1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else having audio issues?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kiryu, May 1, 2020.

1. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Hello everyone,

as the title suggests, i wanted to ask if anyone else has a problem with popping and/or crackling sounds?

It mostly happens on downshifts and with some cars also just while driving around the track, though i could not really pinpoint if it only happens at a certain engine running speed and therefore i am not sure if this is a problem with already clipping and distorted sound effects or with my system.

I usually use an external usb audio device but the issue persists when i use my onboard audio or even nvidia's hdmi audio.

I also notice a small but audible crackle if i open up the pause menu when i am on track.

A long time ago i had a similar issue with Assetto Corsa (others had the problem as well) and it could be fixed by doubling the number of audio channels in a config file.

Of course i have already looked for people with similar problems in PC2, since it is the same engine but i could not really find a potential fix, just people with similar issues in that particular game (maybe some sounds are just placeholders and originally from pc2?.

Latencymon shows nothing out of the ordinary btw.

So before delving deeper into the troubleshooting rabbit hole i wanted to make sure it's not a game issue (given it's early access) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been going on since PC2. I'm also hoping it gets sorted.

3. Cliff

Cliff Member

Check the 'Disable all enhancements' option in the 'additional properties' panel of your sound device in Windows.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I get very occasional crackling too, over my Rift S headphones.

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I already have. No difference.

6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

That was the first thing i checked, my device does not support those audio enhancements to begin with.

It also seems to be somewhat repeatable, mostly on downshifts and higher revs.

7. Cliff

Cliff Member

Well, no problems with Rift Audio here.

Everyone got the latest sound drivers installed?

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I don't get the crackling with all cars, just a few and only now and again. For the most part it sounds great.

9. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I don't know if it will help those that are experiencing it, but here's a suggesting that helped some with PC2:

Crackling Sound - Page 4

10. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Yeah, even updated my devices firmware yesterday.

Thx for the tip, sadly that is basically the standard setting for my device.

Anyway...it's not a dealbreaker as the audio does not crackle all the time and i start to think that it's really just clipping with certain samples on certain cars. I even watched someone driving the sprint car on youtube and can even hear the crackles there (faint), so it has to come from the game itself.

Maybe my headphones add to the problem because they are pretty analytical. Great for music, maybe not so great for gaming. On my desktop speakers i barely notice those little distortions.

Maybe i am just to sensitive.

I lowered the master volume and that at least helped a bit.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've been reporting this cra kle, static sound for a while now with mixed results, some have been fixed, others still as though it's on my end but it only happens on some cars and only AMS 2.

12. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

I solved that :

I have a Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett USB external sound card, set to: 24Bit - 2 channels 4800 Hz (professional quality). (but with crackling sounds)
    To remedy the audio interference, I had to set it to 16Bit 4800Hz

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thats the highest option i have with my HyperX sound card :(

14. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

uhmmm .... try to put 4400Hz ; if you can

or delete the contents of the folder .... Documents \ Automobilista { make a copy }