"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sidy06

sidy06 New Member

Hi,
    I can't run AMS with my Fanatec CSL Elite steering wheel. When I go on the track the game crashes. If the steering wheel is not connected, the game works fine. I did a fresh install and run the game in admin mode. I used the instructions from page 1. Without success. Can you help me, please?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Samuel Williams

Samuel Williams New Member

Hello everyone,
    I've tried the steps on the first page, however the game will not launch at all.
    After freshly installing the game I was able to get to the menu and I tried to load a track. Once the track finished loading the game CTD. Since this crash the game doesn't even reach the intro sequence.
    PC Specs - i9-9900k, GTX 1080, 32GB ram.
    Monitor is 144hz at 1080p

Attached Files:

3. heideracer

heideracer New Member AMS2 Club Member

this fixed my ctd issue too! back to 1.5.3 now:):cool:

4. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't start AMS anymore. Fresh install, drivers check, DX files installed...nada. Admin rules, win 7 compability, nothing works. I guess its too old.

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

What is happening exactly, @Bkim? Splash screen freezes? It crashes when going to track? Etc...

6. Bkim

I start AMS as admin, video setup 2.0 is presented. No matter if i tick the boxes or not, as soon as i click on "continue", the video setup screen disappears and that is it...nothing, nada.

7. RevCo

RevCo New Member

I'm having an problem with starting ams, i recently bought it on steam. no matter if i open the game or the config tool. it opens the video setup screen and says my pc is below min requirements and only shows my cpu, a 4770k. i dont have any other options in the video setup. any help?

8. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi everyone. I just installed the AMS2 beta and I have a problem with the xbox one controller. I have it connected by Bluetooth and it does not work correctly. The triggers don't recognize them, and the other assignments show them as if they were keyboard assignments. I also can't get the settings saved in the sensitivity settings. The controller works well for me on the other simulators. Does anyone know why this can happen?

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  9. furerkus

furerkus New Member

i just downloaded the game. i want to lunch game but Video Setup v2.0 say your system below the requirements for CPU. My laptop has i5-1035g1 CPU and i think it is powerful quite to run this game (based on game's requirements description). Any help ?

10. Bkim

I had exactly the same problem. My problem was i overclocked my cpu. After selecting the default settings in my UEFI (bios) i am able to start and play the game

11. furerkus

furerkus New Member

does not work for me

12. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried again and it work!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti i need some assistance please
    i crash to desktop and no matter what i tried from the tips i always crash
    i will post my trace
    pc specs
    AMD ryzen 5 1600
    memory Gskill 3200 16 giga
    GPU RX 580 4giga drivers Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1
    mobo Asus prime plus B350 latest Bios and latest drivers from AMD and Asus
    Sterrign whell CSL elite ps4 version drivers beta 356 with Fanalb 1.23

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

oh my god !!!!
    like someone sais above when CSL elite is on the game crash to desktop !!!!!
    when its OFF the games enter the track without a problem !!!!!!!
    i dont believe it
    i m using Fanatec beta 356 drivers so i ll go back to 346 to see if bug still exists and i ll report

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

nope it doesnt work with older beta drivers
    i also tricked automobilista and i had my steering wheel OFF just to load the track
    after i enter the track i turned my wheel ON and the game crashed to destop
    at least i found the problem but i m not a pro to find solutions like this
    maybe USB drivers from my motherboard cause the issue or maybe a bug from the game.
    @Heitor Facuri Cicoti i need your experience here mate

16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, mesfigas. Unfortunately this has been an annoying issue to fully solve. And right now the team is extremely busy building AMS2. So the alternative is to select a previous version (because this issue started in AMS' last update).

Right click Automobilista on Steam, and select an older version:

upload_2020-5-3_21-5-33.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

ok i will try older version

18. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey New Member

Thanks for the suggestion to try an older version (and for putting up the picture, pointing how how and where to achieve this).

I tried rolling back to the oldest one (and it worked fine), so then I tried the latest one (prior to the current full release), and this works fine too.

I too have the Fanatec wheel base, Fanatec (separate pedals), and a Thrustmaster T500 shifter. My issue appeared to be exactly the same as many other in this thread and on the forums.

The main sim would load, but after selecting any car/track combo, the loading screen would appear, and bar would move along, but at the end of the loading screen, I'd just be back to the desktop.

Anyway, the older version is fine for me at the moment.

Good luck with the AMS 2 development. Understandably that's a priority at the moment I guess.

19. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem with crash to desktop at loading a race or test day in the moment where the loading is complete and the game would switch from the select menu to the track menu.
    Installed was V1.5.3, Nvidia 442.59, Fanatec diver v365, Win 10 1909 x64

Solution for me: Select the beta V1.5.16. I lost the Fanatec sub menu in the beta 1.5.16 this was available in the 1.5.3 but the racing can go on :D

20. Nathaniel Tredwell

Nathaniel Tredwell New Member

I've tried everything that has been listed and nothing works. It was fine earlier then it crashed. After closing it down I restarted the game and it has only loaded up once since, I've tried 5 or 6 times. I've only just downloaded this so everything is up to date, please help me because nothing I do helps.