1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst cars (in terms of handling: not physics) in AMS2. Devs should look at them

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

While the game has potential (it is too early to judge) here are the worse cars imo:

1) Stock car Brazil/Super V8: Both cars sway too much (v8's more) like if there is a balloon between the wheel and the suspension. They are too twitchy too

2) Ultimate gtr (street car): No comments on this one. By far the worse

3) Karts: You cannot tweak steering ratio (in car setup menu). Thus - as it is now - they can't be driven if your DOR is >500 degrees

4) Arc camaro: Car is too twitchy. Even on 14 degrees steering lock (in car setup menu)

This is my opinion. Apart for those ones - all the other cars seems ok (at this early stage)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Is this based on the latest beta (0.8.2.0)? Because I find all of these cars now handle much better but, you may need to delete the controller profile and start fresh if you are still having this result. This also applies to previous custom car-setup's.

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

how do I get the latest beta..?

4. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

I assume they have the backer version of the release which is in-advance to those who purchased EA only...Which if this is the case not sure why he/she is asking since the profiles here show who's a backer and who is not...

5. Coanda

yeah I assumed it was for backers too.. I'm new to Reiza so I just wanted to make sure.. Good to hear the cars feel much better in the new version.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I reckon the stock car and super V8 handle great. The V8 feels powerful but heavy and not very nimble, just as I would expect it to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The v0.8.2.0 update should be released to the early acces version tonight if nothing has changed. There are some big physics changes in there, as well as some error correction. I'd suggest you try the update when it's here and then repost the cars that are still in need of revision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

Thanks Gevatter for this information, do you know if there any improvement in the online collision system ?

9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I saw nothing specifically about that in the patch notes, but I may have missed it or it may be a bonus effect of one of the physics changes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

This is based to the version i have as we speak. 0.8.0.1.0.1120 AVX.

Keeping my fingers crossed for those changes though (i 've heard that a new update is going in public release in a few hours)

11. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

The old Formula Classics, feels strange, with a tons of grip in the read end inclusive in a heavy acceleration in low gears

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I like the physics update, it solved most of the quirky behavior I've experienced with handling. The FFB seems a bit better, too. It's really starting to feel like AMS1, better in some ways. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

If theres another patch coming today, that makes two updates within a couple of weeks.
    Glad I admitted I was wrong in my assumption a few months ago on the shape of AMS2 and its future.

Because the way it stands now, I see nothing but great things for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Downloaded latest (0.8.0.2). Still same handling with the above cars :(. Deleted my old profile and created new. It seems that you need different steering profiles for the different classes (e.g profile1=karts, profile2=stock cars etc) something that does not exist atm.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No, you just need to find the sweet spot for your controller (Gain vs. LFB mostly). Once you do, there is very little variation among the cars and what is there will get tweaked-out by Reiza shortly and then finally we will have a per-series FFB setting. But in the meantime, any extreme differences in cars, or extreme feelings (like "the pendulum effect") in an individual car basically means your FFB and/or wheel is not set-up optimally. What is your Gain/LFB/FX set to now?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Hi @Marc Collins

My ffb settings (g27)

type=default
    gain=68
    low force boost=68
    fx=100
    menu spring strength=40

I do get this pendulum effect in both Stock car Brazil/Super V8 cars

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  17. Coanda

Excellent update all round for the FFB and the Super V8 feels a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I ve managed to mimimize the "pendulum effect" by lowering the lfb to 0. Car now feels better but not 100% good. One of my problems is that you can't edit the steering ratio (in car setup menu - it is greyed out like in karts). Thus the car feels very twitchy (at least with my settings)

ps Both in karts and v8s you cant tweak the steering ratio (it s greyed out in car setup). Hope the devs will fix it soon

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  19. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

Have you calibrated the wheel? Doe the in-game steering match your own wheels turn radius?

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I did calibrated my wheel again after the update.

I have to say that i do not use 900 DOR in game but rather 570 that's why i have lowered the steering sensitivity from 50 (default value - which is - i suppose - suitable for 900 degrees of rotation) to 42 (which is ok for the most cars).

But with those cars i mentioned above (arc, v'8s and stock car brazil) i do have a strange feeling. Those cars are more twitchy than all the other cars (with same wheel settings).

e.g

Arc camaro / Stock brazil -> There is a 14 degrees of steering lock in garage. Even with that setting it is rather twitchy. Stock car brazil car seems very bumpy too

Super v'8 -> Bumpy as well. No steering lock option in garage (i do not know what is the default value - i guess 26?) so this is too twitchy too.

I lowered my sensitivity to 38 (only to test those cars) and they felt better. So rather a lower value of DOR in garage or a per-car wheel setting would be suitable.