1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. fandog

fandog New Member

what?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fandog

fandog New Member

Excuse me?
    How to operate
    Can you be more specific

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

The bumpy camera is giving me motion sickness. I've got the movement sliders set to the least amount of movement but it's still way too much. I can only go about five minutes at a time before I'm feeling sick. Anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. Obizzz

Obizzz Member

What have you set world movement to? Try setting it to the other end of what you have now. Some prefer the world to move and some like it better if the car moves and world is static.

Personally I like having world movement at 100 which means the car stays still.

• Like Like x 1
  5. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I have world movement set to 100 and g-force effect set to 0.

6. savgeax

savgeax New Member

I have those settings as above, and in VR the camera shake is still massive, causing motion sickness after a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The FOV also affects how bumpy the view appears. The narrower the FOV - the bumpier the view appears. For those in VR you can't adjust this I presume, but for for those using a screen - by default, AMS2 has a narrower FOV than AMS1. Set it to 80 in AMS2 to get the same default FOV as in AMS1.

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Try world movement 75 for VR. For me this gives a decent balance between world and car movement in my view. (At 75, there is more world than car movement.) I don't know if it will help motion sickness though as it's not something I suffer with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I actually the find the extreme settings (i.e. trying to disable the movement) causes more eye distraction than allowing a little movement. I've typically used World Movement = 80 and G-Force = 20. That gives me a good representation of what I experience with real world driving and seems to dampen some of the extreme bumpiness of some of the cars.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skev

Skev Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would set World Movement to 0 along with every other stimulated head movement. In VR, the last thing you want is the world moving anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I'm not using VR.

Anything other than WM = 100 and the car chassis moves around too much, but your view doesn't. It's like it's locked to the horizon. Having the car bounce up and down while your view doesn't move is really weird.

With WM = 100 everything moves together with is more natural but it's waaaay too bumpy.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, there must be incorrect settings. I have WM = 100 (which needs a better label to be logic = 100 = less motion). The high-end open wheelers cars bounce like crazy, the only thing I found to address this is to max out the suspension height and made is as soft as possible... then the issue was gone (and so are my good setups). Interestingly, I don't see the same over the top bounciness issue when I switch to VR. Might help the devs to find the root cause.

"UPDATE" I have reduced WM to 40-50, and things are much better, but the open-wheel bounces like crazy as if there is no "neck" to absorb any shock.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's why right now I shy away from driving these cars. I tried adjusting WM numbers but still, having a bit of motion sickness, my eyes can't handle it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How can you stay away from those cars, they are AMAZING! :) The tire grip is fantastic, especially compared to iceRacing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Skev

Skev Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, yes sorry for missing that. Seems VR has programmed my mind to think everyone uses it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's not mis-named, it's misunderstood. World Movement controls the movement of the scene (ie, world) in relation to your car. At 0 the world is locked in place so that it does not move in relation to your view, and your car moves with the bumps. At 100 your car is locked in relation to your view, and the world moves with the bumps. Anywhere in between gives you a mix of both, though whether it is a linear sliding scale seems debatable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  17. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Is it just me or is the camera movement even worse in 8.4? I start to feel sick after two laps. I've been sim racing almost every day for 10+ years and never had motion sickness before.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. hereforthat51

hereforthat51 Member AMS2 Club Member

I envy those who can easily cope with it.
    When I bought AMS1 after suffering a lot in RF2 (which I love too but before it didn't even had stabilization) it felt like a glasses upgrade :D.
    But maybe the change in the new engine would require a lot of time. Then we are out of luck.

19. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps the World Movement setting could explain the bit of VR sickness I've been feeling lately. I put my settings at 0 world movement and 0 G-Force, because I wanted a "lock to horizon" effect that I used in assetto corsa.
    But perhaps that doesn't quite work, so I will test some of the settings posted above and see how I go.

20. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Viking_Magnus to lock horizon world movement needs to be 100 not zero. Has been back to front from first beta.