1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody asked but here is my feedback & suggestions so far...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Thiago Oliveira, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Thiago Oliveira

Thiago Oliveira New Member AMS2 Club Member

First I would like to say that the game is awesome and has lots of potential! It's really nice to see a brazilian company showing how it's done (being brazilian myself).
    So, my only gripe so far is with the brakes. I've tried all sensitivity settings, pressure and all else but it is still locking every time I try to take a corner. I've tried understanding why this is the case and I've concluded that it is because of the lack of feedback from the game on how hard I'm breaking, as the sound effect that kicks when breaking sounds a lot like locking, I don't get enough information if it is locking or not.
    When I try to break at the same point the AI does I can never take the corner, if I try to break sooner then the AI behind me just rams into my car and I spin in either case!
    So my suggestion to solve this issue would be to implemment a camera like the one found in ACC where acceleration is converted into the pitch of the helmet camera. Heavy deceleration will make the head look down a bit and forward acceleration will make the head look up. I've made this small video showing it in action.

The current camera options that we have do not allow for a camera like this to be configured.

Other than that would be to include a radar just like the one in Acc, HeliCorsa and other games... oh and before people argue that a radar is not a realistic thing, so aren't green and red arrows pointing to cars. :D

But above else good job! The game is fantastic!

2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Have you tried playing around with the G-Force effects setting? It won't pitch like in ACC but you may find a compromise with longitudinal axis movement for the time being.

3. Thiago Oliveira

Yes I have played and for me it just makes me nauseous! The shaking sometimes is too violent and at least for me won't help solving my initial breaking problem.

4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Ah ok, was just a thought.
    Remember the AI is still under development and it's also worth noting that they don't run on the same level of physics as a player's car, so they're not affected by the same limitations of physics that you are, hence why they will out-brake you at times.

So don't use those guys as a brake marker, they don't suffer from locked brakes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nevertheless AI is running on simplified physics, these have to be adapted for each strength, agression and car to fit to the player's car ones.
    Therefore reports are userful with level of AI and agression. Beeing overly didactic is not my intention here.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I knew it. I had a 30 min session in the rain. They never break out or lock or slide. I tried to brake where they brake, but it was like: 'Adios rear!'

7. Thiago Oliveira

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about the AI, I just think breaking needs more feedback from what we get now.

8. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

As much as the AI get ridiculous grip and braking power setting them at 90% skill 15% aggression, i find them a useful training tool to watch and observe some of their amazing cornering and it encouraged me to try harder and brake later (ofc not as god like as the AI) and i got faster in many cases as i was braking too much as i assumed i wouldn't make the corner braking so little so late.

Sometimes the super AI are a handy follow the leader trainer

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Lots of people with the braking issue...what is your hardware (put it in the signature if you can)? You can read several threads about it. Jury still out about how much of it might relate to a controller calibration issue versus individual car set-ups (that we can control) or physics (that Reiza controls).

10. Thiago Oliveira

I'm running a G27 with the SWE 27 Wheel. I saw that the jury is still up in the air if it's a game or setup problem. That's why I suggested an option to increase breaking feedback using pitch of the helmet. No need to change the physics and stuff, just an additional camera option.