1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigma time trial warning

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NoThrottleControl, May 13, 2020.

1. NoThrottleControl

NoThrottleControl New Member

You can ignore the fastest time trial times as they are exploiting hard tires that have super/infinite grip.
    And another bug is that the ghost setup doesn't correctly select the tires those people use.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. NoThrottleControl

Same thing for P1 Metalmoros and probably all cars with hard tires.

3. mehdis6k9

mehdis6k9 New Member

I made a post few days ago to adress this issue. Nobody really reacted to it, apart from saying "it may be like that IRL" i'm still convinced that it's too much of a difference, and make soft tyres useless. So i went and experienced with the time trials (check the formula ultimate) , for now, i advise that you put the hard tyres, as it may become frustrating. And as i was saying, this is carried over from Pcars 2 :/. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

4. NoThrottleControl

I drive with keyboard and mouse and with sigma hard tires i can put brake pressure to max and with no abs the tire doesn't lock up. That is infinite longitudinal grip. That is definitely not how tires work. Especially hard tires.
    Time trial is basically a waste of time for any car with that problem.
    And if it is an old problem from Pcars2 then i don't understand why Reiza just didn't disable hard tires for the time being.

5. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

It's not an "old problem from PC2"..

In PC2, for GT tires, the "soft" tires were not necessarily faster. In real life they aren't either. In F1 they are engineered for strategy. In modern GT racing, the compound is to suit the weather. Basically, the hard tire is most cases is going to be the "go to" tire. Soft would be used for cooler ambient temperatures (this was from a current and real life GT/GTE racer).

The tires being talked about in AMS2 sound like just an early development tire. Everyone has to remember this is still EA so some things are not going to behave is desired just quite yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. mehdis6k9

mehdis6k9 New Member

I agree that PC2 hard tyres weren't as OP as here, but it still was the "go to" tire, no matter if the track is cold, in GTE for what i know the best.

7. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I'm glad you noticed this, there's about a 5 seconds advantage, wondered what was going on lol, so is it getting sorted or just a case of running hard tyres, same in every class with the option, even F1 that's why they hide the replay as the colour on the sidewall is different ?

8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

10. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Reiza said the TT boards will be reset anyway for the v1.0 release. I doubt they will spend too much time before the v1.0 doing too many resets.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Jobs a good one, cheers...

12. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny I was really surprised to be so slow, I can understand 1-2 sec, but I said I cannot get along with the P2 cars but then I saw you faster but nowhere near the top times, that is when I stopped testing. Crazy laps mate with your mouse and keyboard.

13. Craig Cottam

Craig Cottam New Member

Gotta say I'm loving these Anti-Matter-Teflon tires AKA Hard Slicks.
    I spent all yesterday trying to crack 1:28.8 at Interlagos. Tonight I swapped to the AMTs immediately dropped to 1:24.7 on the first lap. a couple of setup changes later I hit 1:22.8.
    NoThrottleControl, you're in my sights!

14. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Seems the Hard/soft tyre problem has been known for a while looking at an old post, from apparently one of the guys who helped the guy on youtube setup his car?
    So i don't think they were hiding anything intentionally.
    It's the same bug as PC2, hopefully they fix it asap....

15. mdn_1210

mdn_1210 New Member

I've discovered the soft/hard tire problem and posted it in the bug reports section (Apr 16 2020) and nothing happend. For the future it would be nice if the devs could tag posts (e.g. we are investigating, works as intended and so on). Otherwise there is little point in bug reporting...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scoops

Scoops Member

While I understand your point I that it would be nice to have feedback on where these issues are being considered, there is always a point in posting bugs whether they tell you they are doing something or not. Given the experience of Reiza working with their fan base I’m more confident they’re will review the bugs list than other development teams.