1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New modern Kyalami track massive FPS drops in the rain (VR)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike1304, May 8, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, just tried the latest update with the new modern Kyalami track in VR (Rift).
    Looks gorgeous!
    In sunny conditions I get fluid 90 FPS (race against AI) in VR with positive headroom in Oculus tray tool.
    But in rainy condition (thunderstorm for example) or at night the FPS drop massively to 45 FPS and negative headroom (-70%!!).
    I would expect this in other VR-games like Assetto Corsa Competizione which is too demanding and not well optimized in VR, but in AMS2 on all other tracks (strangely) the rain or night doesn't have much impact.

When I race at Monaco (Azure Circuit) or Interlagos for example it doesn't matter if I race at day or night or in rainy conditions: I always get 90 FPS with some positive headroom.
    I don't understand, why the performance is so good there but I'm happy that it is!
    Unfortunately the new Kyalami-track has huge performance drop at rain/night, compared to other tracks...

Any ideas if this is a bug or can be optimized so that it runs with 90 FPS in the rain like on the other tracks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cliff

Cliff Member

The drop to 45 is Asymmetric Time Warp kicking in. 45 should be completely drivable.

3. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 It's The Little Things

Getting this in flatscreen too. After about 10 or so minutes, the FPS drops from 60 to 30-40. Not unplayable, but annoying nonetheless.

4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

If you think that's bad, try the P1 at Kansai.

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I already opened a post with the same problem for Kansai (Suzuka).
    I reported it as it might be a bug (optimization problem?) which the devs could probably solve as all other tracks don’t have this problem...