Regarding AMS and Reiza 17

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Marius H, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear reader,

I was lately thinking how companies handle their racing games and content. So I was brainstorming on my own (Is that even possible?) So I come to a conclusion: Why not making AMS the circuitrating-hub for Northern and Southern American simulation racing.

I mean Raceroom Experience covers ADAC, DTM, WTCC and many more. Asetto Corsa covers daily and rich mens road cars. AMS is very noticeable to have the best open wheeler simulation. (I didn't put in rFactor and iRacing, because of the montly/yearly fee).

I believe it's a amazing idea to have AMS covering the American racing. With somewhat how Raceroom or Assetto Corsa handles it content, either you buy cars, tracks, liveries for a little amount of money or you buy DLC. This means AMS can grow larger and larger within the years; also updating it's graphics, engine, physics. so in the end we have a good competition in circuitracing; Raceroom covering Europe, AMS America and Assetto Corsa the normal roadcars and hotlapping.

Now going forward to Reiza 17. If that's still the case. What about making Reiza 17 not circuit but a Rally game? Yes, you read this correctly. Why a Rally simulation game? I believe it's amazing to have Reiza 17 covering the American Rally. So Reiza can compete directly versus Codemasters Dirt Rally and it's sequels. Codemasters is known for covering Europe. so wouldn't it be awesome if Reiza covers America? AMS has RX and dirt. and it's kinda just right. The car handles nicely on the dirt/mud, the physics works.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have AMS as a circuit racing game covering the Amercian racing and growing by it's content? And wouldn't it be fantastic to have a rally game that takes place in America? It's very diverse!

So what about you? What do you think? Me? I think AMS and Reiza 17 Rally is the way to go.

Thank you for reading,

Ivy

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza is trying to avoid repeating the problem of being labelled a niche product (South American-focused). An American Rally focus would be even worse! This is a terrible idea, though having this sort of content as a mod or branch-off title could be great, just not as the purpose for Reiza 17. Reiza 17 needs to continue the trajectory of AMS and continue to expand into as many worldwide popular racing fields as possible. Unfortunately, American rally would be near the bottom of any worldwide list :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

'So Reiza can compete directly versus Codemasters Dirt Rally and its sequels.'
    Unfortunately not in my opinion. Reiza is far from making a AAA game like Dirt Rally...

4. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio New Member

Rally,no thank you.And if Reiza had code masters budget,they would make a game far superior to Dirt Rally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well rally is coming to AMS so we'll see how it turns out.

6. Metalogic

Metalogic New Member AMS2 Club Member

Focus Northern and Southern American simulation racing? Not for me...Much more interested in the British tracks Reiza have announced.

7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have the basics of loose surface racing (don't know how advanced it is but i doubt it's at levels of Dirt Rally) and we'll see support for point-to-point races, so there's basically your Rally..

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For Reiza 2017 I'd would rather see Reiza getting official license of the CART 1998 season and rebuilding that mod and include it in the base game even if it makes the price go up :)
    Imagine that with all the proper tracks... man.... *-*

• Like Like x 1
  9. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

In my case I only race online, and those are tracks/cars that would get more people. So yes, I don't get tired at all, as long as there are people to race with.

11. gongo

-

12. Will Mazeo

No money for that. And even if I had the money I'm not sure I'd get into it because I consider it a bit overpriced.
    On the other hand... some devs look like really want to push people into iRacing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  13. gongo

-

14. Will Mazeo

that escalated quickly :D
    Funny enough Reiza knows they need more mainstream tracks (at least the DLC thing shows that) ;) and this is not about online only, if mainstream cars and tracks help to sell.... go for it with all you have. This is business.
    I don't get the Interlagos point at all, Interlagos IS one of these mainstream tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gongo

-

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Well...I love "the same exact" tracks, but I ubderstand your point...so why don't have both of them?
    I don't like the idea to have a great sim without my beloved tracks...why I should race on them without the benefits of being on AMS?

PS: can I add you to steam?We play the same games...

17. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I came to SCE/AMS because of the different content mix and I like the idea of a North/South America focussed sim. AC has most of the major European tracks as first party content or mods and I don't really see the point of making yet another Nords/Spa as great as they are. I would love to see a sim with modern graphics with the South American content we have now plus the classic US/Canadian tracks but without the huge expense of iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i like the tracks i just don't see them as good as reiza quality.

19. gongo

-

20. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah well I think spa needs looking at again, because when I played it didn't look anywhere as near as good as reizas tracks. I have tried road Atlanta yet. Maybe I was burned by spas versin.