1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.7.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2020.

1. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

I had to revert back to old default ffb on this update ,,,,,all wheel vibes have been reduced quite significantly in 0.8.7 ,,,as it happens the old default ffb is top notch so no worries

2. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Cant wait to see what this is like after a year if this is what you can do in a short time! Definitely my go to sim from now on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I played with various min force settings. It doesn't help and probably even hurts the best settings (once you find them) for 0.8.7.

4. Marc Collins

...and P.S., it isn't 100% of the time. You're not driving fast enough if that is the case.

• Agree x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I must be missing something because I can't even find the setting. I don't see it under custom o_O

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marc Collins Seems to be iRacing needs to buckle up. I really dislike marketing stuff as the best thing ever. Codemasters do the same thing with Dirt Rally. Like it's the best off-road simulation ever, but it isn't a sim. That's why I love the neutral text on the store page of AMS 2 at Steam.

Oh.. Just noticed that I think they changed this paragraph:
    It's now too much 'most advanced, incredible quality, superior VR, etc'' It was neutral before or I've false memories. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's written into the custom FFB script.

See here:- Automobilista 2 V0.8.7.1 RELEASED!

• Like Like x 1
  8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. I tried the default (min force 0.01) in the ffb_custom_settings.txt and it just added a notch when moving my TSPC through 0%, no other improvements that I could notice.

Edit: I run 90/50/50/10 in game and the FFB is fantastic - strong and detailed.

9. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am getting ncontinual disconnect from this session message while in time trial? BETA did not do this.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

The post wasn't a bash on iRacing. It is about the plethora of professional racing drivers (including Indycar champion Josef Newgarden not in that clip) all talking about how much easier their real cars are to drive compared to sims and how they are so difficult to spin or lose the rear end. It was a reply to a post here on that topic bashing AMS 2 as being too easy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Marc Collins

It's in a txt file. You can safely ignore it unless you have a specific problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Not continual, but I did get it once.

Also, how on earth is there no display of your own best lap of the session displayed in TT? Not to mention it should also display the best time from the leader board and your time from the leader board if you already have one. There's not much else that needs to be displayed in TT, but those are essential.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

First i have to say:
    This video and the channel is gold and you really should give Austin Ogonoski a chance, even if some fanboysimracers will tell you, he would be a "troll" or "toxic" person. This guy was already mentioning iRacings tyre problems, when many real life drivers were still laughing about sim racing and not even trying it.
    Also the point of saveable rubber on track is absolutely valid.

BUT:
    The story about AMS2 is a bit different.
    Some cars, like the F-Classic are basically unable to spin, the Copa Classics (especially FWD) are lifeless and pretty boring, compared to AMS1, many cars are able to be drifted one handed, while checking WhatsApp group messages. (F-Vintage Gen2 for example)
    It's definetly not wrong, that cars are able to be handled quite rough on the edge and many older sims got it wrong, but in AMS2, even, when physics are WAY more believeable, than other sims, you can drive many cars, like if you're totally insane, without being punished.

You know, that i'm not holding back on pushing to the edge, as far as i can personally archieve it and still i get the impression, that cars are impossible to lose. It's basically the other extreme in some occasions, compared to iRenting.
    You're confusing bashing with critizism. I don't think, the intention of his post was about demanding the horrible grip cliff, iRacing celebrates.
    It was more refering to something like the Stock Car V8s in AMS2, being twitchy on low speeds, but saveable in that way, like if they catch themselves.
    It's definetly right, that it's not unsaveable IRL and it's definetly likely for these cars to rotate much under throttle, but it seems a bit over the top sometimes, regarding stability.
    Also laptimes can be way faster in AMS2, compared to the AMS1 cars.

Luckily, AMS2 has saveable physics and not physics, like presented in sims like iRacing, but there are still discussable points.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. JL Desert

JL Desert New Member

When is an FFB-improvement especially for Fanatec systems (DD, CSW2.5, etc.) expected? As far as I remember it was mentioned in some roadmaps month ago.

15. th3orist

th3orist Member

I have a bit of a struggle with my braking pedal, using T300RS GTEdition. i get the feeling that despite high ABS setting many cars lock up tires too fast. For example i spin out in the Stock Car braking for a turn if stay too long on the brake, the rear just flys away. Do i need to adress any setting or my own driving? I am not steering in while fully on the brake. I have in no other sim this problem with my driving style. Is it just the car?

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

'...rear flies', try moving the brake bias a bit forward (I've assigned buttons for them to adjust while on track). For locking up, also try reducing brake force (in setup).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Djalma Ribeiro

Djalma Ribeiro HI MOTION RACING

I played Stock Car yesterday and felt:

- I hit my car a lot. Several touches from behind throwing me out of the curve (aggressiveness is 35%).
    - Crashes in the rear / middle side of the other cars made them overturn (they looked like styrofoam - very light).
    - Still feeling that the rear comes off very easily. Is it that delicate in real life?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You aren't going to get rid of the old default are you? I have reverted back. I couldn't find a good feeling setup with the new, the old(er) version is great, great feeling, great weight to the wheel. Having a blast online. Shame the AI is a bit wonky still. Especially in multi car classes, but in time I know you guys will totally fix that and all other maladies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Your false dichotomy bull**** is on par with that of the most deceitful politicians. You should run for office.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anybody got a 430KB update on Steam ? What is it ?