1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI procession

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jonathan Spencer, May 6, 2020.

1. Jonathan Spencer

Jonathan Spencer New Member

Just want to say I'm loving the game and understand it's a work in progress, but I think a priority (I'm sure Reiza are on to this) is to sort out the ai. If I drive at 20mph, on the racing line, in front of the procession , they still won't overtake . It's all rather ridiculous. I havent tested this at all tracks , but I hope this gets fixed soon.

2. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You may want to drastically increase the agression setting for the AI. I've set the aggression to it's maximum and then I adjust the difficulty level so that it suits my skill level. I've found that the AI will overtake every chance it has, when it's faster than you at any point of a turn or straight.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

My main issue with the current AI is that they're apparently blind the moment you are alongside. Every single race I have I get slammed off the track by an AI swerving into me as if I'm not there, which gets really tiresome.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

And not just once. They keep trying to turn in on you as though you're invisible.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

was the same in ams 1. ai took care for each others, but were often not aware of the player. so, if you were on the inside and a bit in front when breaking for a corner, the ai on the outside just wanted to take the corner on it's racing line and drove into you as if you had not been there. in ams 1, the ai behaviour got better and better after some updates, let's hope it will be the same with ams 2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ai is not always a procession, this is a random shot just taken while racing with ai aggression 80 :
    [​IMG]

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The procession the OP refers to occurs when you "block" the racing line by driving slowly on it. Instead of breezing past you, the AI bottlenecks behind and forms a procession. None are willing to pass the player or each other. Would be great to figure-out if this also occurs at 80% Aggression, or, at what point does it start/stop happening...if any.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1