1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 1, 2020.

1. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm wondering if it could be Watkins Glen. Treelined, undulating and tall fences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. th3orist

th3orist Member

Whatever it is, i look forward to it. And that Nordschleife will come at some point, should be a no brainer. Whether its this one or at a later point...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pcraenme

pcraenme Member AMS2 Club Member

I don’t think AMS2 and rF2 are direct competitors. rF2 has mods and AMS2 does not support modding. AMS2 is in a category of its own with its unusual selection of cars and tracks. AMS2 can become a great game, but somehow I still get a bit of a PC2 feeling. FFB and physics are already much improved, but I am still having issues with AI, I also had with PC2, and why I eventually shelved that game. On lap 1 they are terribly slow and when the field spreads out they are extremely fast on some straights and in some corners and slow in other corners. Also traction of AI seems to be different from your own car in some corners. It could be related to my driving skills, but AMS2 and PC2 are the only 2 games where I have this issue, and I play all the currect racing sims except iRacing. This spoils the fun racing against AI for me now, but I trust Reiza in fixing this issue. SMS gave up on PC2, which was sad, because its selection of cars and tracks was great and Reiza already showed us the Madness engine can be tweaked with much better FFB and physics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

yes its great, but................
    typical hidden complaints :whistle::p

6. th3orist

th3orist Member

I dont think SMS gave up on PC2, they supported the game for quite some time after release, they brought dlcs with tracks and cars and in general brought like seven or so major gameupdates. Their business model ist just not the same as this of rf2 or am2. SMS released the game, supported it over 1-2 years and then slowly shifted resources to the next iteration, though in this case shifting everyone over to Codemaster lol.

7. Diego Rodrigues

Diego Rodrigues New Member

[CITAÇÃO = "Brett Nagle, post: 69527, membro: 2699"] Super empolgado com o Sigma P1 e o fato de ele ajudar a desenvolver a classe P2 é ainda melhor. Não o vi abordar, mas as grades personalizadas completas serão uma coisa no futuro? A restrição de 4 classes cria muitas barreiras para tentar criar a grade certa, e com mais aulas simulando a série endurance Brasil não será possível, com apenas 4 classes disponíveis para seleção [/ QUOTE]

8. Diego Rodrigues

P2 será que teremos ou metalmoro mr18 revitalizado e mais alguns carros novos? Também temos alguns P3 disponíveis, mas a reiza está fazendo um grande trabalho parabéns

9. pcraenme

pcraenme Member AMS2 Club Member

On the content part I agree with you, but they never fixed FFB, physics and AI issues. Reiza has achieved a lot in this area already in a short time. Just look at the difference between the first AMS2 beta and the version we are driving now, and more improvements in this area are already in the pipeline. I would pay money to apply these ‘fixes’ to PC2!

• Agree Agree x 11
  10. Diego Rodrigues

[QUOTE = "Marc Collins, post: 69502, membro: 661"] OK, hora de confirmar alguns elementos. Eventualmente estaremos recebendo:
    1. Carros Opala dos anos 70 para se juntar à versão dos anos 80 e à versão "moderna" dos anos 80?
    2. Kyalami - algum layout intermediário entre a versão antiga / original dos anos 60 já no jogo e o layout atual?
    3. 2019 e 2020 Sigma P1?
    4. Metalmoro MR18 (da AMS) para ingressar em qualquer classe P apropriada?
    Abster-me-ei de perguntar sobre todas as outras coisas não explícitas no seu anúncio ;)[/ QUOTE]

Metalmoro MR18?
    Pode ser P2 ou P3

11. Humberto Barreira

Humberto Barreira New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    beta 0.8.7 today??

• Like Like x 2
  12. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, 0.8.7 is going to Beta tonight. If all goes well, tomorrow to the Early Access version.

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Oskier

Oskier Member

+1, wanted to set some lap records in Sprint Cars :<

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oskier

Oskier Member

Hey, Have you guys noticed how fast AI can turn their wheels? I mean it's like + - 30° per 0.5 seconds maybe that's why the AI is quicker on the corners and so stable while being hit by player? I personally like when there's some mistakes made by AI otherwise it feels like you know, AI. And since close bumper to bumper racing is not really possible in multiplayer because of the netcode/hit box issue most of us just enjoy the title offline

• Like Like x 1
  15. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

30° in 0.5sec is fast?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oskier

Oskier Member

I mean wheels not steering wheel so it's like 1 full turn left and right in 0.5 seconds. Especially visible with formula cars

• Like Like x 1
  17. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

is that a 2019 Porsche GT3 R or the older version? :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You won't be getting any records mate :p maybe p2, p1 is reserved for me :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  19. OnlineNãoTemPause

OnlineNãoTemPause New Member

aheueahueahu lol, you guys can fight for p1, p2 on sprints... all i wanna do is do less then 1´30" on Interlagos with a F3 309 :(:(

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I won't be limiting my records :eek: to the Sprints mate :D

:whistle: