1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

No, on the Simucube 2 I run it pretty raw, just a little dampening & friction, but not much.

I just did some more testing.
    On my wheel the Sigma P1, without somewhat high LFB will jolt in various places, mostly corners where a formula won't.
    But with a LFB like ~40 it helps a lot and the centering of the Sigma P1 is still ok.
    But when I then go to a formula, still at high ~40 lfb, the centering is just artificial feeling at all times.

Normally I ran LFB at ~10.
    Now I can see that I have to switch between 10, for formula, and ~40 for Sigma P1.
    Still though, I can feel the jolts in the Sigma P1, just not as pronounced.
    So to me it feels like the ffb for the Sigma P1 is not polished as well as the other cars just yet. Some of the old school PC2 feel shining through.

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Does it? And how does it do that exactly? Given that I've done extensive research on Madness Engine FFB over the last few weeks, much of it on various PCars forums, that claim is complete and utter nonsense. However, claiming that the key to great FFB is moving one slider up and down is nothing but nonsense. So yeah, who's ignorant here?

So you admit that your previous comment was rubbish then, since you're tweaking the custom profile just like us? Make up your mind pal.

3. GiulioS

GiulioS New Member

Well, the settings I've tried are 100% gain and LFB from 80 to 100%, but the feeling is pretty much the same. Too weak. What do you mean about the auto-rotation problem? My G29 works fine with all other simulator to be honest...

4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here ( maybe a separate thread for different wheels it will be a good thing?)
    After Renato Simioni answer I delete the whole "AMS2" folder in "Documents" and restarted the sim.
    And the FFB came back in all its beauty.
    My settings are :
    In windows profile:
    Rotation: 602
    Global strenght effects: 102
    Spring strenght: 40%
    Damper strenght effect: 70%

In game:
    Configuration:
    Steering deadzone: 0
    Steering sensitivity: 100 ( I had to slide manually by clicking on arrow, sliding the point has no effects, it's return at 50%)
    from here the rest of settings are standard

Force Feedback:
    Type : New default
    Gain: 35
    Low Force boost: 65
    Fx: 50
    Menu spring strenght: 0

With this settings I am pretty much satisfied :):):)

• Like Like x 3
  5. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Thank you! This makes it much simpler to understand what I should be doing and this should be included in the new FFB guide sticky when it's posted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope AMS2 can get similar FFB system as AMS1, which required just 2 sliders, and after that it was great for any car, mod car or official. Never had to touch it again (outside car-specific gain). Less sliders, the better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But AMS2 has similar ffb, gain and LFB are the same as in AMS1 and FX replaces the + effects we had in AMS1. So basically we don't have more sliders in AMS2.

8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni .... I followed all his advice .... but I have this situation
    (Excuse for my english, i use google translate)

Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0

Logitech G920 - Rotation 900° - Default setting in LogitechHub - New Default FFB

The g920 should be similar if not identical to the g29, I don't understand how you manage to set the steering wheel with a GAIN of 100, also I would like a fuller, more informative ffb is more manageable but ..... ok it is not mandatory to have 100, but for values lower than 65-60 the fbb is not very informative and has little engine power (given that the steering wheel is cheap and has lower forces than others) ... i think the steering wheels g29 / 920 they prefer to have a higher gain range (between 80-100) but it is also obvious that clipping must also be avoided!!!

NO 100 GAIN: Even if you lower both the LFB and the FX to zero, exceeding 80-85, let alone 100, clipping phenomena occur (and if you don't hear them, just put the HUD telemetry to realize it with the relative red bar that rises). The problem is amplified if I also increase the LFB and the FX.

NO 80-90 GAIN: If I set the GAIN in this range (with LFB and FX at zero), the clipping is there but it is residual and occasional, but being the cheap steering wheel, I have few information sensations and a feeling of emptiness in the central steering degrees. So I follow Reiza's advice and increase the LFB up to 80 and on some cars even 85, the feeling in the center improves but the problem of clipping is randomly but violently re-amplified (curbs, skidding, violent braking and off-track). Moreover, compared to the first EA versions I can no longer increase FX to fill my cheap steering wheel with the relative effects, in fact if I put Fx +/- 30 it's ok but I don't feel it, if I put FX +/- 60 the shocks are further amplified and clipping in unnecessary conditions.

OK 60-70 GAIN: As you can understand this is the only working and coherent solution, but unfortunately it is not very informative, I only have a little resistance and the feeling is a little "cushioned", as if to say asleep, but in this range I can to set the LFB to 80-85 and to fill the dead zone and central area of the steering wheel and also I can increase the FX up to 60 to add some sensations without having annoying shocks.
    It remains regardless of little control once the grip is lost especially in the rear wheels ... even leaving the accelerator, once the car starts in the rear, it is difficult to recover because I have no sensations on the steering wheel that warn me about the loss of grip!!!

Then at this time:
    GAIN: 60-70 (Car depending)
    LFB: 80-85 (Car depending)
    FX: 60

Just for clarity, I communicate that, in the first EA versions, the old profile was more informative with the same value, but I don't want to use it, as Reiza advises you to focus on the new one because it will be the one you will use in the future ... thank you very much in advance !! !

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Its been ages since I tried rFactor2 but I thought id do some back to back comparison of FFB. With the latest update I think AMS2 is going the right way, it really feels awesome at the moment but I feel there are 2 things (on DD) that could be slightly tweaked. Dont hate me please I know its being worked on and next week we might get something different :)

Still wanted to mention this.
    The tire load on braking - cornering forces are fine imo, oversteer, understeer, etc. I can all feel that really well on my wheel. I can feel the braking loads shifting but with the last 1 or 2 updates, I started feeling it much less unless I focus. Is there any chance we could go back to something in between?

The road texture/relief - in RF2 the FFB literally moves the wheel when the road banking changes. Again, AMS2 sort of has it but it only gives you a specific effect in form of FFB, doesnt really move the wheel to feel the change of angle. This I guess could be slightly harder to implement but would still be cool.

This doesnt belong to this thread but Id love to see the tire deformations during load, flat spots, degradation, etc. visually :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First, you're English is great - no problem understanding your post! ;)

Your issues sound quite similar to what several of us are having with the T300, especially in regards to not being able to feel the rear tires losing grip. I did some testing this past weekend comparing the FFB telemetry comparison from the Old & New Defaults and noticed that the output of the tires losing grip had much more vibration feedback in the Old Default and I was not able to replicate this in the New Default to the same degree while finding a good balanced overall FFB. Maybe there is a bit too much smoothing in the New Default for some wheels?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gaspedal

Gaspedal New Member AMS2 Club Member

But AMS1 has still the better FFB Effects and they are very very realistic. Just fantastic! I hope, with the next Updates that AMS2 can generate the same FFB Effects like AMS1.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stakanov

Thanks ... I'm glad that the text is readable ... and from how you summarize your feeling on the FFB, I really think it's the same as mine!!! ;)

I have one more doubt, I don't understand how many users, who have the G29, use the GAIN at 100 without clipping (although there are others who use it at values around mine) and they say wow it's good like that ... but if the g29 is the same as the g920, I don't understand how the former can have a totally different feeling from the latter who are forced to use it much lower ....
    Yes ok the FFB is subjective, but here we are not comparing a GAIN of 90 with one of 100, here we have users with G29 who say wow with GAIN 100 and others like me who say anything else with a GAIN of 60-70 ... but clipping is clipping I do not think that on some it cannot be heard .. Furthermore, this discrepancy in assessments I do not think helps Reiza with Logitech.

Some users above use the G29 with a GAIN of 100 and even an LFB above 80-90 at the same time and claim that it is good and informative, but can they really use it without clipping and various shocks??
    If yes (do not doubt anyone), then I would suspect that, at today's date, the G920 should be optimized more and/or differently than the G29 because they are not the same thing ...

My question therefore is: "are we sure that currently the same setting is not used on the car driver for both the g29 and the g920 but at the hardware driver level instead they need an ffb code differentiated from each other ??? " .... "Is it already so differentiated or are they treated the same way??"

Anyway congratulations to Reiza, the game is splendid from all points of view and I am sure, as you have already shown, that it will work very well and always better in the future ... among other things, I seem to have understood from mr. Simioni that the next update will also and above all the FFB ... I can't wait !!! :)

13. Danilo-cs

Danilo-cs Member

[QUOTE = "Stakanov, post: 72625, membro: 12992"] [USER = 4] @Renato Simioni [/ USER] .... Eu segui todos os conselhos dele ... mas eu tenho essa situação
    (Desculpa pelo meu inglês, eu uso o google translate)

Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0

Logitech G920 - Rotação 900 ° - Configuração padrão no LogitechHub - Novo FFB padrão

O g920 deve ser semelhante, se não idêntico ao g29, não entendo como você consegue ajustar o volante com um GANHO de 100, também gostaria que um ffb mais completo e informativo fosse mais gerenciável, mas ..... ok não é obrigatório ter 100, mas para valores menores que 65-60 o fbb não é muito informativo e tem pouca potência do motor (dado que o volante é barato e tem forças mais baixas que outros) ... acho que a direção rodas g29 / 920 eles preferem ter uma faixa de ganho maior (entre 80-100), mas também é óbvio que o corte também deve ser evitado !!!

GANHO NO 100: Mesmo que você abaixe o LFB e o FX para zero, excedendo 80-85, muito menos 100, ocorrem fenômenos de recorte (e se você não os ouvir, basta colocar a telemetria do HUD para realizá-lo com o parente barra vermelha que sobe). O problema é amplificado se eu também aumentar o LFB e o FX.

