1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[0.8.4] Replays..

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please consider the following additions if possible..

1. Time advance can be quickly done by clicking on the red horizontal time bar so that you do not have to fast forward all the time with those brain blowing chipmunk sounds..

2. Longer replay lengths. In ACC we can currently save 1 hour replay files which is nice for longer races.

3. Easy to use and functional free cam.

thank you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

CTRL+F, and or +K in pcars 2 used to unlock a form of free cam so maybe its the same with AMS 2 . Not as amazing as the beta cams which allowed you to use a joypad to animate a camera and speeds, start/finish posistion

coupled with the next replay cam keybind option( you may need to add binds for these) you could get a semi decent freecam

JonZ made amazing movies using the pcar beta cams (removed for some weird reason on release) and he had to keep this account offline so it wouldnt update the client so he could keep making movies

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@RWB.3vil - I tried CTRL+K as others have suggested this however it did nothing.. Thanks I'll try CTRL-F.

4. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza have said (probably in the Reiza51 forum which you don't have access to) that they will look at improving the replay functionality to allow "jumping" to specific spots. Although instant replays are limited in length, at the end of a race you can save the replay and these can be at least an hour to the best of my knowledge in PC2 at least. I've not tried saving a replay in AMS2 yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Sadly livetrack 3.0 may prohibit jumping to specific spots without going through the whole thing, as I believe it records the delta between times for the track condition. I may be wrong on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor TCLF AMS2 Club Member

Why is there a limit in replay time anyway? It would just make the replay file bigger right?

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yep, and perhaps that's why they're the size they are. R3E, for example, records the entire race. A 40 minute race can mean a 250mb file. It doesn't take long to fill your drive that way especially on a smaller solid state.

That said, R3E gives the option of recording or not. AMS 2 probably should too, for those of us who have big enough drives or are prepared to cull unnecessary replay files regularly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Remco Majoor

Does it auto save the replay now?

9. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

The Madness engine was originally designed to support consoles (i.e. PC1/PC2 did PC, Xbox and PS). There are file limits (unless you are a first party developer) for how much data can be stored on consoles per game. With that, Reiza could remove that limitation.

10. Remco Majoor

That's actually a very good point. I forgot them consoles

11. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

And I would recommend you change the location of My Documents too (which is the default location many games use for game saves and replay files) to a much larger drive. Especially if you play multiple sims that record replay files for you.

[​IMG]

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

AMS 2? I don't think it saves anything at the moment, at least not permanently. There's a Media folder in it's My Docs folder with .med files in it, but I don't know what they are.

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

ist WIP. Just a quick implementation. Full replays will come.

14. hereforthat51

hereforthat51 Member AMS2 Club Member

You also need to use -devcameras in the launch options.
    The whole thing works as in pcars 2.

15. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Something like this would be nice below, than the size and quality is up to the user. Autosave too.

That and as said, not having to press and hold a button to FF then to stop, go to the other button to rewind. Then forward...
    In replay, it would be nice on the progress bar just to have a slider to scrub where you want. Fingers crossed!
    [​IMG]

16. Wolfgang Herold

afaik its not possible currently because of weathereffects and livetrack. Too many paramaters to store per second for a whole track. Thats why the replay would not be accurate.
    I hope Reiza finds a way to optimize that. SMS was not able :confused:

17. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

ah yes, i had an inkling there was something else missing to get them working. thanks for the reminder

• Like Like x 1
  18. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

No they were not able to. Livetrack 3 used to cause massive de syncing issues in long multiplayer races in pcars 2.

Eg we had a long race at Zolder with a few weather slots (started wet and ended up dry) Some of the players live track started to dry in the first quarter of the race whilst the rest of us still had a mild dry line and massive puddles still collected at the large chicane which caused our cars to wallow as we hit the water. The players that had no puddles collected anymore would fly past as on their screen the track had massive dry lines and little to no puddles left.

We compared replays after the event to see how much live track was different for each of us.
    We eventually had to stop using real or multiple slot weather and time progression as the de-syncing ruined the experience.

19. Wolfgang Herold

seems that livetrack has too much random factors in it and as long its not synced the results differs and spreads the more with time. Nice for singleplayer, total horror for multisession.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Absolutely, it was better to simply run a standard single weather slot and have default time progression or none at all although i cant remember if you could turn it completely off.