1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes fail to often

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by karl tyas, Apr 26, 2020.

1. karl tyas

karl tyas New Member

does anyone else brakes fail fairly often

i was running the Mitsubishi lancer at Cadwell park 10min race

standard setup 1st race around 1.30 seconds to go brakes failed as they started sqeeling and a severe damage warning came on the screen. i think ok nice feature

it would be nice if when the failure warning comes up it actually told you what the failure was so you know for sure

anyway

run the race second time same setup same thing happens pretty much same exact time around 1.30 left of the race

3rd run open the brake ducts to 90% and move brake bias 2 clicks backwards result same problem brakes went with about 1.30s left of the race.

i kept checking the brake temps in this 3rd run and they were considerably lower throughout the race so seems strange thy just went again

is it coded that in this race i will get a failure as i wasn't backing out to menu just restarting from the race menu i was already in or is it based on what your actually doing in race??

i have also had brakes fail in a couple of other races and im not playing this game a lot so it seems the failure rate is super high so far for me and brake failure

whats peoples thoughts on this

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I got squealing brakes with Stock Car at Interlagos, then severe damage warning but no clue what the warning was for. Got to turn off damage to complete a race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. karl tyas

karl tyas New Member

its properly because mechanical failures are on in the options, and th ebrakes get cooked or work out at a guess but there is no info on why it happend or if it is infact the brakes

by the noise after the warning shows im guessing its brake related

i can only think it one time of hitting the brakes to hard, as like i say on run 3 the temps were green the whole race so it cant be over heating over time

4. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

The new brake model is broke.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

There are some cases where certain car/track combo's actually start with damaged brakes too, always tends to be the front left from what I can tell.

6. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I had failure in an ultima gtr race. I thought maybe the damage was overheating or too sensitive damage setting.

I looked over the recording i made and i reckon this:

caused my failure:

• Like Like x 1
  7. karl tyas

karl tyas New Member

yeh could be the impact i guess

in my case i had no crashes that i can think of

i like the idea of mechanical damage happening randomly but seems like the brakes are a bit to sensitive at the minute

8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Something is wrong because a few races in a row I have driven the Super V8 around Goiania and about 6-8 laps into the race the brakes fail.. No contacts or driving stupid.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  9. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton New Member

I am having the same happen to me as well noticed the loud sqeeling without hitting anything just starts with normal driving.

10. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

OK so if this is a current bug thats isnt related to contact, lets try a few elimination tests to see if its random, or caused by excessively overheated/damaged brake discs upon starting a race.

See if opening the brake ducts to full helps

See if it helps by doing a rolling start (standing start sometimes adds a formation laps worth of tyre/brake temps) via telemetry screen ( change HUD keybind to view)

Use a car series(modern formula) that gives tyres a blanket so they start race ready compared to a series that doesnt (old school saloons), as brake heat bleeds into the inner tyre wall so a car series without tyre blankets may have hot inner starting temps and very cold middle/outer , and a pre warmed tyre series may show extreme heat acroiss the whole tyre, if the brake starting temps are borked.

Or turn off mech damage to see if its simply that.

I cant do any tests for the rest of the day but i will try and do some soon tomorrow afternoon.

11. karl tyas

karl tyas New Member

This is why I did the 3rd run in the original post to see if opening the brake ducts helped but from my results it didnt i had the same outcome

1st 2 runs with default duct had the brakes reaching orange to red temps

3rd run 90% open duct I didnt see the brakes go out of the green colouration

I ran with the telemetry screen open for a few laps

I dont know if it's a bug as such but is likely something that needs to to be tweaked in upcoming patches

I haven't seen any other mech failure bar multiple brake failures and they seem very common place from.wjat I've experienced so far In the game

12. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

Just Hosted a race V8 at Montreal, breaks didn't last longer than 4 laps for most of the 13 cars on the track. Tried open up the duct brake air to 100% lowered the brake pressure to 80% did not help.

13. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I would delete all the settings files in the savegames dir and try then.

14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

already done that..

15. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton New Member

This is what i am getting after lapping around Adelaide V8 SC started around lap 7.

16. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton New Member

This is not worth playing in this state i just attempted a 10 lap race in the sv8 only got up to lap 5 before the brakes overheated and i got a severe damage icon on the screen.
    Looks like it's back to AMS 1 and RF2.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just turn damage and mechanical failures off until the next patch. Jeez :p It's Early Acces for a reason.

18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you turned Mechanical Damage OFF? If not does this possible Brake Issue still happen?

19. doclucio

doclucio New Member

the brakes work in a strange way, i have the sensibility to 10 ingame and 10 over 100 in my wheel (csl elite), in brake balance i tryied move the braking rearward and have like 80% brake power but it still blocks my tires too often...to brake i have to be like a little bird on the brakes

20. Steve D

Steve D New Member

@doclucio I use HE Pros and have found a decent, weighty feel to the brakes but you need to play around. Like you I firstly reduce brake sensitivity to 10 in the config menu. In the race start menu, go to Edit Set Up: Advanced Set Up: Tyres/Brakes/Chassis and reduce brake pressure to around 50% to start with and try that. You might need to go a little higher or lower though, depending on what you are driving. Also reset the brake bias back to its default setting or with just a little less front bias. It's also worth reducing 'tyre volume' in the audio menu as I find it can be too intrusive and gives you a false impression of the wheels locking up worse than they actually are.

• Like Like x 2