NO 80-90 GAIN: Se eu definir o GAIN nesta faixa (com LFB e FX em zero), o recorte está lá, mas é residual e ocasional, mas sendo o volante barato, tenho poucas sensações de informações e uma sensação de vazio nos graus de direção central. Então, sigo o conselho de Reiza e aumento o LFB para 80 e, em alguns carros, até 85, o sentimento no centro melhora, mas o problema do recorte é aleatoriamente, mas violentamente re-amplificado (freios, derrapagens, freios violentos e fora de pista). Além disso, em comparação com as primeiras versões do EA, não posso mais aumentar o FX para encher meu volante barato com os efeitos relativos; na verdade, se eu colocar Fx +/- 30, tudo bem, mas não sinto, se eu colocar o FX + / - 60 os choques são ainda mais amplificados e cortados em condições desnecessárias.

OK 60-70 GANHO: Como você pode entender, esta é a única solução coerente e funcional, mas infelizmente não é muito informativa, só tenho um pouco de resistência e a sensação é um pouco "acolchoada", como se estivesse dormindo, mas nesse intervalo, posso definir o LFB para 80-85 e preencher a zona morta e a área central do volante e também posso aumentar o FX em 60 para adicionar algumas sensações sem ter choques irritantes.
    Permanece independentemente de pouco controle, uma vez que a aderência é perdida, especialmente nas rodas traseiras ... mesmo saindo do acelerador, uma vez que o carro dá partida na traseira, é difícil recuperar, porque não tenho sensações no volante que me avisem sobre a perda de aderência !!!

Então, neste momento:
    GANHO: 60-70 (dependendo do carro)
    LFB: 80-85 (dependendo do carro)
    FX: 60

Só para esclarecer, comunico que, nas primeiras versões do EA, o perfil antigo era mais informativo com o mesmo valor, mas não quero usá-lo, pois Reiza recomenda que você se concentre no novo, porque será o um que você usará no futuro ... muito obrigado antecipadamente !! !

[/CITAR]
    EU TESTAREI OBRIGADO

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

In another situation, in AC and in ACC, this differences are real .... (the problem is different but always concerns the gain and the dead zone) G29 & G920

In this forum RasmusP's LUT Guide for G27/29 and DFGT - Updates say:
    "Latest updates
    1. New G920 LUT - beta
    Hey People! Due to the increased simracing activity in these strange Corona times (g920), I got a few requests regarding the G920.
    Apparently it has the same ffb motor etc. as the G29 but somehow it has an increased default gain and therefore a very low deadzone. It shows the same issues when using min force as the g29 and using the dfgt lut, which also has a very low deadzone just won't work.
    The G920/29 Logitech software doesn't have sliders for gain/spring/damper so there's some hidden magic going on. I don't have access to a G920 so I could never test this phenomenon myself but 2 users are very happy with this special LUT so I thought I'd throw out an update, containing the new LUT
    "

It's true, the feling is different ... i use in this game a file lut dedicated for g920 ...

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Different wheel, but I will only add that I thought I was very happy with my FFB until I started driving the F-V10 at Donington. Left the pit garage and thought what lovely FFB as the steering weighted-up in the faster corners. But the slow corners later in the track were terrible--I could not feel the back of the car the way I was able to in other cars. I did some laps in the F-V12 to compare. It was much better, but I realized it, too, did not have enough feeling in the slow corners.

To make a very long story short, the answer for me was to raise LFB and lower FX in combination. But the LFB was by far more important. I had not bumped it up since the latest New Default came along (did other adjustments), but for my hardware, it needed to be higher.

I followed the official advice and temporarily put FX to 0 and worked on getting the right feel for LFB (starting at default of 50) with no distractions from FX. It turns out that when doing that "pure" test, I realized it needed to be higher than previously. I then added FX back in and with the now-higher LFB realized that less FX was better (FX interferes with some forces when set too high, which in hindsight I realize mine was set too high).

The F-V10, which felt the worst of any car for lack of feeling from the rear in slow corners, now feels completely normal/acceptable/on par with other cars. Try the FX=0 until you get the right feel for LFB procedure. I would suggest to also pick the car at the opposite end of the spectrum--whatever car already has the heaviest overall steering. Between adjusting for those two, you'll be able to find the right LFB and can then add in the FX of your preference to complete the process.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I used the Sprint Race when following Renato's earlier advice. It has very heavy FFB, especially compared to the Formula cars I was mainly driving previously.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Grimal

Grimal New Member

Hello i am french
    My name is Michel
    I have a question
    Please were is to change old Default,new default,for the ffb ?
    In the game or in document ,?
    Thank you for you answers

18. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ingame. Options -> Controls -> Force Feedback

19. kondor999

kondor999 New Member

Thrustmaster TS-XW/TS-PC

Perfect in-game settings for Formula V12:

Gain: 75 (this car has comparatively weak FFB out of the box).

LFB: 60 (this higher low force boost is usually needed with these twitchy F1 cars, but normally would be around 35-45 for "normal cars". Allows me to sense incipient yaw faster - and correct it).

FX - 75 (I like to feel more tire scrub at the limit, every little bit helps with an F1 car).

• Like Like x 2
  20. R1jerome

R1jerome New Member

Few tests after with new default

For T-GT/TS-PC, i have a relatively good feels with low FX 10, LFB 45 and volume between 75-90 and all 100% in thrustmaster panel