1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the key is to use a bit lower gain if you find a flat feeling.

The engine effect seems fine at fx 50 for the tm500. I didnt want to reduce FX because some flat curbs are using a rumble effect, and I want to preserve that.

Also Im not sure the engine is an FX really. If I understand its part of the raw ffb that is based on engine rpm.

I might be noteworthy to point out my TM control panel settings.

80/100/100/0/20 Strength/Constant/Periodic/Spring/Damper

It must be said that the ffb and the gain/lfb setup is very hardware sensitive. If you're a DD wheel user you likely should not be using low force boost, you dont need it. The Logi and TM users are definitely getting different mileage from the profiles/settings.

Its a work in progress for sure. I have no doubt that in the end the ffb will be second to none, but in these early days the ride is going to have its ups and downs.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

159/5000

the engine vibration has increased and if we decrease to have less we no longer feel the vibrator.
    yet the new one is less flat but full of flaws.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

They need to separate (new slider) Engine Vibration and Scrubs effect for FX. I prefer to send Engine vibration in my buttkicker and only keep road effect in my wheel with FX slider IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Koinden

Koinden New Member

G27 owner here.

For me, the new FFB 'feels' far better than the old overall but unfortunately it's also a lot lighter and haven't been able to nail down a decent baseline setup, so back to the old until the next FFB revision.

To be sure I did a complete uninstall, delete folders and reinstall.

Under the old FFB I was running 50-60 gain, 70 LFB, 40 FX.
    Under the new FFB I'm running 100 gain, 35 LFB and 35 FX. I feel like if it could go to 120/130 gain it might be strong enough.

If I go any higher than that for the LFB then I start to lose feeling under breaking. Thanks for the hard work on this Reiza, I'm sure you'll get there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CycloZeb

frankly reiza does what you want, but leave the old option which for my t300 was perfect.
    old on ultimate in t300 = 65/40/50 it was really not bad
    new on ultimate t300 = 85/20/10 it's a compromise because nothing suits me anymore

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the exact same settings as previously I have gone from having good feel and resistance to just nothing, it is like there is no ffb or resistance at all, almost like turning the wheel without a game on. I have not played around with any settings and only tried it for about an hour before I went back to the old one.

7. CycloZeb

I suspect that for the direct drive steering wheel no worries but with a t300 it's minable.par cons I feel better braking but the car weighs a few grams.on was comparable to rf2 before now it is light as assetto grr

8. Chaz

Chaz New Member AMS2 Club Member

9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Off course your ffb is lifeless when you don't do the effort in trying out new settings.
    I immediately increased the gain from 60 to 80 with the Super V8 and Stockcar and a few minutes later i already had a good setting.
    What's the point in driving around for an hour with ffb settings you don't like and then giving up without trying something ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CycloZeb

after hours of testing, my ffb is more detailed especially on braking with the new ffb.
    so in t300 my panel is at 100/100/100/0/0.
    with the new I am in the game at 85/10/20 while before 65/40/50 is frankly I go faster because I feel braking better.
    I still lack a little weight in f1 in the fast corner in 6th for example what I had before.

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

In the words of Yoda, "You must unlearn what you have learned."

In other words, completely disregard everything you knew about the "old" FFB, delete your profile, make a new one, and start from scratch. Also, take the time to find your own settings rather than relying on what others post, because one thing which has become very clear from this thread alone is that settings vary wildly between users, even those on the same wheel.

That said, on my T300 I'm currently using 70/70/20.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Highly unlikely that lowering LFB and FX on the New profile would be a good direction for a lower-powered wheel. Try boosting those two (LFB at least 50 or higher and leave FX at default 50) and lowering Gain accordingly. And assume you have all Logi control panel stuff at default...

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else with an older Logitech wheel getting overly strong FFB for lateral grip? I notice it the most in the F309, but it's also present with the Ultima GTR. Do not experience it in the Caterhams. Lateral load seems to amplify the FFB for bumps in the track surface so much that my desk shakes.

I'm using a DFGT with the NEW DEFAULT profile and the recommended Logitech Profiler settings from the first post in this thread. Feel like I've tried every combination of gain, LFB boost and FX. Currently using 70 gain, 80 LFB and 0 FX. Lower gain has not made it tolerable unless it's so low that no other FFB effects are felt. Low or zero LFB has not helped. I get a bigger deadzone with the same behavior outside the deadzone. Using identical or similar LFB and FX has not helped.

At 30 gain, 0 LFB and 0 FX, it still shakes my desk with how the FFB oscillates. It's adding to the feeling of motion sickness from world movement. Adjusting world movement and FOV have helped visually, but this FFB behavior is negating those improvements while cornering.

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I love my current setting. Had a blast with my round rim and the Caterham SL. Wheel feels good. I sense what the car is doing. Only change it if Renato or Dom says so.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

0 FX will never work in my opinion. For fun, leave FX at the default of 50; try a bit less LFB than before (70?) and assume you will need higher Gain.

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found my sweetspot at 65/15/25 for almost every car but not for Fusca CA.
    I'm simply not able to feel some response from this car regarding brake locks and understeering.

17. CycloZeb

a bit like me 75/10/25
    the gain between 60 and 90 it all depends on the cars but 75 is a good compromise
    the lfb between 10 and 20 I resize the weight after less and less.
    the fx between 15 and 30 after I resent vibrator on the whole track

18. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

much lighter feeling in the wheel. I increased slightly the gain.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  19. Antonio Amarilla

Antonio Amarilla New Member

I also have a T300 and I'm currently with 70/40/25 and i got to say it feels far better than the old one. And yes, with the same wheel we're having a lot of different settings, so as he says, try your own instead of taking one configuration from here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I agree with this. Even if the FFB improved overall, I share the same thoughts and I am still missing curbs/bumps/etc while on straight (G27, default settings with "new" ffb profile).

• Like Like x 1