1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing of Set-Ups?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by newbert, May 11, 2020.

1. newbert

newbert New Member AMS2 Club Member

With AMS2 adding cars and tracks at a good pace, there are now a lot of car/track combos available. As a "set-up development challenged" guy, I was wondering whether there are any plans for a mechanism to share user developed set-ups?

AC has their "Set Up Market" app. It would be great if AMS2 could offer a similar type functionality - preferably something that's accessible in-game. But, barring that, a website with downloadable user set-ups would certainly be helpful to someone like me.

Does anyone know of any plans for something like this or similar?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

PC2 allows sharing setups with others in the same on-line race. At the moment I don't think AMS2 has this feature. PC2 also allows use of setups from the leaderboard. I think AMS2 has got this feature.

3. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I read it's possible to copy someones setup in multi-player mode. I'm still practicing, so I haven't seen this possibility. It would be nice for people who have nice setups to share these on this forum. There is a separate thread for it (and still empty at this time of writing).

4. Craig Cottam

Craig Cottam New Member

Time Trial has an option to view other peoples setups and allows you to save them locally. It's a good place to start but in saying that you should really start to learn what tweaks do what so you can tailor the setups to suit your driving.

5. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I have used this too but agree with your suggestion of learning what tweaks do. My problem is not being a petrol head or mechanically minded I prefer to spend what little time I have racing.

I would like to understand more...just time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Craig Cottam

Craig Cottam New Member

I agree, I get a bit frustrated trying to sort it all out, I still have no idea how to work with dampers for eg, but I know if I want to get in amongst it properly I'm going to have to learn.

There are a heap of Setup How To" vids out there but I haven't come across any definitive lessons yet. Ermin Hamidovic,
    , maybe doing a setup series soon, Hopefully he can produce something that actually take us through setting a car or two up step by step.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

Is this still working, I never see a button for being able to download setups? If not are they thinking of bringing it back, anybody have any info on this?

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Still works for me. You must choose a ghost who has a screwdriver symbol on the right. Must be the same car that you have choosen to drive Unbenannt-1.jpg
    . 20200830220249_1.jpg

Then, ingame, you should be able to load/save the setup by clicking the screwdriver symbol:
    20200830220426_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

I know about time trial, but to share with only a teammate, how?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. psone

psone Guest

Honestly there are few things in life I care less about then the opinion of youtubers, but this guy...oh my good lord...I hope he stays as far away from AMS 2 as is humanly possible. The way his opinion of every sim he talks about flip flops from one extreme to the next is beyond ridiculous. I love rfactor 2, I hate rfactor 2, I love rfactor 2....on and on and on. Nope, no, no thank you Ermin, rf2 can keep you, respectfully please **** right off.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Eventhough I more or less agree with this - my oppinion is also that there is absolutely no reason to give people the impression that setup creation is some kind of black art or witchcraft.:rolleyes:
    In AMS2 and most other racing games there are in reality only rather few setup parameters that is really urgent.
    And a further argument for my relaxed setup simplicity is also that the times I have downloaded LB setups from some of my (few :p) faster competitors I have never seen some surprising inventions.

The only really urgent parameters in AMS2 is Anti-Roll, Ride Heigh, Spring Rate, Camber Angle and Differential Settings.
    Hehe and here I can almost hear you say Oh but even that is a lot.
    But relax.:)
    In Ams2 the only really urgent of these is the Anti-Roll and the Power and Coast Ramp inside the Differential Settings.
    Why?
    Because beside these the default settings in AMS2 is very close to some optimal settings.:cool:

ByTheWay: This is probably a slightly heretical oppinion. Hehe but if you check my positions on the LBs I do participate on (F-Reiza/F-V10G1) you will see the reasonable outcome of using default setups with these very few (but urgent) changes.:p

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Try vids in this playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwngKHZDy-rqLXf6oeOQ6O1rOrGfc2LNT

Its PC2 but the principles are true. Setups are a very very deep rabbit hole. I can understand if ppl dont want to put that kind of effort in.

Unfortunately, the default setups aren’t great, depending on the car and the community hasn’t filled the gap yet. I just started uploading videos for ‘new default’ race setups for GT3s, but its in its infancy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

On the cars I have driven :p

A good tool to check if a certain cars default setup is close to optimal is to check the LBs out.
    If drivers who stubbornly ;) stay 100% on default setups are reasonable high on the list - then the default setup are probably close to optimal settings.

ByTheWay: Its ofcourse OK to go on pretending that creating your very own setup is soo urgent. :rolleyes:
    But for those of you whoes self esteem isnt dependent of your black art skills then as said there is a much simpler way of making setups. :p

14. steelreserv

It depends on what you define as optimal. Optimal for one lap pace, sure, proven. Optimal as a race setup, usually not. TT setups are typically designed for pace for one or two laps and suited to a particular driving style/ability. For race setups, temps, pressures should max and be stable. For me, that's optimal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Why some don't have the screwdriver on their lap? Is it possible to set a lap on the time trial and not share the setup?

16. steelreserv

I believe there is an option somewhere that keeps your setups private. Something to consider if you are a competitive league racer perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

But where's the option, anyone knows?

I always thought it wasn't a good idea to obligate everybody on the time trial to share their setups. People should have the right to not share it, if they prefer this way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BrunoB

The positions without a screwdriver is drivers who use the default setups :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Its my understanding that ones with no wrench used default setups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. BrunoB

I was first :p

• Funny Funny x 3