1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on with the DLC's and why have they changed on Steam???

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SRS13Rastus, May 1, 2020.

1. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

I was seriously tempted to buy the DLC bundle but being bitten by other devs recently I opted to wait for user/friend reviews before putting up the cash for EA. the DLC bundle was too much of a risk for me atm.

I looked at the DLC at the time seeing essentially this:
    Hockenheim + car pack in May $9.99
    Bathurst + Car pack (GT3/GT4 if my memory isn't failing) in June $9.99, then,
    Silverstone + blurred out car pack in July $9.99.

Now Bathurst is missing completwly and the tracks no longer list car packs, we've now got this showing instead:

• Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99) - MAY 2020

• Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - JULY 2020

• At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)

Furthermore, this Season Pass covers at least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99):

• Brazilian Legends

• Racin´ USA

• Adrenaline
    What's going on here??? This is deeply concerning and is very VERY close to putting me off the DLC bundle entirely......
    Yeah it's an Early Access game and subject to change but still... Any info would be GREATLY appreciated...

2. SRS13Rastus

On a side note... Thanks for the GREAT game been loving every MINUTE of my 54 hours in game, it has been a blast (despite teething troubles).
    You guys are 2nd to NONE when it comes to addressing any problems and at LEAST you communicate unlike more "Established" software houses...
    Keep up the outstanding work and I can't WAIT for the 0.8.7 update to arrive for EA players...
    Been urging friends to buy, one or 2 have already and others intend to soon wanna see how I stack up against all the experienced sim racers and aliens out there :)

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And what exactly is your problem ? Bathurst is already confirmed and it will come for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sib

Sib New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I don't think anything has changed regarding the DLCs. Bathurst and GT3/4 were announced as base-game content from the beginning. Will be great!

5. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing has changed regarding DLC.

I believe you looked at the roadmap and misinterpreted free content as paid DLC. Bathurst and those car packs you saw were marked as free upcoming content in the same month as paid DLC. So I can understand how you made the mistake :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SRS13Rastus

No, I'm not mistaken, I definitely had looked at the DLC bundle listed on Steam which has now been changed as I stated above.

There WERE 3 DLC's listed 1 per month for May, June and July all 3 including a car pack (or 2 in the case of Bathurst).
    All 3 were shown as costing $9.99 each yet now the car packs are no longer listed with their respective tracks and Bathurst is missing from ALL of the games information page..
    If this is because it's included in the base game, great, but could somebody provide confirmation of this.

I've done a search and the only reference to Bathurst now is as you said in the roadmap, it WAS listed on Steam @$9.99 as well so I'm just asking for clarification here, the roadmap doesn't list any prices yet the Steam DLC bundle page DID have prices listed.

I'm also not the only person to notice the sudden change to the Steam information, a few of my friends are not members of this forum and have not even seen the roadmap, just the Steam pages so I'm not imagining the sudden change either.

On top of that is the discrepancy between the roadmap itself still listing the packs as track + car yet Steam shows the tracks as single items with no mention of cars whatsoever..

This is where my confusion is coming from... Why the sudden change to an already public announcement???

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why the sudden change ?
    Because original the 1.0 release was planned for March 31 and this has been changed. We are currently under Early Access and the 1.0 release date has not been announced yet.
    Maybe Bathurst is coming at a later yet unknown date.
    Just wait and see what happens and in the meantime take a chill pill ;)

8. NTUL

NTUL New Member

In case there is any confusion, the Steam store page for the AMS2 2-year season pass had a picture of the Bathurst track logo, but now there are only pictures of Silverstone and HockenheimRing.

Link:

Automobilista 2 2020-2021 Season Pass on Steam

In the written description, Bathurst was also removed.

From this thread, it is gathered that Bathurst will be free content rather than part of a paid DLC.

Do I have this right, and is the question now clear?

9. SRS13Rastus

Oh I am chilled about it just querying the change as the track has disappeared from the Steam DLC page, and yes I am aware this is all subject to change as it's not my 1st foray into EA games. :)

I'm not panicking just concerned about the change due to other devs attitude to their customers of late, Again not overly worried as Reiza seem on top of their game and act FAST to issues raised in the forums (Unlike many others).
    Guess I've just been bitten a few too many times to remain totally relaxed :confused:.
    Again still loving the game as it stands so I'm not THAT worried, certainly not about a single track anyway. Just confused.....

10. Sib

Sib New Member AMS2 Club Member

11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That was the dev roadmap, not the DLC roadmap. Look here:
    [​IMG]
    Reiza March 2020 Development Update - An Update on AMS2 Release

It only says DLC in red below Hockenheim and Silverstone, not under Bathurst nor the car packs. Those are all free base game content. The whole thing has been pushed back because originally the EA phase wasn't planned.

Basically what you get as DLC in the Season pass is what is on the Steam Store page now, and not everything is known at this point in time, so you'll need to decide if you want to take the risk to pay for something yet unknown.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SRS13Rastus

Thanks for that I missed it entirely and it actually answers the question.
    As I said though the Steam DLC page did indeed list Bathurst + GT3/GT4 as a paid for DLC (@ $9.99) so I suspect now this was an error on Steams part and has since been corrected. That's what lead to my confusion about this...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cliff

Cliff Member

Well you weren't:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SRS13Rastus

Hmm so You're a mind reader then... Must've read the wrong mind....
    I WAS chilled, why? because I'm SERIOUSLY enjoying the game.
    That does NOT mean I cannot be very VERY concerned about the changes on the Steam DLC page..
    At least one person actually answered the question instead of assuming I misread the roadmap which doesn't list individual prices for the DLC's at all, yet the Steam DLC page DOES list them...
    I'm guessing Steam made a balls up and assumed Bathurst was actually a paid for DLC and have corrected the error.
    FYI I wasn't the only person to notice this change and was asked by a friend to post this question...

15. Cliff

Cliff Member

Oh well, all better now then.

16. NTUL

NTUL New Member

Wow, I hate this community already.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Rather, you were chilled about it; then you started shouting....

Glad to know you’re enjoying the sim. Might I suggest you simply pay for the DLC bundle and come out ahead both financially and emotionally?

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

It feels like the old helpful/friendly AMS feeling is becoming like some of the other forums sometimes :( back to Reiza 51 I think for the more civil forum.

19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Mmm went onto a certain other forum today and 3 pages of unnecessary snipes about an unfinished product and its roots (Pc2 if the engine/graphics was so bad why would anybody use it as a base for ie Ams2? ) left me feeling deflated, So went off and did some TT Ams2 Felt great
    Early Days

• Like Like x 1
  20. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, why does every forum turn into a slanging match?