measuring with the bezels but once I put the values without them everything aligned. Seems weird since the values are the same for all monitors but it worked. I don't use surround.

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Wilson Oliveira - Thank you, if I struggle with the suggestion thus far I will consider your valued response.

18. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Gordie & @Gevatter

Thanks guys you just made me very happy for tonight’s session! Gordie that last piece of the puzzle was key; I never expected to see that setting there!

Some fine tuning and I’m good to go, thanks guys, great community here and looking forward to racing with some of you; unless your aliens of course

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

@Bisto glad you got it sorted mate, enjoy :)

20. Alwin Reid

Alwin Reid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Please same thing I'm not understanding

I have 27" asus vg278q

I have nvidea surround setup, 5780x1080p

How do I get triples to work in ams2?

What I have been able to do so far really stretches the side monitors