1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

That was a great ffb update,,,,love it,,,,,,, can't wait for the per car ffb settings to roll out now. ,,,,good job Reiza .,

2. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get some good results for the Ultima GTR with 70 gain, 70 LFB and 35 FX. Lapping at Guapore the effect for lateral grip is tolerable and I'm getting FFB for curbs and hard braking without the engine effect being overly buzzy in the wheel's dead zone.
    It was only a slight improvement for the F3 though. I tried reducing gain to 55 to lower the strength of the lateral grip effect, but it doesn't do much to make it more tolerable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was surprised by some settings using the NEW Default w/ lower LFB, while I found it bit better w/ higher LFB (now 70/40/15 from 60/35/15). Really subjective...just an observation.

Still waiting though for the details from Renato ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster users if you were not aware have a driver update Feb 17 2020, and TH8 Shifter had a firmware update from Oct 2019. I had not checked since last year. I dont think any change would be noticed and it looks like the driver is basically adding support for new hardware. FYI

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gene

Gene New Member

Just wanted to share the settings I've been using with my Thrustmaster TX (same as T300). These are the best settings I've found for my taste in FFB, trying to achieve both a balanced and detailed feel across as many cars as possible. Overall I've been very happy with the improvement in the ffb with the last update and even just hotlapping has been giving me hours of enjoyment.

Control Panel Settings
    Wheel Firmware V54
    Wheel rotation 900º
    Master Gain 100
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 100
    Damper 100

In Game Settings
    New Default profile
    Gain 75
    LFB 50
    FX 40

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty close to what I had after testing yesterday (70/40/15), though my CP gain is at default of 75. Only drove the SV8, SC, Ultima GTR so far, and I was surprised to have set LFB higher than I had with the OLD (only at 60-65/35/15).

7. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy New Member

Are you sure you are not clipping?

8. Gene

Gene New Member

Not clipping in the cars I've tried, unless the telemetry hud FFB graph is inaccurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mjmbult

mjmbult New Member

Anyone want to share his settings for csw v2?

10. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Can you make the telemetry hud histogram show clipping? I've tried and can max out the 80-100% bar but not get anything on the >100% clipping bar.

11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Best I came up with after many laps in the F3 car yesterday:

90/80/50/40

This provides a relatively strong, informative feedback (IMO).

This is pretty similar to what I was using for the old FFB.

I wonder if the default values of 100/50/50/40 are already in the right neighbourhood for 'consumer level' wheels. If you think about it, Reiza would have used those values for a reason, and delivering the best experience to the largest number of users would surely be their aim. Therefore, if you have a non DD wheel, maybe it's worth not straying too far from the defaults. Just a thought!

• Like Like x 2
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can, with the Stockcar i have no clipping with 78/40/50 and everything at 100 in CP. But when i use 80/40/50 i see very mild clipping. With most other cars like the Cats and F Trainer i have no clipping with 80/40/50. When i go over these settings it starts to clip.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What wheelbase do you have? Even without faffing about I would not have expected such an extreme difference in the FFB. My original settings were 50/50/50/10 and that provides a brilliant amount of resistance, kick and feel for me. Kept the same settings on the new just as a test no large amount of playing around with anything, didnt have time but as I said there difference was massive, looking at the charts from Reiza it doesnt look like the changes were that large but then I am not really into all the technical stuff just like to make quick changes and drive, I tried a few different cars quickly but the difference was the same in all of them, was quite surprised to be honest, I thought most ffb changes were usually pretty small and thought it was excellent beforehand anyway. I didnt want to make any changes as I was just testing what differences there were. I will have a bit more of a play at some stage but if anyone has any good DD1 settings with the new settings and wants to share I will give it a shot. I usually wait for fanatec to release their recommended settings and then have minor tweaks from there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

15. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

The New default is a huge leap backwards! I definitely prefer Old default. I read somewhere that Reiza will remove the old default option at some point; I beg you, don't remove Old default!!!!!

Edit: I decided to give the New default another chance tonight and I've completely changed my mind. I guess my brain struggled to interpret the new outputs and therefore I thought "this is different and I don't like it". The majority couldn't be wrong, could they, so there had to be something wrong with me :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. zzigg

zzigg New Member AMS2 Club Member

DD1- McLaren gt3 driver-361 wbf-672 wbmf-38 swf-31
    SEN-AUTO
    FF-50
    LIN-ON
    NDP-25
    NFR-5
    NIN-10
    INT-4
    FEI\FOR\SFR\DPR-100
    BLI-1
    in game 50\15\18\0
    i hope it helps. i accept any sugestion

• Like Like x 1
  17. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

I have a TX and I prefer the Old default.

Control Panel Settings
    Wheel rotation 900º
    Master Gain 100
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0

In Game Settings
    Old Default profile
    Gain 75
    LFB 50
    FX 40

18. F1Aussie

Thanks for the heads up, I will check it out. I am just glad there are not as many ffb setup options as in project cars, that was just too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. F1Aussie

Will try it out when I am in next. Cheers

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I thought the same thing at first but boy was I wrong. Delete your profile bro and start over. The new FFB is fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1