1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

I've been doing some more looking at the profiler. I have a similar odd situation: in my case the steering lock is correct for each car but the Overall Effects Strength setting in the profiler is ignored. It's not using the Global Default settings either.

If I run the logitech profiler (5.10) as Administrator then the Overall Effects Strength works again, but the steering lock stops working in-game and is set back to 900. This sounds very similar to what you have.

I tried uninstalling the Profile, deleting the G27 from devices, running 'WheelDriverCleaner.exe', and then re-installing but with the same result as above.

1) Run as admin - I can adjust the wheel strength from the profile but have to manually adjust steering lock
    2) Run as normal - can't adjust the wheel strength but game adjusts the steering lock automatically.

I can also shut down the profiler and AMS2 will behave exactly the same as 2) above.

There must be a setting somewhere that windows is using hidden somewhere.

Not sure this helps you but might give you some further options to look at. Have you tried launching AMS from the Profiler instead of from Steam?

2. th3orist

th3orist Member

Any chance we will see this Update today for all Players? Here in Berlin its 4:30pm Friday.

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

did you ever get it before 20:00 in Europe?
    Though someone wrote it will be there?
    No

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Usually it's right after my wife fall asleep in the same room and I'm frustrated as I can't use FFB wheel... Around 21:00/22:00 CET

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

make her movable :whistle:;)
    upload_2020-5-1_19-46-54.png

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Already tried it all. Run as adm don't change a thing here and shutting down the profile limit the DFGT to 200º with a very heavy centering force (works like those cheap wheels, but with FFB).

I also changed the USB port, disconnected my gamepad, uninstalled it's driver and rebooted (And them tried everything again), tried to force ID1 (and don't force), sacrificed a virgin, walked on my knees into Aparecida and some other things that are inapropriated to this space, but none of them worked.

Seems to be some kind of issue between Madness Engine and Logitech drivers that do random bugs with different wheel models, but not just Logitech. Reiza may need to contact Logitech to solve this, but I don't think that will be an useful answer.

At least AMS2 don't crash when I Alt+Tab it like AMS1 used to (I had the very same issue on this game... but just on AMSs... PCars 2 worked fine).

EDIT: A couple hours ago the wheel glitched back to 900º (but unmatched even with the Copa Uno on server), but after I Alt+Tab it came back to 450 and worked fine. And the camera glitched at the start of a race with Old Stock at Interlagos and everybody got stuck with the "TV" cam without change it back to internal or whatever they were using.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

simple solution ;)
    07437214_6.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Hé hé, I used those earplugs once because the cat meowed all night... Very efficient!

He was nearly dead in the morning as I put all ten in his mouth... :whistle:

Edit : ah! Wife is sleeping, Update arrive pretty soon ! :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

after days testing differences on ffb profile. the new ffb profile works much better on my csw v2.5. the feel is great!! thanks reiza!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

I also have the same issue with AMS1.

No issue with my other games.

Makes you think Reiza are using a faulty API.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Luca Behringer

Luca Behringer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the new update already available for beta players? I did the new update but no new content such as Kyalami

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

New Opala though ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Kyalami is coming next week with Sigma P1.

14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V0.8.7.1 should be deployed to release in about 1h.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Renato and team. I have not know of another developer that rolls out such rapid updates to improve their product. Impressive

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Who is better than these guys?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

COME ON, SAVE MY F5 BUTTON NOW! DO IT!!

18. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

Automobilista 2 V0.8.7.1 RELEASED!
    Time Trial mode is now available - please note that not all car / track combos will have boards available yet. Also be advised that we plan to reset all Leaderboards by the time we hit v1.0.

V0.8.7.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL
    • Enabled Time Trial Mode
    • Player now has complete control in pits if Pit Stop Control is set to "Manual" in Gameplay Options (no longer gets automatically held up due to incoming traffic)
    • Implemented new CutTrackFraction logic for detecting how far back a track limit infringement in previous lap invalidates the next one (5% of track length in practice, 10% in qualifying, 15% in Time Trial)
    • Fix bug where spawning in garage in between sessions would cause Trucks to crash into the garage

CONTENT
    • Added Opala Stock Cars 1986 Season

UI & HUD
    • Added missing F-Trainer A vehicle specs; Corrected Puma GTB, Super V8, Lancer R & RS, Copa Classic specs
    • Fixed AJR V6 short name in session config screen
    • Added new 'Full' variation of the Laptime Info HUD element (gives past lap info or Time Trial info depending on game mode/session)
    • Moved Laptime info position slightly higher in default layout

PHYSICS & FFB
    • Added "Tyre Scrub to Rack" effect to FX FFB slider (New Default profile only
    • Added "Min force" FFB funcion, disabled by default (can be activated in custom FFB file)
    • Minor FFB adjustments to various cars to better suit New Default profile
    • Increased FFB smoothness for FWD cars
    • Fixed remaining issues with excessive brake wear
    • Revised drivelines for all TC Classics, AJR, F-Vintages, F-Classics Lancers, Ultimas to correct excessive drivetrain losses & inertia
    • Fixed suspension physics for Copa Classic B Passat
    • Minor adjustments to tyre tread & carcass for Copa Classic, Lancers, Opalas, Ultima Race, AJR, Stock Car & F-Classic
    • Added wet tyre options for Lancers & Copa Classics
    • Corrected excessive engine boost in Lancer R & RS
    • Fixed wrong default tyre option in some TC Classics that could cause CTDs
    • Reduced front ride height range & moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 8cm in Metalmoro AJR for more accurate aero balance (all variants)
    • F-Classics Gen1&2: moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 2cm for more accurate aero balance, increased diffuser downforce loss with yaw
    • F-Classic (all Gens): Adjusted default setup (stiffer rear ARB, corrected ride height inconsistencies); fixed V8 engine wear range

AI
    Disabled glitchy AI function that would cause it to behave erratically while trying to weave out of the way under blue flag in Practice & Quali (AI will now just reduce speed to let faster car by)
    Adjusted AI behavior under yellow flag (a bit less overzealous)
    Revised AI damper rates for all cars
    Minor AI performance tweak to Londrina (both layouts)

TRACKS
    Corrected environment & track temperature ranges for South American tracks
    Interlagos Kart: Fixed layout 3 fences and walls missing when running less than High Track Detail

VEHICLES
    Passat Copa Classic B: Updated interior textures, corrected collision mesh
    Puma P052: Updated cockpit interior textures; updated liveries for #03 #05 #08 #35 #36 #52 #65 #78 & added Community skins #55 #56 #58 #60
    Sprint Race: Added rear brake lights

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

I think I have mine sorted now but it involves not running the 5.10 Profiler at all. I renamed it so that it wasn't loaded by Windows (just disabling it via Startup didn't make any difference).

I can then set the ffb strength via Control Panel, Devices and Printers, G27 (in my case), game controller settings, properties, settings. AMS2 uses that strength and sets wheel rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I didn't use the Logitech driver, as you said, and just configured 900º and "let the game configure" via Win10's control panel and now the wheel rotation is working properly.

Thanx, mate!

• Like Like x 1