1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

For difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game (be it hardware or software related) use this thread to search for a solution, for guidance, or to post your issue, so we can help you solve it.

We'll keep this opening post updated with the most frequent issues and their solution. Feel free to suggest solutions or link a reply that can help someone else's issue. Please avoid going into preference or taste matters. This thread is for technical issues.

For bug reporting, use this thread instead.

PS: You can also include your hardware (CPU, GPU, OS, Wheel, Pedals, etc) in your signature on the top right corner of the forum:
    upload_2020-4-4_18-40-56.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

2 times I have the problem, I'm in the pitbox an I take off my VR Headset, after the end of the session (30 min) I came back but I can't click anymore in the menu. I hear the sound that I clicked but nothing happend. I use Oculus Rift S. The game was not crashed. I must closed the game with the Task-Manager.

3. bgil66

bgil66 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Update: It finished update, probably the internet was busy....

Anyone having issues with Steam taking forever to finish the update?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

My install crashes when using my Rift S. When I select Oculus VR mode, I get the message
    " Automobilista 2 does not support your headset ", or similar. When I select Oculus VR mode anyway, it starts, but then crashes almost immediately. When I change to Steam VR it runs, but after a few laps it crashes too.
    I already tried installing from scratch, and a file integrity check doesn't find any missing files.
    Ideas? Anybody?

5. Towers

Towers New Member AMS2 Club Member

My DRS Integrale wheel has about 80 to 90 degrees of deadzone in the middle.
    I am able to assign the steer axis X- and X+.
    For the calibration I choose "Custom" wheel setting since this wheel is not in the default list (obviously).
    The strange artifact is, in a fresh calibration, if I leave "controller dampening" to default value (100) without touching it, the wheel in game does not torn at all, else if I choose whatever other value for that setting, the deadzone comes into play, and once moved from the default I can also return to 100 but the deadzone remain.
    I think the issue could be there and I think could easily be there for a lot of not "famous" wheels.
    Also, no matter what value I set on the wheel control panel, the issue never change.
    Thank you.

6. Roldan

Roldan New Member

hi where are the logs??

well the game freeze after 3 or 4 laps, sometimes the keyboard respond so iam able to close the game, but after update freeze the game after 6 to 8 laps then all the pc became slow and the gpu and cpu fans spins like crazy, hard reset in order my pc respond

already check integrity of the game, install lastest drivers. check steam forums

what can i do, please help me

7. Paulo F

Paulo F New Member

Boa noite;
    Hj o steam puxou uma atualização bem grande (pelo tempo). Por exemplo, ao abrir o jogo ou o módulo de campeonato e contra-relógio estão inativos.
    Eu fiz alguma m .. ou é efeito da atualização.

8. Jose Lopez

Jose Lopez New Member

Hi
    I have a problem setting the controls, assign the same control to the steering wheel turn to the right and to the accelerator, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jose Lopez

Jose Lopez New Member

i have a wheel thrustmaster ts-pc and pedals fanatec v3

10. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz New Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m having an issue as the pedals are not detected.

For reference I have Fanatec DD2 whee base and Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. The wheel is working properly, but pedals are not detected at all. Nothing is detected in calibration.

Could someone help?

thank you

11. Roldan

Roldan New Member

so where are the devs, who suposed to help the game still freeze my pc or crash to desktop

12. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Hang in there, guys. Soon I'll be over all the requests.

• Like Like x 1
  13. happyloaf

happyloaf New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the double post but I posted this on the Beta thread as well because I think this is an important issue:

PCars 2 had an issue where it would change the registry values for the logitech G29/920's of the world. For most games this is not an issue; however, the Codemasters F1 and Dirt games lose most of their force feedback. The wheel is "loose" with minimal tire feel. Only the bumps come through. Below is a quoted thread about the issue from 2018:

"I bought F1 2018 and noticed that my force feedback on the G29 was messed up. I had no centering force or wheel feel. The only effects that worked where bumps and rumbles. It also renders the wheel useless in WRC 7 and inverts the Gas and Clutch pedals in ISI games. After reading other forums, the issue seems to be that PCars 2 changes a few registry files for the G29. Below is the quoted post from steam that shows what registry values were changed and what they need to be changed to in order to fix the feedback:

"I had this issue for the first time like 2 months ago, and drove me nuts, I knew it was a software problem, but couldn't find a proper fix. Uninstalling LGS and cleaning registry only works until you start Project Cars again.

Project Cars 2 delete and modifies system keys from registry.

Only yesterday I installed RegShot to monitor registry changes and it's clear that Project Cars deletes and modifies entries in HKU\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F, especially the OEM Name and OEM data entries. Restoring these fields fixes the problems with clutch becoming the accelerator and vice-versa and the loss of feedback.
    This has to be done every time you played Project Cars. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall LGS or unplug the wheel

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

Test this values, it works for me:

OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 instead of 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00"

Is there a way for Madness Engine to NOT change these values or to reset them when the game is exited?

14. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I read in another thread that after an update in early access phase, deleting the Automobilista 2 folder in Documents, will or can improve the sim (better graphics and ffb i saw in some posts...) can someone confirm this theory? By the way: I like AMS2 more than ACC in early acces and I hope it will become better than ACC. I'm sure!!!! thx

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mauro Fx

Mauro Fx New Member

My DRS Integrale doesn’t work in game, only in menu. Does your wheel work in game? With wich options? I find the big dead zone in game only if I select gamepad as controller.

16. Reibato80

Reibato80 New Member

Hola. Mis pedales DC Simracing no son detectados por el juego. Gracias.

17. Reibato80

Reibato80 New Member

Problema resuelto con los pedales DC. Sorry.

18. spacebuggy

spacebuggy New Member

Hi
    I am new to sim racing, downloaded automobilista 2 and have been having difficulty setting throttle, break, steering in EDIT ASSIGNMENTS.

Also experincing difficulty resetting calibrate wheel and pedals in CONTROL SCHEME.

Have a clubsport steering wheel formula V2 and clubsport pedals v3. Podium wheel base DD1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

19. TimmyC

TimmyC New Member

Hi, I have no automobilista 2 folder in documents. I have project cars 1 and 2 installed and they both have folders in documents which I use to alter customsettings.txt file. I wanted to delete the automobilista 2 folder so as to update properly as recommended. Yipes , it doesn't exist. heeelllp. ok, got it now, changed to allow folder in windows defender.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  20. Sasha Black

Sasha Black New Member AMS2 Club Member

triple monitor settings should have include "shift horizon" because I need to decrease my eyes height moving my body down a bit in the seat to match lines between central and side monitors.
    note: in all other sims my eyes level match monitor vertical center.

Heitor Reply: Doesn't "Seat Angle Up" and "Seat Angle Down" on Edit Assignments help you?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2020