Manager Mode!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Otterbear, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Otterbear

Otterbear New Member

I love watching my AI driver during setup-testing (Not sure it really matters), and racing.( I rarely do well).
    I would love to manage him during testing/practice and racing.
    I have been praying that this would eventually become a reality.
    It seems the underlying code is all in place.
    If we could see the Tire Wear, and other indicators while our AI driver is driving, we could, in effect, manage a driver.
    I love playing this way, as I am not good at driving with my thumbs, and my two wheel setups render my PC unusable for any other purpose while the tangle of wires is attached.
    If only we could give pit instructions to our AI driver, and see the performance of tire wear, brakes, ect. while they are active.

Am I asking something to hard? Am I crazy?
    I do it all the time. I just have to turn off tire wear, and fuel use(because I cannot see them). By adjusting the AI strength, I can get them on par with my AI driver and its fun to watch him race.
    Is that wrong?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Otterbear

Otterbear New Member

Really?
    One "optimistic" tag?
    No one has ever done / wanted this but me? Seriously?
    No one has ever wanted to see this info while their AI driver was running? ...Really?
    No one has ever wanted to focus on car setup and driver management, but me? Really? WOW!
    No comments at all? Seriously?

Thanks, for taking the time to read it anyway. (I guess).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s an interesting idea actually, I can see an "engineer" mode being possible and adding some different value to the sim. Not an overnight job though, and our to-do list for AMS is already quite filled. Maybe at some point down the road :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Russ Craven

Russ Craven New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like fun...I've watched the AI race on new tracks to learn the best lines..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Otterbear

Otterbear New Member

Thanks for your feed-back, Renato!

To be clear; I'm not asking for a Driver Manager Mode.

If ONLY we had the ability to see the same car data the we normally see on our car, displayed during auto-pilot, that would do it!

That alone would essentially create a Driver Manager/engineer mode.

One could make all the necessary adjustments to the car, and run the "auto-pilot" as a "managed" driver. Its a blast now! Only you cannot use tire wear, or fuel, due to the lack of info.
    *The ability to request pit-stops and pit-stop selection could be a bit more work, but I look forward to the future in that regard.

*It seems as if code has been intentionally put in place to REMOVE that info during Auto-pilot. Simply, removing that code should be sufficient, one would assume. (*I'm NOT going to assume, as we know what that does. :) )

Yea, its the first thing almost anybody does, one would think.

My question is; Why the restrictions on displaying car performance data, during these "test" runs?
    It would certainly help to understand, Better braking zones, acceleration zones, adjusting tire pressures, ect...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016