1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on with the DLC's and why have they changed on Steam???

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SRS13Rastus, May 1, 2020.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'll treat this as a non-rethoric question and use it to go on a little rant :)

It's the nature of man in an anonymus setting. Everybody has their own view on things, and some are more stoic in their beliefs than others. For example, in the beginning of Beta in the Reiza51 forums it was all very friendly in our small circle of AMS enthusiasts. The more people come together, the more differing views you get, at if they differ enough, people will clash. How friendly or harsh this plays out comes down to each persons personality and even how their day went. People are emotional animals at heart, and all rationale and intellect cannot keep those emotions at bay sometimes. Add to that a topic that many if not all participants are invested in - in this case, AMS2 - and you have a good set of ingredients for some disagreements. A competitive environment, which simracing definitely is, attracts competitive people, who like to win, be it races or arguments. People usually come here with their problems, because all community aside, it is still also a support forum. People can be confused, demanding or disappointed with the issues they're having, and not everyone then has the patience to handle such a person the way that qould be most beneficial. I'm no exception to this of course.

You can be sure that if this wasn't an internet forum but a real life meetup where people call each other by their real names and see their faces and therefore their reactions, we would be much more cautious and friendly with each other. Anonymity inhibits empathy, because you don't recognize the others as real people in all their complexity, but rather as a one dimensional wall of text with an added phantasy name and a funny picture that doesn't react to your wall of text in real time. Written words also cannot transport emotion or intent very well, that's why we have those little guys: :whistle: But even they can't always make everything written clear enough sadly :oops:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I think we found our Jordan Peterson :p
    Very well said.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Who is Jordan Peterson?

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Jordan Bernt Peterson is a Canadian author, clinical psychologist, and scholar. Very interesting to listen to. Well worth a Google if you have a little time .

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

well spoken and tells exactly how it is.
    That said, I’m not one of the guys which always want to win. For me it is just the fun. If I win then that is nice but if I loose then that is fine as well. No winner mentality at all of course. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i think these are the things we are most excited about, not knowing what might come with it.
    Not really sure what to expect from Brazilian Legends, my guess is maybe an 1990s Azure Circuit, Indianapolis with Emerson Fittipaldi???

considering there are roughly 20 great race courses, and having IMSA, Indycar and NASCAR, Racin USA should bring something great to the table, no matter the tracks and series ends up being.

Adrenaline maybe something along the lines of PC2 Fun Pack? Rallycross? Otherwise i think most racing is very high adrenaline :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. OlaN

OlaN Member

How can you talk about Brazilian legends without mentioning Ayrton Senna?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ayrton who? Never heard of him :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

thats why i put 1990s azure circuit.

Even though i have to admit, Senna this Senna that is getting on most peoples nerve cause he was very good, but wasnt perfect either. There are more people during that era.

10. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Meh, speak for yourself...My Son is named Ayrton. After the late, great, superb, inspirational and phenomenal man himself. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Shhh, Adelaide 92 never happened.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Cliff

Cliff Member

There would a lot less arguing if people weren’t so rude and entitled.

13. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

For my part, I don't consider a mere difference of opinion grounds for either taking offense or slanging. My take on the tone of this thread was that its originator, one SRS13Rastus, veered off the line of cool into the loose marbles of whingeing territory, and a few of his colleagues simply jostled him back in line. We've all been there before and needed the nudge. Nothing to see here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Or Monza 93.

15. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Really? I find it laughable that reading a brief question raised as a legitimate query can be psychoanalysed as "veering off the line of cool into the loose marbles of whinging territory".
    I asked a legitimate question and thanked the 1 individual who actually answered the question with factual information instead of starting a slagging match and making assumptions about peoples state of mind....
    What exactly was I whinging about? Did you not read my 2nd post?
    Doesn't look like it, doesn't look like you read my post thanking the person who answered my query either.
    Instead you (along with one or 2 others) make assumptions about my state of mind and capacity for reasoned thought and sensible discourse.
    Who's the one veering into whinging now???? My question was answered and I'm satisfied with that answer. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned what's YOUR excuse?? Bored and no one to Troll??

• Funny Funny x 1