1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite car?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Glyn Goold, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I just found my favourite, it's the P3 Roco 001. It handles great, sounds great, has plenty of grip and has just the right amount of power for some good racing.

It's very well balanced in the corners, stable under braking and turns in without understeer/oversteer, I can't fault it. I am using the old FFB profile because it feels just right on my Logitech G920.

I have tried it at Guapore, Donington Park, Ibarra and Oulton Park so far. I run with maximum detail and I get minimum 120fps at the back of a 20 car grid at the start of a race.

Let's see what everybody else thinks. What's your favourite car and why?

20200428103157_1.jpg

2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

SuperV8...just because!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In no order:

• SprintRace
    • Caterham SL
    • Caterham 620r
    • Caterham Academy
    • Formula Trainer (Advanced)
    • Roco
    • Stockcar Brasil

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Over all the Ultima GTR Race version. A beast on wheels.
    Some of the best FFB ive felt in a game and the AI for this car series are more competent than other series on the same difficulty settings ( less of the super slow in corners behavior)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Many favourites so far,

AJR V6 and AJR Judd (More so, pre 'new default FFB')
    MRX Duratec P3
    Stockcar Brasil
    Sprint Race
    Formula Gen3

EDIT: I've had a lot of seat time in this game now (over 120 hrs) and I have to say the standout car for me at this point in terms of FFB detail/weight etc is the P3 MRX Duratec. This car on Oulton Park Classic is an absolute blast.
    This is now my test combo for any future FFB/Physics updates. I really hope to feel improvements in straight line forces to capture track surface undulations and increased tyre scrub effects during loss of grip/understeer. IMO, if they get that right they've nailed it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

My overall favourite is the Sprint Race, it is just so chuckable. Massive amounts of grip and so well balanced, it's a joy to drive at any circuit.

However last night I tried Virginia International Raceyway (Full) for the first time. Did a race in the Puma at 18:00 and it was an amazing experience. The lighting is fantastic at that time and the Puma has such good feedback through the FFB around the undulating track. Feeling the steering go light when the track drops away is some of the best FFB I've felt.

7. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like you've got some good kit there.

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

I bought AMS 1 because of one car only: Caterham 620R. But fell in love with the difficult Ultima 720 Street and the Ultima racer.

AMS2. I think physics FFB wise:
    Ultima racer
    Caterham 620R
    Ultima 720, such a difficult unforgiving understeery/snap oversteery bad braking SOB I 'love it'.
    Super V8

Cheers
    Robin

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Favourite is either the Caterham SL or SuperV8, I drive those the most. The Ultima Race is also a great car though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've never enjoyed any Caterham in all other driving/racing games I've played. This game has completely changed that for me. The 620R is easily my favorite and most driven car in AMS2. I really enjoy the ability to fully control the entirety of a turn with the gas pedal. Just so much fun!

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the Roco, ultima GTR race, super V8, and a couple others I can't think of ATM. Quite a few unusual but interesting cars in the Sim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I like to drive the Sprintcar, Roco, Formula 3 and the Stock Car v8 (mainly after the latest FFB update)

• Like Like x 1
  13. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Ultima GTR Race, F3, Stock Car, Formula Classic Gen 2

• Like Like x 2
  14. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've discovered the Chevette, fantastic little car, ugly as a fridge that married a central heating boiler, but like any good race car more grip than grunt and superbly balanced, great to chuck around Oulton Park.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jonny Young

Jonny Young New Member

For me it's the Caterham Superlight (for the smaller curcuits), the P3 (whatever the top one is called) and the F3. Fun times..

• Like Like x 2
  16. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

So far I'd have to go with Classic F1 Generation 1 Model 1 - the one that's got the highest torque of the 3 Gen 1 cars :) - it's really nice and fun to drive, and already has decent suspension adjustments (but obviously needs that expanded a bit more to reflect reality - i.e. no high speed compression or rebound adjustment yet).

17. Dynasty911

Dynasty911 New Member

The caterham 620R has me hooked to this sim like no other, its just so fun to drive, although i would like a LHD version.

• Like Like x 2
  18. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Formula V12 has the potential to be my favourite ever car in sim racing ! Especially at the 1980’s tracks !

• Like Like x 2
  19. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Caterham superlight, and the superkarts are great fun. Superlight seems to lack some FFB detail for me (Especially under braking) but still enjoyable. The superkart just feels fantastic, brilliant at Azure/Monaco!
    Oh, and the V8 supercars, and old F1 are awesome as well. Lol, there's a lot to like! I may as well name all of em!

Actually, I'd like to enjoy the Caterham 620R but it just feels broken to me with default setup, no front end grip at all with major understeer. Can't get the front tyres to heat above 150 @ Goiania for example. I can of course pop the arse end out everywhere possible, but I'm pretty sure there's an issue with it.
    Previously posted pics, so apologies for popping them here as well.
    tsr-caterham-superlight-1.png tsr-caterham-superlight-2.png tsr-superkart-2.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

I'm more of a 'more grunt than grip' (and rwd) guy, also in real life. That's more exciting for me. It keeps me aware of the power of the car and I'm able to control it with the throttle and steering.

With a very very grippy slow car not so much: I find that a bit boring. 'Flat out' WOT everywhere.

But each to their own off course:)

EDIT: Chevette is not as boring as I expected, but it feels so slow:)

Cheers
    Robin

• Like Like x 2