1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

No. FX seems to link also a "scrubs" effect of oversteer which is important to help driving. Engine vibration is not and add "noises" to the wheel, and I will prefer to turn it off in wheel and redirect it to my buttkicker under my seat. So having separate slider for Engine vibration is a good idea IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Load Custom FFB. Then exit the game. Go to AMS 2 folder in mydocuments. Open CustomFFB. And delete the engine section and (engine_scale 0.5) or put everything engine-related to zero. Don't know if it works. :p

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

I decided to give the New default another chance tonight and I've completely changed my mind. I guess my brain struggled to interpret the new outputs and therefore I thought "this is different and I don't like it". The majority couldn't be wrong, could they, so there had to be something wrong with me :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

And lose all the other effects tied to that slider? Not much of a solution is it? If Reiza are going to continue down the route of having minimal FFB customisation through sliders, then I think we need a couple of check-boxes to remove unnecessary effects that we either don't want/like, or that interfere with more important effects on "cheaper" wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

good to explore, but no thanks, as said by somebody else recently:
    "No. Will perhaps do after 1.0. I am here to test the Early Acces stuff. If I am already making 'modifications' to the game then it interferes with the purpose of Early Acces".(Copyright 2020 Ivysaur) :whistle:;):)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Koinden

Koinden New Member

Cheers Marc,

I'll start with FX at 50 and mess about with the LFB and Gain and see what happens. If I have the time after work today I might fire it up, if I do I'll let you know what my findings are.

You're right, having 2 sliders to play with should make this a fairly easy one compared to other sims, especially PC2 and R3E... the amount of FFB settings in that are ridiculous!

Mind you, did the whole LUT thing with AC so I don't mind putting in a bit of work if I get good results.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Normally, I might agree but, in this case, the vibrations only occur at very low RPM's. Even DD-wheels can only provide engine vibes up to a certain frequency before they can no longer be detected.

Personally, I like the engine vibes but, I think it would be better to have FX / engine-vibes / other effects separated OR, offer different FFB-profiles (Flavors) with varied proportions. If separated effects are used, they should be under an "Advanced" tab only for the more adventurous users. :p:)

At the end of the day, I suspect many advanced users will want to use or develop Custom ffb-profiles anyway. I think a specific profile for DD-wheels may be needed for optimal results.

On the other hand, there are still some suspension issues to be sorted out with some cars, and that makes judging the FFB a bit challenging.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

idem now I find it more realistic and more logical

• Like Like x 1
  9. mjmbult

mjmbult New Member

I did and i found them to light for my taste

10. Arcadium

Arcadium New Member

I would really really like to live the new FFB Default, however I just can't. As a T300 user I feel like something is missing here. It lacks detail and amplification of some effects. I've noticed that I need to up the gain with this profile in the range of 75/80 and lowering the LFB to max 20, everything higher seems to dampen out other effects. Setting it lower is better but doesn't provide the same effects. If I raise the gain more then 80 clipping starts to occur.

With a setting of 62/55/15 in the old profile the wheel felt much more alive and detailed. I'm running an awefull lot of laps now on Donington Park with cars like the Sprint Car, Formula V12 and Formula V10. And especially on the F1 car with Power steering the new profile feels light and quite dead. Where the old profile still had some nice weight to the wheel while still providing good feedback. It's almost like a trade of, either a wheel with weight but low effects, or more effects but really light wheel.

I'm now at a point that for now I will not bother any more with the new profile and keep using the old one for now. I enjoy racing a lot with those settings and i'm starting to get tired figuring out good settings on the new profile. Next patch i'll give it another try, I know it's an early access so no hard feelings it's part of the development and I'm sure other people with a T300 might find settings that suit them well. Unfortunately I wasn't able to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I would look at what some other G27 owners on here have been using successfully (I have read several very happy reports). I know absolutely for sure it is not 100/50/50. That is too much Gain and perhaps not enough LFB.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Marc Collins

There are a bunch of T300 owners on here who have found good settings. Might want to look them up. In the meantime, try holding FX at 50 and adjust the other two accordingly.

13. Touno71

Touno71 Member

For me on G27,i have Gain 85 ,LFB 50 and FX 50, and i'm happy with that

14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

65/15/25l
    looks like we v2 users slowly die out :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

71ubhEQA8+L._SX355_.jpg

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

This simply isn't true. I've eliminated the engine vibrations using the custom FFB profile, and the difference is noticeable at all revs and all speeds. Makes one hell of a difference in my ability to feel other FX forces, because I can now raise the FX setting without introducing a ridiculous constant vibration that drowns everything else out.

But whether people like engine vibrations or not, I see nothing wrong with giving us the option to turn them on and off. Then we have the best of both worlds, with those that want them able to have them, and those that don't able to remove them. Everybody's happy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad it worked out.

18. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you to Arcadium. After a while playing around with Old and New at various settings and finding nothing i liked, using OLD 62,55,15 as he suggested has made things 100% better for me. Am using a Thrustmaster TMX

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, but you don’t know that absolutely.

Why would Reiza allow such a setting if it is absolutely too much? G27 is probably just about the weakest wheel going, so setting maximum allowable gain seems fairly logical.

I think only the developers could make such a statement, and the fact that they allow 100% gain, means it probably has a use for lower end wheels.

Personally I am using 95% gain and love it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Marc Collins

I was referring to the reports from Logi G owners on here, not some absolute what is right or wrong.