1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get a different FFB and Brakes by Deleting Profile?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cheekymunkey78, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Pedro Ferreira

Pedro Ferreira New Member

Deleting profile folder will only delete the config files ( Vr e 3D config files, career and custom FFB profile(not used, only if you modified the file itself) and keys and wheel config files(not FFB))

I use the custom FFB file with the following added commands:

#Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off

(output (tighten output 0.00 0.00))

(output (relative output 1.3 0.1 0.95)) # this value is for a TR300GT#

(histogram output)

(output (hard_clip (* output gain) 1.0))

Maybe don´t do anything in AMS2(I think it feels better,maybe placebo) but in Pcars2 was the FFB secret in conjunction with other commands that don´t work in AMS2.

I still don´t feel the cars loosing traction...sometimes with some cars, it seems so..

2. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Info from the Devs, IMPORTANT: In order to ensure you completely reset your build to the latest changes, it´s strongly recommended to delete your MyDocs/Automobilista 2 settings folder and start anew - make sure to callibrate your controller, and that your pedals are callibrated to the complete 1-100 range (some users have reported needing to callibrate pedals twice for it to register - we´re still investigating it).

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

In doing this, I'm guessing you'll lose your FFB settings, button layout etc? Learned long ago, its really convenient to take screenshots of your current settings that way you just look and input your original numbers / keys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

After patch I lost understeer feeling and my brakes kept locking up again (even though calibration was saying 100%).

Read this post, re-calibrated my Wheel and Pedals and adjusted the FFB Gain, Low and FX by 1 point and all the feeling is back and no locking of brakes.

From now on this is what I will be doing:
    Update game,
    Delete Profile folder,
    Run game and set-up inc. Calibration
    Do 1 lap
    Quit Game,
    Re-load game.
    Set-up inc. calibration and adjust FFB by 1 point (so it updates with a new value)
    Race :).

• Like Like x 1
  5. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright, I dunno how much placebo effect this is, but here it goes.
    I deleted the files and re-calibrated it all, then I quit the game, then went back in and set it all as I had before.
    If I am not mistaken I'm getting a hint of understeer feeling from most cars now, running fx at 85 thou. V8 and stockcar still feel amazing to drive, but understeer still almost muted (much more sound than a feeling).

Like Renato recommended, and a lot of you posted here, take a few pictures to make sure you have all prepared, and reset/delete your files and find out for yourselves. If doesn't work! you will end up with exactly the same ffb you had before anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did the whole recalibrate thing again and placebo or not this game is getting better and better. Have not fired up AC since I bought AMS2 and do not intend to. :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same opinion but just did (or tried) a single race with stock car v8 at imola with ai at 70 and agression at 50. It was impossible to do a single lap. The ai is constantly hitting me from all the sides...

8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to say the AI has gotten much better on Kyalami with the G3 F1 cars, less ramming and darting around. I am sure it will all get worked out though from what I have seen in just a very short time from Reiza, I am a believer now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

DELETED

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  10. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm this also made a difference for me to. Good Call.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

FWIW, during the "development/early access" phase, you should delete your profile and any saved setups each release. For the devs, they can't tell if you are reporting something that is an issue with the current build or something that just doesn't work the same from a previous configuration and a new code change (something that won't happen to users after the v1.0 release) so it's important to have a clean profile each build.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1