1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jack Ulstad, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

Hey guys, Considering this is an early release I'm pretty impressed. I think it will be great once you have all the bugs out. Speaking of bugs, the main thing I'm struggling with that's hampering my enjoyment quite a bit is I can't get the sound to behave properly... I'm using a Samsung Odessy+ and the engine sound is muffled quite a bit, but I hear the road noise and other sounds a lot. With all other sims, I will always use both my headset audio and external speakers (along with a Clark Synthesis transducer), and this always work quite well for me. But no matter what I do in your audio settings in the sim, it just will not sound right. I do have the audio mirrored in Steam VR. Is there any thing I should look for? I'm hoping I don't have to change sound card settings just for this one sim.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue in headphones, you need to go to the bug list and report it there.

3. TimmyC

TimmyC New Member

In cockpit or helmet view the sound is severely muted and destroyed. jump to an outside view and sounds are great. I guess they want to give the impression of muted sound when you are wearing a helmet which is way overdone and ruinous to both enjoyment and realism of driving in cockpit view.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Nope, sound is great for me whatever view I'm using, so it's not intentional in your case. Be sure your windows settings match your output settings. i can reproduce such issue if I set Windows output to 5.1 surround sound and just play with headphone. In that case I lose the central speakers and both rears one, and engine is muted or very low.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sound is good but I do finf the levels a lot lower than in every other game racing or non racing.

I have it at 70% in all other Sims in my headphones and that is bloody loud, in AMS2 I have it at 90 and it is still quite soft from all cameras.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The Helmet-mute effect should be made an option, imo. Some may want the helmet-view with full-range audio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

You mean Reiza got the bright idea of creating some kind of helmet mute effect? No, no, no Reiza, please, let us take care of that ourselves. I've been a audio tweaker for quite some time, always being very picky about how my race sims sound... But usually, I just like to make it REALLY LOUD! But with this effect they're evidently trying to do, for me, its a swing and a big miss. So does anyone know if there's a way of dialing this effect down? Or, eliminate it completely?