1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn't detect my Thrustmaster TH8A shifter

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Benz, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Benz

Benz New Member

Hello, I have T300 + T3PA pedals + TH8A shifter. Today I was setting up the controls but it doesn't detect any inputs of my TH8A shifter, I don't even know if the game detects my TH8A shifter.
    I have the shifter connected to the USB port.

In the "assignment" menu there is only : JOY (for T300 keys (without any number after "JOY")), in AMS1
    I have JOY1 and JOY2

The game doesn't recognize any inputs of my TH8A.
    When I try to assign a key (GEAR 1 for exemple), I have the following message: mutiple inputs detected, and nothing happens.

It works in AMS1 and RFACTOR 2.

If you have an idea of the problem, I will be very happy.
    thank you in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alejandro Lopez

Alejandro Lopez New Member

3. Benz

Benz New Member

It is true that the game is in early access but what is curious is that for some it works. I also tried to plug into my steering wheel T300 but it doesn't work either.

4. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

Strange, my th8a inputs are detected in the key assignment tab. Maybe try another USB port?

5. Benz

Benz New Member

I tried but it doesn't work

6. Stefano Villani

Stefano Villani New Member AMS2 Club Member

i have and working fine. Try to download the latest drivers

7. Benz

Benz New Member

Thanks for the reply, but I have already checked and installed the latest drivers, but unfortunately that does not change anything. I really don't understand that it can be the reason.

8. Pierre Dietze

Pierre Dietze Bad to the bone AMS2 Club Member

Same combination here, and working. Try to make sure your H8 is connected without an usb hub. Plug that thing directly to a single usb port.
    Next problem might be a H8 not on first position on you game controllers settings. Check this please. If the H8 is not in first place, you have to uninstall all gaming hardware, and re-install it in the correct order. First the H8, after that the T300. Since i have the H8 on position one and on a single usb port i did'nt had any problems with it.

9. Benz

Benz New Member

Thank you for the reply, I have h8 on first place in controller settings and plug directly on a single usb port.
    But i will still try to redo the installation to see

10. Benz

Benz New Member

I re-installed in the order you told me (it was already installed like that) but it's still the same it doesn't work.
    Anyway thanks for the help

11. Vins Cenzo

Vins Cenzo New Member

Hi Benz,
    I have an issue for everybody who have this problem (reiza, shame on you to NOT answer to simracers who bought your game):
    For assignate th8a gearbox you have to: 1) put the gear - 2) click on for assignate - 3) back to the center of gearbox - 4) put the gear once again !
    gear 1 = 0 - gear 2 = 1 - etc etc ...
    Thanks to you to tell me if it works...it's ok for me!
    good race

12. Benz

Benz New Member

Hi Vins
    Thank you for your reply
    Unfortunatly it doesn't work
    I'm very surprised it works on the other games like, automobilista 1, rfactor2, assetto corsa.
    Thank you for your help

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

It don't help you but work fine for me T500RS and TH8A no problem. And I don't have to do any trick for gears assignment: just click on gear number, set the gear and return to neutral, done, next. If you have other unused USB devices I guess you tried to remove them (possible conflict?).

14. Benz

Benz New Member

Thank you for your interest in my request
    But I don't understand what you mean by "If you have other unused USB devices I guess you tried to remove them" I don't know how we do that, can you explain it to me?

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I mean if you have E.g. an Hotas plugged, an USB HUB for a hard drive, etc. free as much as you can your USB port. It could come from a power problem. I had that when my power supply on my PC was slowly dying, so I needed to only use USB port really needed.

16. Benz

Benz New Member

Ok
    No i don't have that

17. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried using the "custom" preset instead of a Thrustmaster one? This way it would be looking for multiple USB inputs (instead of everything plugged into the wheel base). I'm having no issue with my configuration (includes a TH8A) using this option.

18. Benz

Benz New Member

Yes I have already tried "custom" but when I do that it doesn't even detect my T300 steering wheel.

19. José Santos

José Santos New Member

I had this problem and after shutting the game and opening it again I managed to overcome this problem. Well, after this update I deleted the Automobilista 2 folder from Documents so I had to configure my controllers again (T300Rs + TH8). It happened again, my TH8 wasn't being recognized. Again, I just exited the game and started it again and I managed to map the TH8 with no problem. So that's my suggestion, exit and open the game and try again.

20. Benz

Benz New Member

Thank you I will persist it will work fine. I hope