1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone play with G29?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cully, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So i tore the rotator cuff in my shoulder last yearr and its only now coming to the point now where i feel comfortable to use a wheel and simrace again.
    AMS1 is my all time favourite sim so my plan all along was to buy a new wheel for it, my T300 died within days of getting it just before my injury so right now ive no wheel.
    While i really enjoy racing sims i also enjoy many types of games and genres so i see myself more casual simracer these days compared to before so i dont want to invest in a high end wheel hence im wondering how AMS2 is with a G29?

2. Chris Paterson

Chris Paterson New Member

I'm currently playing with a G29. I've not used anything high end so cant compare for you. Although I haven't had and problems with feel or response once I got the settings I like. As its a G29 it doesn't output a lot of force so shouldn't be anything you wouldn't be able to cope with

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I use a G25; I’m satisfied with the FFB at this point of development in AMS2 using the settings listed in the official FFB post from Reiza earlier this week. Better FFB in AMS2 than AMS on a G25, IMHO, with the potential for further improvement as the title progresses. Other’s opinions will undoubtedly vary, but the more I drive in AMS2, the more I like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cully

Thanks is this the post your talking about?

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

I just bought a second hand G29 should have in few days cant wait to get stuck into AMS2.

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that's the one. After the most recent AMS2 V0.8.4.0 update, I trialed various FFB settings over the weekend with my G25. In the end, I ended up with settings almost identical to those I referred to previously. I include my New Default FFB settings here for the sake of replication:

Per Reiza: Recommended settings for Logitech G2X wheels:
    [​IMG]

(My) FFB settings in AMS2:

TYPE: New Default
    GAIN: 92 *
    LOW FORCE BOOST: 75
    FX: 50
    MENU SPRING STRENGTH: 40

* Gain setting determined using HUD FFB graph in AMS2 to minimize clipping. High downforce cars may demonstrate a small degree of clipping per Reiza.

Edit: Updated FFB settings to include HUD FFB info. Copied this post to this thread: Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Mods, should this thread about G29 be closed to keep discussion regarding Logitech wheels in a more centralized place?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  7. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I also use the G29, seems fine to me, FFB adjustments have a noticeable effect so it can be tuned although not to the extent of some of the expensive wheels. But if you need a wheel to plug in and go the G29 is a good choice. In the early development of the game it's worth starting with settings all over again each time a new update is out as FFB is gradually getting better and better.

8. Cully

Thanks guys.

9. Cully

So i got my new G29 and i couldnt be happier.
    I thought id be taking a big step backwards going back to Logitech after T300 but not so.
    FFB is totally acceptable,im surprised how good infact.

10. OnlineNãoTemPause

OnlineNãoTemPause New Member

Wow, thats nice to hear... i just bought my G29 but i never play any kind of simulators before... and i´m extremly happy and surprised of how good they are. Nice to read from a player with lot more experience!

• Like Like x 1