1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Stops

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by deadly, Apr 15, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Made a race with V12 and changing weather. From Dry to Wet. AI did never pit, went on slicks in wet conditions till the end of the race.
    This is a huge bug to me. Is this just in the Beta and will it be solved?

Because in P.roject Cars Games, which engine is used, it was the same. AI was extremely unwilling to react on weather conditions and change tyres.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton New Member

I noticed the same thing in a race i did at Donington Ai just kept on going till the end.

3. DanielMz

DanielMz New Member

That's weird, I did a couple of races with V8's and Sprint Race in changing wheather and the AI pitted regularly. How many laps were your races?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Reiza are not SMS. Enough said. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had wet races with AI pitting, problem is the lap times the AI do on wet tyres or dry tyres is the the same in the wet. Also on a drying to dry track, the AI can do dry weather lap times on wet tyres. More work required. This was using the F3 at Spielberg modern.

• Like Like x 3
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Just 10 laps, after lap 5, I had to pit because it was really wet then and I could hardly keep the car on track. AI went on on slicks without struggeling.

7. Scoops

Scoops Member

I had the same with Caterham Superlight in rain the AI just drive away from you on slicks. To my mind it’s not a pit stop issue it’s an AI only having dry weather grip levels or perhaps more correctly dry weather lap times issue. But that’s probably just semantics.

If I had their pace when it rained I wouldn’t pit either

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you need to supply more details - especially race length (edit I see you did in a later post 10 lpas). The AI decision making process is quite sophisticated. Its not - oh its raining - pit for tyres. They look at the length of the race and compare the time they will lose doing a pitstop with the time they will loose by staying out on drys. In a short race you will loose more time pitting than staying out on slicks. You really need longer races in changeable weather. for the AI to pit. I did a one hour GT3 race a few weeks ago in PC2 going from dry to wet (i.e. 2 weather slots) and the AI pitted at just the right time. Sadly I stayed out one extra lap and ended up sliding off the circuit.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  9. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I had a sunny and dry ten lap P3 race at Imola last night and before the start made sure there was enough fuel for twelve laps but the 'pit-in' board came out at seven laps. Thinking I'd forgotten to set some other parameter I assumed the Ai would come in as well, but they didn't, I got fuel, tyres, damage repaired (but damage wasn't even switched on) and I ended up dead last. Is this a bug or am I missing something? The only thing I can think is that I was driving so awesomely fast (lol) that I used too much fuel?

10. DanielMz

DanielMz New Member

Can't remember if I tried with 10 or 12 laps, but the AI definitely pitted in all races when it started to rain heavily.

But I agree that the AI are getting incredible lap times with wet tyres.

11. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just did a race at Spielberg Historic 1974 with Caterham 620R, 35 mins/19 laps on a sunny day. I think fuel quantity is automatically calculated so I put max fuel thinking Ai would have the same. In race settings I have mandatory pitstop = NO but in the last 7-8 minutes, Ai pitted. Don't know if it's tires or fuel but to be fair I pitted on the next lap:D.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't think mandatory pit stop worked yet

13. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Works fine for me in every track car combination I've tried so far.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, I am pretty sure it has been greyed out for me.