1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple screen missalignment

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Christian R., Apr 3, 2020.

1. Christian R.

Christian R. New Member

Hello guys, Do you know how can I set up triples? I have tried a lot of settings and even changed the triple screen file @my documents but it doesnt work as intended, theres a lot of missalignment if I use the correct settings so I had to use some weird height size for side monitors and some height alignment as well... This doesnt seem correct but now it seems everything aligned on three monitors. The thing is It doesnt seem like the correct solution. Anyone who can help me would be much appreciated.

2. zeroselect

zeroselect New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem. Still waiting for this all to be sorted out.

3. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Need help please. Yesterday everything was ok but fired it up today and it's like this. Only thing I did change were the values on nVidia triple screen configuration before even launching the game . Put it back to the values before but couldn't fix anymore. When I get out of the pits, the environment aligns but the side mirrors don't. I tried to change random values for side angles in-game but it's still like this. pic01.JPG

4. Zin

Zin New Member

Problems for me with triple monitors that may help you. When triple spanning is selected the other two monitors then have numbers adjustable------the vertical offset for me on my right monitor had to be a negative number -0.50 and right +0.50---I set monitor angle to my setting of 45 for the 2 outside monitors----I could no longer use my bezel corrected resolution from windows as it would shift my center monitor to the left----the FOV in Camera settings for my cockpit had to be divided by 3 (134/3) to give a proper FOV ----Then adjust seat to your liking ------sometimes a restart of game is required for some setting to take effect----If you do not use triple spanning using the bezel corrected resolution works except your hud items will be on the outside two monitors--this is my experience

5. mkel1966

These are my values for 27" triples assuming every number in-game are in centimeters -- Height=33.65, Width=59.69, Bezel=1.91, AngleForward=52 and DistancetoEye=61. I got these from(in inches, fov/3) fov.JPG and came up with this
    car01.JPG and driving forward car02a.jpg I did adjust the Angle Forward, Offset values and seating position/angle but I don't know now if I have the correct fov. Thanks for trying to help. After hours of trying, I got more confused I gave up. Will try another day. Is there anywhere in-game or notes that we could see our "FOV input value"?

6. Zin

Zin New Member

Yes it does get frustrating. In Game in the Triples settings are you entering 52 as your angle on the 2 outside monitors? That angle just seems off at 52, just for giggles maybe try smaller number and a smaller FOV value-------I can only find FOV in the camera settings--------[ ] adjust i think----Not sure of this program but others you could backup your triple settingxml file?? not sure of exact name ( I am not at computer) in your documents AMS2 and delete that file to start fresh Backup and save first that file

7. whitestar

whitestar New Member

I also struggle to get the correct view. It seems you can't use any fov calculator, because they show about 139 degrees (assuming it's horizontal fov as in PCars2) for me, which is way too wide. But something like 139/3 sounds more correct. Would be great if when using triples the fov would just calculate itself automatically.
    Also, the bezel correction from Windows seems to just be ignored, which is probably a bug.
    Also, we are supposed to use surround mode (for nvidia), correct? And not 3 separate screens?

8. Zin

Zin New Member

For me if uncheck in game triple spanning setting and also use my bezel corrected resolution 5970X1080 how I run in some sims (changed in performance setting in game) in windows the FOV is fine set at 134 in Camera cockpit but all the hud info is on the outside two monitors-------------If I check in game triple spanning and not use the bezel corrected resolution 5760X1080,how I run windows always (changed in performance setting in game) then I change FOV in camera cockpit to 44 then the FOV is good and the HUD info is now on the center screen---I still had to play with settings for offsets and bezel sizes, adjust seat position---I am feeling something is somewhat bugged but I got it working for me----Do not know what difference it makes but the game will show 90cm away from screen--that can be edited it your triplescreensettings.xml in documents AMS2 backup first---frustrating it can be

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

use this one,
    Modern FOV Calculator

And divide the outcome with 3.
    This will be your correct hFov for AMS2

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mkel1966

From this calculator, i have 159/3=53. Forgive my ignorance but where do I see this fov in-game or notes in AMS 2 to make sure that it is this value?

11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

In-game > Options > Cameras > Set all the camera views to 53.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bull Shark

Well that sound correct. I have set the FOV to 53 as well. :D

13. Breeker

Breeker New Member

Same here. Outlining of the side monitors is definitely not correct yet. Besides the current implementation is a bit strange to me. You basically need to set it twice, via the camera options (the angle of view) and in the main menu. Makes it unplayable for me. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Please have a read through this thread if you haven't already

• Like Like x 1
  15. mkel1966

Thanks a lot guys. Everything is working perfect for me. I had to use my bezel corrected one so that the hud shows in my middle screen.:)

16. whitestar

whitestar New Member

Ah, so that's the logic. Thanks, will do! :)
    Btw, I actually prefer this calculator, since it allows adjustment in 1-steps. Also, there's a nice fuel calculator next to it.

17. Bull Shark

Yeah there are several good calculators you can use. I use that one from SimSource myself as well.

18. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

First, your FOV seems WAY too large. It seems the FOV is per screen and not over al 3, so set it to 1/3 of what your FOV-calculator tells you to. I used the hotkeys and just adjusted untill it looked right.
    Secondly, are your side monitore realy at 52 degrees angle? It looks like they are almost in line with your primary screen on that photo. If so, you should set it to represent that. Mine are at 5 degrees and seem to align correctly.

19. mkel1966

Been sorted. Thanks though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Breeker

Breeker New Member

Hope this gets fixed soon! Just worked in AMS, outlining still not correct in AMS2.