Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS hasn't left Early Access yet and there's still lots of stuff to come for AMS, but why not start already with a wishlist for Reiza17?
    Many wishes in the AMS thread belong better in a Reiza17 wishlist anyways.

Let's see what the Indiegogo campaign had to say about Reiza17:

* PC Racing Simulator on Steam, to be developed, expanded & supported for years after initial release
    * Integrates all our licenses & assets (present & future) into the same platform with free core updates + paid DLC packages
    * Release price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs)
    * Initial release planned for Q4 2016** (see below)
    * Includes majority of the content base in current sims + expands substantially on official licensed content & international tracks
    * DX12 graphics engine
    * Extensive audio & physics developments
    * Dynamic weather & track conditions

** Renato said recently (in Reiza51) that the second half of 2017 sounds like a realistic timeframe when we'll be able to put our hands on it.

To me AMS is special because of the content it offers and the community interaction and dedication of Reiza, so overall i just wish for a sim that could basically be called AMS:Extreme.
    My personal wishes:

* Additional tracks should hold circuits for the open wheelers (historic F1s maybe? Mexico, Adelaide, ...) but also hidden track gems all over the world for the other great cars.
    * Additional cars should follow the trend: Keep those interesting cars coming. For WTCC, Supercars and GTs we have other sims to go to. Opalas, Copa Montana, Trucks, StockV8s, Supertrucks ... that's the content i launch F-Truck/AMS for (next to the great feel).
    * Improved graphics without losing the natural look (if lensflare, DoF and alike need to be in there, they should be optional)
    * Improved AI - battling, drafting, divebombing, defending and taking several lines, an AI race should be full of life without AI drivers turning into suicide bombers
    * Built-in fully customizable HUD
    * Built-in spotter
    * An iRacing like system with scheduled races on official servers with points, championships, safety ranking...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• VR Support
    • Realtime-Weather simulated by using live-data from web (incl. a rough weather forecast ingame)
    • Dynamic track (similar to rF2-RealRoad) but with track temperatures taking into account (like in iRacing)
    And please no "Extreme" in game title. The word "Extreme" is so over-used in the gaming world.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To me the main things are:
    *Real time wheater
    *Track rubber dynamic, not scripted
    *Investiment on 3D animations to give more imersion and option to have all of it (including pit crews from other cars) visible in online races
    *Keep same file structure as it is now ;)
    *Rain drops, smoke and dirt not going into our cockpit

A simple system with safety rating only would be good too if it's possible to make private dedicated servers send this contact and accidents info to Reiza

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam workshop for car setups & dynhud layouts and maybe skins

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

My order of priority would be:

1) Wet weather racing
    2) Overall visual improvements for a more natural look, eg. More advanced materials and shaders, higher-res assets, animations for crowd and pitcrew.
    3) Additional content (90s F1 circuits, F-Truck)
    4) Improved UI, eg. a better way to select control presets instead of clicking an arrow over and over.

6. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

- Photorealistic graphic, a bit more like raceroom but with Ams's typical clearness
    - More GT3 similar cars
    - Transparent windshields for all cars !
    - Some simple boxencrew animation
    - Zandvoort is mandatory ! :rolleyes:

- And the same brilliant pad support and steering calibration abilitys. Ams is the only game where i can drive like this. Its very special.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  7. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see more rallycross tracks, its the only discipline in AMS that feels underdeveloped. Every other series has a solid range of tracks to race on including the historic stuff, but RX only gets 2 tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wonder if Reiza could go for some series like Super Taikyu, would give them access to some nice cars and tracks :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i wonder if people can guess what i would like improved for the next title @Renato Simioni lol

:)

10. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

I would love to see the possibility to limit the number of compounds one can bring to a race weekend :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE (or maybe add it to AMS via DLC somehow ^^)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

noooooooooooo theres a million better race tracks on planet earth why do we have to keep seeing this one,!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I asked Renato last week in Beta 51, he says it too early to discuss anything. A lot of AMS will be ported over to the new sim. Reiza have given cars & tracks that no over sim does, I hope it stays that way.
    On my wish list : FOV calculator in car , an steering wheel on/off at cockpit , Super Touring cars would be nice :)

14. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i think u can already turn the steering wheel off in the plr file. not sure

15. Paul Bennett

Just looking for a quick option in cockpit to turn off without leaving screen. Sure turn off in plr but would help to line up your wheel with dashboard.

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You can switch it off from the Display menu, in session even.

17. Paul Bennett

Yep thats what I do , it's not a major issue ;)

18. Wayne Kerr

Wayne Kerr New Member AMS2 Club Member

i think before wet weather racing is implemented, i'd like to see proper track temp / wind direction effects on cars. Higher track temp, lower the grip until a plateau is reached. The wind should affect the handling of the formula cars.

I've had this discussion in another forum for another sim a while back, here's what I wrote about wet tracks:

First of all, let's take the track grip level into consideration. I don't know exactly how the grip level works when it goes from an unused track to a rubbered track, but is it rubbered in on the racing line, or is it rubbered in on the WHOLE track. If the former, are there marbles offline?

So let's say we have a track that has the line rubbered in, no marbles and you have rain; what is the drop in coefficient of grip on the racing line vs the wide line? Because it is almost guaranteed now that the water ON the rubbered line will be the slippier line; but how much is the decrease in grip. Gotta factor that in. How much do they drop the grip vs how much moisture is coming down? Gotta model that in. What happens to the tires as the track goes from wet to damp to semi dry? Gotta model that in. Remember this is a track with no marbles. You add a rubbered in track and get a sudden downpour WITH marbles offline and you have yourself a doozy.

When you bring rain into the equation, it's not just modelling the water for the eye candy or a meagre decrease in grip, it's modelling the entire interaction between asphalt, paint (because the kerbs will react differently with water on the paint vs when it was dry), water on rubbered track and tire-rubber. That's adding 4 things into the equation. Assuming you have a simplistic model of 3 scenarios (33% saturation, 66% saturation, 100% saturation) you're looking at 4^3 64 additional situations into the mix. It's simplified because it'll be more than 4^3, as iin the case of 33% and under, the dry tire scenario will also come into play and between 33% to 66%, the inters alone will be a headache if that tire is offered.

I can see why most devs won't do it, because to do it right will be a huge undertaking; and if you want it half assed, there's always project cars.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nicely thought, thank you. I enjoyed a lot rain in GTR², I know it was certainly oversimplified and that most people did not use it… But still, I really liked to have changing conditions: either starting on the dry and getting rain, or the opposite: starting on a wet track with a nice weather and going to a dry track.
    We are starting to have changing conditions in AMS with the dynamic track, and I find this is a nice feature. It is simplified with the "pre-scripted" rubbering but it works imho. I don't think we need an overcomplicated system with 100% realistic realtime calculation of all the parameters. It is still a game after all, not a pure simulator (even if it is a goal).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had some good races in RF2 with changing conditions even though AFAIK it does not simulate some of the more detailed interactions of rain with track rubber and graphically could be better. Being pragmatic I would rather have something like that than nothing at all.

• Like Like x 1