1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam launch option commands

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by KCW, Apr 10, 2020.

1. KCW

KCW Member

Hi All,

Can the same launch options be used in this as in PC2?

such as -pthreads 4 and -skipcrowds etc?

Does anyone have a list?

2. KCW

KCW Member

ok, i can confirm -skipcrowds does not work. Still got them.

Hope they sort that out!!

3. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I believe the crowds are rendered differently in Automobilista (Possibly 2D?) compared to PC2, which take much less computing power. I read this on here somewhere the other day but can't find it now...

4. KCW

KCW Member

You may be correct there because they do look different.

Id still like them gone though ;)

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Me too, at least when Track at Low quality is selected (like when I'm playing in VR). having this bunch of flat ugly guys kill my fps...and scare me too ;)

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like having the crowds, it adds a bit of atmosphere. AC had minimal crowds and the tracks were lifeless.
    I believe the trees are 2d though but they still look good on the whole.
    I would actually like to see fireworks at the end of a race like in ACC or in AC with the CSP, it is pretty cool and I look forward to seeing it. A basic podium ceremony would be nice as well if it it is just standing there and pumping the air, probably wont happen though, if not then just some sort of after race acknowdgement.

7. KCW

KCW Member

I do sincerely hope they dont add any sort of podium garbage, at least not to multiplayer!! That is about the most annoying thing on any F1 game that forces you to wait for before you can skip it, when im completely disinterested in any of that, i just want to drive the car.

I am not at all a fan of the coloured smoke or fireworks in ACC either, so if they do add any of that sort of thing i hope to christ they put an option to turn it off.

The crowds and trees are 2D from what i can tell yes. In PC2 they move and theyre 3D.

Some people will agree with you and lots of them will like all that stuff you like, i just wont be one of them mate :)

Last thing i am looking at while im racing is the grandstands... i am fine with them being empty ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This nocrowd command should be loaded within the game during testday and practice:p AMS 1 you had no crowd and within the raceweekend advanced more and more crowd were on the stands. thats immersive

9. KCW

KCW Member

I am not sure why theyre being forced on at all, they are a completely irrelevant part of the game really, and while there are those that want them all there as if it was just like a real track day race event, i am more interested in focusing on the track and the other cars as well as utilising my available hardware resources to something we need, rather than something that really adds nothing of value to the race.

I agree completely that there should be an ability to have them present, and probably even to adjust LOD etc with them, such as in Dirt Rally 2.0 and the like, but i will certainly be glad to see them gone.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I found a HideCrowds variable in one of the XML file (OculusSettings.xml) with value false, but turning it true did nothing in VR...

11. KCW

KCW Member

Yeah mate i know, i tried it myself ;)