1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Because you don't agree with him. For increasing numbers of people these days, that's all it takes to cause offence and earn their scorn. Ridiculously childish, but that's the world in which we live.

As for the original point, Kunos did nothing other than choose a different route. And just like every other sim ever made, their FFB is as subjective as ever. Might have worked for you mate, but it certainly doesn't for everyone. Same goes for AMS 2 FFB. I for one am totally against the removal of any options. We have few enough already.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it me or has the Super V8 changed for the heaviest steering car to one of the lightest since last patch? :p It's almost I am driving a different car

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

No , I don’t put that guy on ignore because he has an adverse opinion. I did it because of the way he displayed it.
    And I’m fully aware the format leads to shortened train of thought.
    Which is lamentable!

To your critics at my post, may I say that a fully physics based FFB should fix every problem, regarding your minimum force I.e. deadzone and gain is set right.
    As KUNOS did.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Just FYI, in-game physics threads are not the same thing as cores.

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

What FFB settings do you currently use?

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Check my signature :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both LFB and FX are based on physics only. Read first post of this thread.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yawn. It seems you're not going to accept anyone else's opinion or the fact that FFB is completely subjective with no "perfect" solution. So, I really can't be bothered to waste my time arguing with you. Why don't you go and play AC since Kunos have done things so brilliantly well? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

Opinions are like a******s, everyone has one.
    Only facts matter. And facts are measured objectively.
    Ignore list

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Hahaha, so your opinion is fact is it? You really are a loon. :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

lə-mĕn′tə-bəl

heh classic. :rolleyes:

All things being equal, if the comparison must be made to Kunos, then do allow for the years of development that went into the end result.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. xkkkx

xkkkx New Member

Hi Guys, since pc1 im try to optimize the ffb at Madness engine for my g27. I think devs should make it possible to use a ffb Post process Like kunos with the LUT. The PCars method for liniar ffb Output is, smoothing the specific ffb curve for each wheel, with some values like deazone removeal/Fall off, scoop knee/reduction, half and full Clip but this method is too complicated and never give the ffb linearity like LUT. But I'm confused that these old values not in the ams options like pc1 or in the custom ffb file like pc2...I mean these values are important for all users with nonliniar ffb outputo_O especially Logitech and budget Thrustmaster. In the ams2 custom file the value for minforce should be same like old deazone removeal but without anti-
    oscillation it's useless for gear driven wheels.

I know that some users have no patience for complicated settings, but without work from us to improve the wheel ffb curve, it's nearly impossible for the devs to give us good feel for everyone with the madness engine.

About AC u can mean what you want, but LUT in combination with in-game controls for road surfaces, curbs and abs is unbeatable when it comes to ffb (physics is another topic). Simple and effective.

I hope devs can realize a similar system to make it easier for them and us.....so that feedback is more meaningful if ffb is close to liniar for everybody. If not possible ,at least add pls the old pcars values in custom file for optimizing.

I like ams2, and I would hate to see the general saying that you never get the feeling of ams1, devs have presented too well.

Sry for bad english.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

That would fix every problem if all wheels were able to precisely reproduce the output of the ffb algorithm. However all wheels are different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Some might be good at strong low frequency forces but suffer at reproducing higher frequency detail. Others the opposite. The sliders are there to allow the users to tweak according to their wheel. You can't have a one size fits all when everyone is a different shape.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Lol, did missed that one.:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

While development is ongoing and before release of 1.0, I would always delete all the options for the previous version.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. t00t

t00t New Member

Having used the custom FFB without engine noise from @Goffik I'd definitely vote for Reiza to move the Engine Vibrations to its own in-game slider. I much prefer the feel without those engine vibrations and I'm now enjoying driving the FX slider turned up.

It would also be handy to have some control over road surface noise. Some car and track combinations provide a fantastic feeling of the surface and road texture, while others feel a little like somebody's drilling into my wheelbase as I'm trying to drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

...gimme this and gimme that...

Reiza, do a good FFB like in AMS1, where no noob or peeCars fan boy could alter the fundamentals...

and all will be good. :whistle:;):)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Hark who's talking. Do you make an effort to look like a complete numpty, or does it come naturally? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I could never get used to the small(ish) rattling effects that Kunos gives in AC and couldn't get rid of them either. Maybe someone liked them. Maybe it's subjective. :) I do have a G27, so I do have that notch right at the top that gives almost no feel at all, but that's because of the 2 motors, and the rattling is apparent on either side of the top.