1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

So the FX covers those effects? Good to know, tomorrow I'll put it to 0 and see

Thanks for the info

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It does much more than that. But do try it at 0, 50, and 100 to confirm how it operates on your wheel. Leaving LFB at 50 while you do this test will be most informative.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well that is really bizarre, I can get rolling start to work and could do so prior to this update but have not been able to set mandatory pitstop on any of the builds so far. If I use the down arrow key to go through the settings on that page it completely skips mandatory pitstop altogether. No idea why I can't select it.

4. F1Aussie

I have found the new FFB to be completely lifeless compared to the old, an going to switch it back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Can you try rolling start (Ai controlled) at Santa Cruz please and report if it works. I tried GT5 and Ultima GTR and it doesn't work.

6. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why would you be banned? Reporting on the forums is the sole purpose of it's existence. Reiza have a mature developers, and they are one of the nicest towards their customers. Don't worry. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Just back after my first race online, feeling really disappointed. :-(
    Caterham Superlights at Santa Cruz do Sul, it was like driving on ice, everybody was going off all over the place except two guys. First and second.
    I wondered about setup, so had a look. Only tyres available were 'Auto by weather' and a blank space :-/ So gave up that idea.

I've got quite a bit of experience and managed to get 3rd quickest in practice, while honestly feeling like I was on a drift track, full opposite lock everywhere... it was just undrivable for some reason.
    Only two guys could somehow manage it. Came to quali, they were first and second again, I was 3rd again. FFB felt like it was all over the place, kept getting heavy/light spikes and pulls in strange places.
    Oh, and then some rain came, the two guys up front somehow went quicker, first place by a full second lol.

Tried single race shifter karts at the new tracks and lodrina after that, weird FFB spikes there too. Hopefully it's a case of, a step back to go two steps forward. Fingers crossed that Reiza will keep working towards improving things like I think/hope they will.

8. Rubén Iglesias

Rubén Iglesias New Member

What a disappointment to update, the ffb looks much worse, leave it as it was, it was already very good in many cars. What it changed to do is improve sharpness, changed the ini file, and iracing looks much better in VR, focus. I appreciate their work but they must polish the game, sometimes the cars have very unreal ffb spikes ... I don't understand why they are leaving ... they must continue working

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Might be a candidate for a delete of the controller config file? Spikes and pulls in strange places should not be happening even if you have sub-optimal settings. What are you using, by the way and what hardware do you have?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Ok so tuned it in now.
    G 68
    LFB 40
    FX 50
    Reset my SC1 to a new profile. 900 deg 10A.

11. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty happy with the new FFB. I like it basic/raw and not too heavy (maybe even less than some cars are in real life, not sure). 50/0/0/3. Simucube at 10Nm (50%), 900 degrees, recon 2, unlimited tbw, damp 1%, frict 0%, inert .5% Only issue, soft lock is not felt at all, ffb pulls right thru the end (wheel is 1:1 in game until past in-game lock)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

TS-PC-Racer here and i must say,the first time i begin to like the FFB (NEW one)!
    I had deleted my old profile,as always,now it works like it should.Better feeling without that "motor-rattling effect" is to turn FX down .TP Controlpanel:Gain 60/other settings standard!
    In Game settings:
    Gain:80-75
    LFB:50
    FX:40-30

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. B Stu

B Stu Member

What settings were you using for your wheel? And we're other cars acting same or just the Caterham? Thanks

14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just going to run another "mandatory stop" test at brands. Super v8
    Session setting
    There are 2 settings 1st in "realism settings" (just below allow ghosted vehicles)
    2nd in "race settings" (below formation lap at bottom of page.)
    It may be that both have to be set to Force and Mandatory respectively

A 3rd setting is also in "options" gameplay, authenticity, called "manual pitstop" though I think when you setup a session your session settings override this game option setting, as mine is "off"

15. Dagon94

Dagon94 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Had to tone down FFB alot in this update also turned down FX.
    But I noticed alot more brake "feel" through the wheel on my side, just coming from a AI Race with P2s @Suzuka...they are super slow through the corners and exit...but I had a blast.
    The Driving Experience got alot better again, top job Reiza!

16. Maser V6

Just ran the Sunday morn test.
    1 Ai @100% plus 10 joiners.
    START bug at start of race were most if not all drivers start from trackside camera view. had to esc the resume to get back into car and drive so most people left.
    the remainder had to pit, on 9th lap i had the warning to pit so that was ok.
    Shame the start bug ruined the session. now running different car same settings to see if it re reappears.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. B Stu

B Stu Member

Sure I read the camera bug at start of race, may be related to viewing other drivers in monitor view before the race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Maser V6

ok thanks stu does make a bit of sense, just ran session with the v10 f1 i have to say mental car round Brands Hatch (favorite test track at the moment, bumpy, lively, fast.
    But just got disconnected from server with a couple mins left in Q whilst watching from monitor.
    sad end to another test session.
    Will try another session around 1pm uk time.

19. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Its funny, because I just saw this video today, but had tested and tuned my FFB settings the last two days, just to end up with the same settings for my DD1.

with fanatec FF set to 60, car ROCO, ingame 50/15/50 I just can repeat all the glory from this video, its fantastic! Thanx Reiza so much.

one thing about Interpolation setting in fanatec settings. While lower settings like 2 or 4, the general output could be called more „direct“, but still I have to say that the DD1 here start to make „strange“ sounds with these settings. You can experience this while hitting and attacking curbs hard at Jerez first right hand corner for example.
    I ended up with setting 6 where the strange sounds are gone mostly, still gives you a very good And direct FFB feeling.
    Just saying that, because this strange sounds from the DD1 just take a bit of fun, at least to me. So feels free to test interpolation at 6, you will feel and hear a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

I just did a rolling start with the ultima GTR and it worked, what do you mean by AI controlled?