1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TekNeil, Apr 26, 2020.

1. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Thanks. What I'm asking is if changing the driver setting does change the feedback in the game? It doesn't for me.

2. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

Hi. DFGT user here. The short answer is yes. Just tried to put the driver overall strength to 0 back in game had no force or strength on the wheeI Back to the driver power up to 120 and in game I could barely steer the wheel as to much power.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  3. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Thanks Massimo. Does your wheel rotation automatically change per car as well?

I either have rotation being set automatically and no ability to change strength OR rotation not being set and ability to change strength. Odd I know.

4. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

Yes, no problems changing cars the wheel feels and visually sync to the different cars steering wheels.
    Silly question but have you tried uninstall the driver/profiler, clean up whit ccleaner see what happen.

5. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

As far as i see , one thing is important,recalibrate the wheel in game every time I make a single change to the driver profiler or in game swapping customs profiler.

6. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Thanks. I've done all that. Uninstalled and re-installed drivers, WheelDriverCleaner.exe, removed drivers from device manager, etc.
    The exact same thing happens with AMS as well.

These are the only two games that have these issue for me so I suspect Reiza are using a problematic api or something, but who knows, could be a variety of factors.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Which other titles have working auto-rotation on your wheel?

8. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

If I may ask, why would you want to change the strength in the driver, when all games have their own strength settings?

9. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

a) Historically 107% was the magic reduce deadzone on a g27 setting. Not needed so much now as games tend to have minimum force to reduce this
    b) 80% gives a more linear response through the feedback range on mine (still nowhere near linear but better than 100%). I use this on rf2, and AC/ACC using a custom LUT.

The reason why I'm asking here is that the profiler is being ignored by both AMS/2 unless I run the profiler as Administrator (and then wheel rotation can't be controlled by the game). I'm trying to find if this is a common thing with AMS/2 or just me. Massimo confirmed it works for DFGT but I'm yet to hear someone confirm it with a g25/g27.

If you can check you can control outside of AMS2 that would be great, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

rf2, AC, ACC
    Also, AMS, AMS2 (but if I run the profiler as Administrator then AMS/2 lose that ability)

11. Sampo

I did say in my previous post that changing the strength in the driver does affect the strength in AMS2, if that helps. But I also noted, that I don't have the profiler (LWEmon) running, so my experience may not be applicable here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Thank you. Even if I turn the profiler off, the setting via the control panel has no impact on the game either.

So just me then with this problem. :)

13. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Right, using the patented Sampo approach I think I have this sorted.

I know that turning off the profiler made no difference, so I stopped the profiler autostarting with windows and rebooted. No difference. In fact, when I click on the Logitech Profiler from the g27 settings in control panel, the profiler loaded instantly - like it was loaded all along.

So I renamed LWEMon.exe and rebooted. You mentioned doing this in another thread Sampo.

I can now change the strength via control panel and the game changes the wheel rotation as well.

So looks like the profiler doesn't play nice with AMS2.

14. MassimoG

MassimoG New Member

Glad you sorted

• Like Like x 1
  15. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Thanks. Doesn't seem to fix AMS1 though :-( Manual adjustment of steering rotation for that I think.

One step at a time. :)

16. Sampo

I haven't checked if it's still required, but I always visit the control panel window that has the strength setting (properties->settings) once per windows boot to have the steering rotation set to 900. No need to do anything there, just to open that window and close it. I have a shortcut to joy.cpl on my desktop for that.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  17. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

I added one earlier :)

18. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Ok, after running 100/50/50 since release, with the odd tweak here and there I think I've found something I like on the new default with the G29.
    I must say, after the latest update I seemed to have stronger/heavier ffb, but I've not seen anybody else mention this?

Currently at:
    Gain: 100
    LFB: 30
    FX: 10.

Feels very, very good so far in the Caterham superlight, Chevette (Great physics on this thing) and Lancer. Need to test lots more obviously though I'm not a massive fan of formula cars and the like.

19. B Stu

B Stu Member

Can't settle on settings quite yet but Fx between 0-10 seems best for G29. Per car multiplier will help a lot. One test I consistently do with ffb updates is:
    Stock Car V8/ Interlagos. The last two bends, as I ease the wheel left, there is a certain "notchiness" I try to soften. Taking ffb down one or two steps at a time till it softens that particular effect. At this point the gain overall seems good.
    Until Reiza decide ffb is finalised and per car multiplier is in place, then really all this dialling in is just an exercise in familiarity with ffb model. (Not that that's a bad thing)

20. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Something I'm currently trying out with my g27:
    107% in the profiler/game controller settings in windows
    60-70 gain in game
    0 lfb
    0 fx

This is really only going to work with g27 and before using the lgs5.10 driver as I need the 107% to significantly reduce the deadzone.

Main thing for me is to remove the centre deadzone as I find that the most immersion breaking thing. Not saying I won't go back to 100 in the profiler (or 80 as that gives a slightly more linear response on my wheel) and play with lfb and fx again at some point e.g. when they change the ffb in game again.