Would my PC be able to run this game smoothly?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by footballisrigged, Apr 1, 2020.

1. footballisrigged

footballisrigged New Member

Hi guys. I'm wondering if I should purchase this sim when it releases on Steam, as I'm unsure if my PC will be able to run it smoothly in wetter conditions. It ran AMS1 and it runs others sims smoothly, however, I tried ACC (which is another title that has similar visuals to this game) and my computer wasn't able to push higher than 10 FPS in rainy conditions. Wondering if anyone that has similar specs of graphics card/cpu is able to have a smooth experience.

GPU: GTX 1050 TI (4gb version)
    CPU: i5 6400
    RAM: 8gb
    Otherwise, AMS2 looks great, and I can't wait for your game to succeed, Reiza :)

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

ACC is far more GPU / CPU intensive than AMS 2. I would think you’d be ok with your set up

3. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Runs fine with my 1050ti, 8GB ram, 3570k processor. :)

4. racer7

racer7 New Member

The game also runs fine with my i5 6400, 16 gb, GeForce 960 2gb

5. KCW

KCW Member

Yes thatll run perfectly fine, i have tested it on an X58 platform XEON CPU with 24 gigs of DDR3 and a GTX760 4 gig video card, it ran fine with that.

I dont know how a 760 compares to a 1050 but surely must be a fair bit better.

No idea how powerful a 6400 i5 is, but the old XEON packs a pretty solid punch with it's 6 cores...

As incredibly good as it looks on a monitor, ACC runs like a piggerish mess anyway, especially in VR. Itll run without issue on my main rig, but so it should too. VR in AMS 2 looks a ****e sight better than VR in ACC even after i have sharpened it up a heap in the files.

Essentially, if you can run Project Cars 2, you wont have any issues running this one.

6. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As others confirm it should run fine. I also have the same processor and memory as you. I'm guessing your 1050ti is not too different to my 960, especially as my 960 has only 2GB.

My only worry is while I struggle to run ACC with AI I do get more than 10 fps in rainy conditions (though most details are turned down and it looks a blurry mess)..

7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if the PC2 demo is still available, but that would give you a good idea of how AMS2 would run.

8. KCW

KCW Member

I dont believe so, i havent seen it on Steam for a long time.

9. KCW

KCW Member

i dont tend to notice any significant difference in the rain on my main rig in VR, it is bloody hard to see where youre going at 200kph when youre in a pack though!!

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

AMS is on Steam guys, which means you don't need to take other people's word for whether your system is good enough to run it not. Once you buy it you have two hours to mess about and try various graphics combinations. If you're not satisfied after that you can refund it. Either way, job done. :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

See my specs in my signature. AMS 2 runs well (60 FPS) at Medium-High settings and much better than ACC.

12. F2020

F2020 Member

I'm running it at ultra settings at 4K with low MSAA, seems to hit 60fps virtually all the time, unless its raining.

This is on a gtx1080 and a 4ghz i7, 16gb ram.

13. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's on the PC2 store page on the right hand side and down a bit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. KCW

KCW Member

Thanks mate ;) I own 3 physical copies of it anyway (5 DVDs each in a case, bought the old fashioned way from a shop!), but that will help anyone else that didnt know it was still there!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im running an i5 2400 3.10ghz, 4 gigs of ram, GTX750Ti all on SSD's & Windows 10. Can't believe how well this runs, you'll have no problems! There is a performance hit when it gets dark that can be seen in a FPS counter, but its still decent FPS even then

16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Agreed that AMS2 is much less resource intensive than ACC. AMS2 runs great on my i5-2500K with 1070 Ti FTW.