1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Gameplay

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Aaron Green, May 3, 2020.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll post screen shots of my menu settings. I may have unwittingly worked around something. It's strange I have the HUD settings people are after. I hate using any HUDS as in real life you never use one, so HUD wise I don't think I've touched a single thing...I might be wrong.

2. Aaron Green

Ok, so i am a village idiot. I was running as you suggested Ross, a higher resolution, my only suggestion might be that i run my windows font/view settings at 125%. I swear ive reset my resolution to 1920 several times, so whether its defaulting and going back to what res im running on the desktop (along with magnification settings??? - long shot, but its all i can suggest for your HUDs to readable??). Sorry for the confusion on the matter.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      460.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      459.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      456.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      508.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      444.2 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The apology is echoed here too, but I feel this needs to be fixed.
    A video, to perhaps show what static images can't:

4. GregzVR

Aha! Changing the resolution allowed me to move the elements to the top left so I could then move them to fit 1080p native, as NuScorpii said. I swear I couldn't do this a month ago, or have I been stupid ALL this time? :D

The elements don't scale down though, although we can now move them all via this method, they remain HUGE on a 1080p-native screen, unless you keep things at the higher resolution.

The fundamental VR HUD problem, is that the HUD has elements on two vertical planes, and some of them have their 'grab' points on the other plane that the actual element isn't on!

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

As promised, back on topic. :D

P3 Roco @ Imola vs the AI at 110, aggression 90. Despite my complaint in another thread, they seemed to race pretty fair this time. Epic fail right at the end by me though... :oops:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Aaron Green

Still SO much random braking going into corners. Like, really, really heavy random braking. I just can't go near the game as is with the AI now. Just out of curiosity, what wheel rotation are you running? You look like you are having to turn your wheel an awful lot.

And on the subject of epic fails I just competed in a pre arranged 40 min enduro race round Cascaval. Qualified 5th about 8ths off of pole, went into it thinking "ok, no pressure just have fun, they're clearly going to disappear". For whatever reason they didn't and I worked my way up into the lead, with about 15 mins to go and unbeknownst to me the sun went down (in real life). And the room had been getting darker and darker and I didn't know. So I was leading and then all of a sudden my rift kept switching off and then coming back on and I would be sat in the back of the car, then I'd have to reset the view. I managed to do that for about 4 laps and then my Rift just stopped and took me back to its main menu of room setup. And I guess my car went flying off the circuit! Second place must of thought I was drunk.

Absolutely gutted as I've never won any sort of race like that. That would of been Brilliant. I really should join premium over at RD, get involved more over there.

7. Aaron Green

Great video though!

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no idea what's going on there. Every now and again one AI does that and it creates a chain of heavy braking amongst everyone behind.

It'll be whatever the game sets it to for that car, which must be pretty big for the Roco I guess. I have a fix in place in my FFB which adds a proper soft lock, and I didn't hit it during the race.

Haha, I've been caught out like that with my Rift a few times recently. Especially since upgrading to the S as it starts losing tracking even in low light sometimes.

That would be good. I'm staff there. No AMS 2 club yet as we need the dedicated server to be released first.

9. GregzVR

Formula Classic Gen 1 at Imola 88.
    120% a.i.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. savgeax

savgeax New Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aaron Green

Great videos! In re to your brake struggles I know this is super obvious but have you adjusted the brake deadzone and sensitivity? I've been working for years and years in Mercedes Sprinters and I think as such I've developed a lead foot, so I had to turn my brakes way, way down. Like to 25% sensitivity. It's all good now though.

12. Aaron Green

Also the view you mentioned in the stock car video, you know that is the seating position in the car? Right? Like race cars have incredibly low seating positions, to aid with centre of gravity. I use buildings and markers around the circuit to know when to turn in, in particular marshal posts help alot.

13. Aaron Green

If you guys want to do an online race from all of our different angles I'm game for that!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aaron Green

New car, new track!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Looks ace! Looking forward to giving that combo a try myself.
    (Reinstalling the game to hopefully clear up a few issues I've been having.)

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

This is probably not specific to VR but probably more noticeable, but does anyone else find the combination of P1 (including new SP1) with Kansai is a frame rate killer? I get the odd reprojection even just with me on the track in clear weather.

17. GregzVR

Kyalami 2019 track familiarisation, Formula Classic Gen 3, 120% a.i.

18. Aaron Green

Kyalami Modern meets F1 1986! TURBO LAG!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. GregzVR

Formula Classic Gen 3 race - 16 laps of Kyalami 2019. 103% a.i.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aaron Green

A couple more I did tonight. One is a time trial in the Formula Classic around Montreal, its MENTAL having that much boost. No one needs that amount of boost!

And then a Quali lap when playing online around Monaco/Azure.

• Like Like x 2